Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 08-05-2022, 01:37 PM
Orc

That is patently false - delay has no impact on proc rate over time.

You just have an increased chance of proc with high delay on the first swing. Regardless of delay, procs even out over time.

If there is a higher 2H proc rate, it has nothing to do with delay.
Last edited by khofuswiftclaw; 08-05-2022 at 01:44 PM..
Old 08-05-2022, 01:40 PM
Orc

I’ll give it a test at some point as was suggested. My monk and bloodmaw are gonna have a little chat and I’m gonna show him my 2H primal and baton of flame and see where the numbers end up. Will report back.

In the meantime, please no more posts about how 2H procs 2/min with max dex. I know that’s what the wiki says. I’m saying people have told me it’s wrong and I’m trying to locate the justification, not be reminded what the wiki says �� this was conventional wisdom amongst a lot of people I have played with going back to 2018.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofuswiftclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is patently false - delay has no impact on proc rate over time.

You just have an increased chance of proc with high delay on the first swing. Regardless of delay, procs even out over time.

If there is a higher 2H proc rate, it has nothing to do with delay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khofuswiftclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll give it a test at some point as was suggested. My monk and bloodmaw are gonna have a little chat and I’m gonna show him my 2H primal and baton of flame and see where the numbers end up. Will report back.

In the meantime, please no more posts about how 2H procs 2/min with max dex. I know that’s what the wiki says. I’m saying people have told me it’s wrong and I’m trying to locate the justification, not be reminded what the wiki says �� this was conventional wisdom amongst a lot of people I have played with going back to 2018.
I would advise using two weapons with the same delay to rule out the possibility. The less variables there are the easier it is to determine if there is some additional modifier that helps 2H more than 1H.

Also, I misspoke. What I meant to say was that a slower weapon has a higher chance to proc, even though it evens out to the average in the end. So that may skew your results if you aren't careful. Just because the average is X per minute doesn't mean you will always get this. Sometimes you proc a bit more, sometimes you proc a bit less. Depending on how much data you gather, it could affect your results if you got lucky (or unlucky).
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-05-2022 at 02:20 PM..
Old 08-05-2022, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Slower weapons have a higher chance to proc per swing but over time they have the same exact proc rate.

Quote:
Oh stuff a sock in it. It is 2 procs per minute main hand with max dex whether it is a one handed or a two handed. The wiki is not wrong.

You have your answer. It has been tested exhaustively.

For the record; I tank on my warrior with a 2 hander all the live long day with Dain Axe. I now get 2 procs per minute vs the 3 procs per minute I would get duel wielding.

PS: are you a flat earther or otherwise prone to believing conspiracy theories?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-05-2022, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It has been tested exhaustively.
Not one link
Old 08-05-2022, 06:20 PM
Orc

ROFL

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:22 PM
Orc

Also, why in the world are you tanking with Dain axe if it’s so inferior to 1hers by your own admission?! That’s the real scandal here.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Also, why in the world are you tanking with Dain axe if it’s so inferior to 1hers by your own admission?! That’s the real scandal here.

I believe the proc rate is inferior but the white damage is super good and the proc itself is good too. I hear it's a great tank weapon!
Old 08-05-2022, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Dain Axe has a great agro proc because it has a stun component.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:31 PM
Orc

I have the dain axe on my warrior - and even with the stuns the proc is inferior Aggro wise to almost every VP wep and many others if the assumption is that the axe only procs 2x/min.

Almost everything in VP procs a stun with a bigger DD component. The white damage is OK but it’s not gonna overcome the difference in proc rate assuming 2x/min is true.

I do use it for tanking sometimes but 2H are terrible at getting initial Aggro.