Old 08-06-2021, 11:16 PM
Kobold

Skip luclin and go right to PoP
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 08-07-2021, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely do Luclin and PoP on Blue.

Keep Green in Velious and let people transfer if they want.

The racing for VT/Ssra/Seru Raid mobs will be real interesting on P99. I may just dust off my druid when this happens.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Bazaar, Nexus, PC, the new models... really ruin a lot of what makes EQ special imo... and a lot of people agree on these issues.

However it would be pretty cool to raid other Luclin content.

What if a guild turned in 50 sleepers keys in order to get ported to a Luclin Raid zone? Something cool like that would definitely breathe some new life into the scene. Other than that, i'm pretty happy with how things are [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's still fun raiding Velious content to me.

ONE thing I do wish for is if everyone could make a "mule account" that creates a level 1 toon in the tunnel, that is unable to zone out of EC, and that you could use while playing your other toons. I'm sure it would help more items being available in tunnel, as on Blue, there are certain times that the tunnel is just completely dead. This would keep bartering in play.. as is a huge part of the classic EQ experience. (Brad himself loved the idea of being able to "Twink" characters by trading and bartering) - Just a thought.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:49 PM
Aviak

i literally cant justify asking for anything else after consuming nilbog and rogean's content for over a decade for nearly free

honestly i would crowdfund a rogean/nilbog mmo at this point, or have them introduce the expansions but with the content curated by them for some price point. I would be happy to reimburse them for doing more work if they have any interest left. I think they are the only people I trust to either make a new MMO or to curate more content for this server in the future.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:54 PM
Banned

literlly everyone and their grandma will quit green to play blue if luclin and pop were

added

just go to takp if you want to play that stuff
Old 08-10-2021, 06:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bazaar, Nexus, PC, the new models... really ruin a lot of what makes EQ special imo... and a lot of people agree on these issues.

However it would be pretty cool to raid other Luclin content.

What if a guild turned in 50 sleepers keys in order to get ported to a Luclin Raid zone? Something cool like that would definitely breathe some new life into the scene. Other than that, i'm pretty happy with how things are [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's still fun raiding Velious content to me.

ONE thing I do wish for is if everyone could make a "mule account" that creates a level 1 toon in the tunnel, that is unable to zone out of EC, and that you could use while playing your other toons. I'm sure it would help more items being available in tunnel, as on Blue, there are certain times that the tunnel is just completely dead. This would keep bartering in play.. as is a huge part of the classic EQ experience. (Brad himself loved the idea of being able to "Twink" characters by trading and bartering) - Just a thought.
The bazaar is the single best quality of life improvement EQ ever got. Also you don't have to use new models to play luclin. I never did. If you want to use a horse you'll need to but you can get around that by using an AoN. The nexus is whatever. It's not super convenient because you have to wait 15 minutes for the damn ports to trigger. My guess is you'd still see a significant market for dial to operate.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:09 AM
Orc

Would be great to see a form of the bazaar on Blue...but I guess that would involve an expansion release....

I still regard the difficulty of this game as one of the best motivations to play - as a new player to P99 I've been extremely lucky to have had items donated to me from the kindly players on blue - I dread to think how much time I would have to put in to obtain them.

I did play pretty much full on from 1999 to 2007 but I can't put that time in these days - just good to be back playing the old world again and trying stuff I didn't the first time around.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I think I quoted it just as acceptably as you posted it. :thinking:

maybe you can steal the code from another emu and make your dream server that you envision, eh?
Yeah, that makes no sense and it's weird how things get cut in your head.

Anyway, for clarification for anyone who isn't intentionally trying to have pre-k reading comprehension a lot of people enjoyed their playing of EQ from start to a certain point. Velious, Luclin, or PoP. They aren't interested in playing a server like a TLP that is just a zone locked version of a newer game. Or a server that has always been at a certain expansion in the game. They want to play as classic as possible from start to that point and it in no way needs to impact an existing P99 server. Sorry if that offends anyone. Kind of hypocritical to hate on the idea of someone wanting to play on a server that starts at classic EQ and cuts off at a certain expansion.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 08-11-2021, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Raise the level cap to 65 and add Luclin and PoP AA's.

Add Beast Master but don't add Cats.

Add each plane from PoP and make the planar entrance match up with a spot in the world.

Innovation in Steamfont
Fire in Lavastorm
Tranquility in the middle of Erud's Crossing
Disease in RnF channel
You get the idea

I personally like SoL but I'd be open to a version of it that removed the bazaar if that's what really gets people. Remove Cat person place also, no big deal. Remove most or all of the books in PoK.

The Nexxus isn't a bad option for moving around. It takes forever and doesn't go everywhere, I think it's a great thing to have since most people would probably still use Druid/Wiz ports.

The best thing about adding SoL and PoP is it really spreads out the raiding population. The number of targets across the 5+ tiers is astounding.

The time and energy it takes to set up CoH mages all over VT for easy access to targets is borderline triggering.

A low tier raid guild with a force of 65's can have a blast doing ToV and Luclin targets and trying to get into Vex Thal.

Mid tier can go after targets in PoP and hope to push into the elemental planes.

Psychopaths can go after Plane of Time.

Win/win/win/win.

Losers are the people that want to lock down NToV, ST, and VP so they can flex on mid tier raid guilds and stand in EC tunnel with primal weapons for the next 10+ years.
Old 08-11-2021, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

You guys are making my dreams of a second pvp server seem so likely that I can taste it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread