Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-05-2022, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol my dude you just absolutely destroyed OP
Old 08-05-2022, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BTW, i don't speak for Vanquish, only for myself based upon my experiences over the years.

Some may agree or disagree and that is fine. The difference is I'm not dictating to everyone else how the game will play.
6/7 other guilds agree. You are 1 guild disagreeing trying to dictate how 6 other guilds play the game. I find this irony and this thread hilarious. Thank you for the laughter.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Did they add more draft weeks or something? I must have missed something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I like the idea of shortening windows, should ditch draft all together and just make mob windows like 6 hours or something/nod
Old 08-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire design of the game is competition based. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Brad, Steve, and Bill..along with all of the other dev's from said era.
https://web.archive.org/web/20000623...y2_Page1.shtml

Quote:
Brad McQuaid Interview - Day 2, Page 1 (11-9-99)

Arr: EQ is by far the most popular Massively Multi-player On-line RPG, what do you think has been one of the biggest keys to it's success?

Brad: Hmm... I think it's a combination of... well with EverQuest, there is a short term and a long term focus, and I think we, in terms of bringing a player in and getting him or her really into the game and addicted and committed to playing the game do pretty well at that. There is that first hook of bringing them in and attracting them and the second part is keeping them playing. And I think we pulled that off. We achieved both of those really well. The first thing is bringing them in is the graphics. I think it’s a very immersive world and I think we really pulled off the 3d environment pretty well. A lot of people said it couldn't be done, you couldn't have a massively multi-player 3d game. And with the multiple camera views and the fantastic artists we have on the team and the world builders and the real stark contrast between the different areas of the world, I really think it makes people want to explore. They really feel like they're there. I think that sucks people in and gets them really interested. And then what keeps them playing is the cooperative nature of the game. Where as some of our competition in the past focused more on player versus player and really felt that, well, I've heard statements like to have a community you need to have that kind of conflict, which I don't agree with. Instead we focused on cooperation and people meeting friends on-line and going out in parties together and working together -- those friendships and that cooperation keeps them playing. And then there’s all the stuff that keeps people playing any RPG: character development, acquiring items, and treasure, and stuff like that. I think all of these points together is what brings people in and keeps them playing.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

I mean this guy is citing his P99 pixels from 2015 as being evidence of his opinions on EQ, his whole concept revolves around this emu not the original game it pays tribute to, doubtful he ever raided in 99-01.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:03 PM
Kobold

I'm loving all the dev quotes just completely shutting down the argument
Old 08-05-2022, 04:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If this were a meritocracy, then a substantial portion of the self-proclaimed p99 aristocracy would be BANNED.

Time and again these sociopaths have EARNED a ban, but for some reason (probably monetary) they continue to exist here.

6/7 do not need someone else to lose to be able to have a good time on this game, hence our push for the draft. The 1/7 should probably talk to a therapist...
Old 08-05-2022, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Riot has been picking up the pace and winning more, see how long till it's 5/7 lmao [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2022, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Zieram;3489160]If this were a meritocracy, then a substantial portion of the self-proclaimed p99 aristocracy would be BANNED.

Time and again these sociopaths have EARNED a ban, but for some reason (probably monetary) they continue to exist here./QUOTE]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieram [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this were a meritocracy, then a substantial portion of the self-proclaimed p99 aristocracy would be BANNED.

Time and again these sociopaths have EARNED a ban, but for some reason (probably monetary) they continue to exist here.
I've never understood the revolving door punishments here. If I was running a 100% free game for others, people would be banned for life the very first time they clearly/knowingly broke any of the rules.

It's like the staff wants to make more work for themselves ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.