Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 07-22-2022, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've noticed Mage Epic proc doesn't land in Kael, ever. 0% hit rate.

So does this mean it's got the ranger Call of Fire effect, aka just being 'bonus aggro' ?

I had a mage epic back in like 2015, and now one of the new models. I've noticed a pretty big uptick in pet aggro, especially on raids. If pet dies it's.. a lot. However, this isn't reflected in the pets damage - focused water or air pet seem to do more damage, with less aggro.

This creates an unusual scenario where you have to micromanage your pet to make sure it doesn't die because you will too.

Why wasn't this behavior reflected when max hit was 81 and it procced much less? Back then, it WAS doing more damage, and aggro transfer was already in, but I don't remember pet death being such a big deal.
I'm not sure what you're asking here, I've never had aggro from my pet dieing in kael, although I'm sure it's possible. Are you turning pet taunt off? That's definitely the biggest source of threat your pet will add to you. The only situation I've noticed an issue with the epic pet is in ToV it will pull aggro off the tanks on glimmer drake's, which is bizzare, but if the pet dies I don't get aggro, the drake goes back to the tank.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 07-22-2022, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what you're asking here, I've never had aggro from my pet dieing in kael, although I'm sure it's possible. Are you turning pet taunt off? That's definitely the biggest source of threat your pet will add to you. The only situation I've noticed an issue with the epic pet is in ToV it will pull aggro off the tanks on glimmer drake's, which is bizzare, but if the pet dies I don't get aggro, the drake goes back to the tank.
When Pet aggro > A Ranged Player Aggro > Tank Aggro and there are at least 3 things in melee range, sometimes a mob will skip the tank and hit something else in melee range. AFAIK this may be the only way to get a pet to tank when players are meleeing.

Perhaps your pet takes a hit when sieving enchanters out-aggro the tank.
Old 07-26-2022, 06:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When Pet aggro > A Ranged Player Aggro > Tank Aggro and there are at least 3 things in melee range, sometimes a mob will skip the tank and hit something else in melee range. AFAIK this may be the only way to get a pet to tank when players are meleeing.

Perhaps your pet takes a hit when sieving enchanters out-aggro the tank.
It's more than one hit, it tanks till I kill it or it dies. I don't send the pet in anymore on the glimmers/shimmers

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 07-26-2022, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

the bigger question: why is this mage not permanently parked in a coth spot?
Old 07-26-2022, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

nice troll, your mage hate is known

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 07-26-2022, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice troll, your mage hate is known
I quite like mages :[
Old 07-27-2022, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The only situation I've noticed an issue with the epic pet is in ToV it will pull aggro off the tanks on glimmer drake's, which is bizzare, but if the pet dies I don't get aggro, the drake goes back to the tank.
Seems like tons of stuff wrong with pet aggro on p99 right now:

1.) During classic a pet would never maintain aggro on an unrooted NPC if a player was in melee range.

2.) Root could be used to make the pet tank, if you pulled the mob on top of the pet (otherwise the pet would always be sitting at max attack range, and thus with the root mechanic of always using proximity, the aggro would always be on a player in melee range instead).

3.) A pet when dying would not transfer the aggro of the damage they did onto the caster.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

The biggest annoyance atm for pets is how a mob will sometimes beeline at the master when the pet and a melee are in range but stay in combat with the pet if the melee moves out of range.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 07-28-2022, 06:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I quite like mages :[
Was responding to Toxigen. See my other posts

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 07-29-2022, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

is it possible its because it is too high and it dont register on chat ?