Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-06-2022, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

Better get to work growing out that neckbeard now then. Only thanks to the power of a fully armed and operational one can you achieve that goal.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the solution should be to essentially award DKP every time the PH/Named is killed.(Or possibly every time you pass an AFK check) If your logged on, and on the list, then you get a point, and the person with the most points gets the drop, if its tied, it rolls and selects one. This way you can log off and go to sleep, you can even spend an hour a day at the camp, and slowly accumulate DKP. Given enough time at camp you will get your item.
Except that there is no "DKP" (or anything like it, except plat) in the game. EverQuest is not a game about guaranteed rewards: even when you raid, there's no guarantee that you'll get the mob, or that it will drop the item you want.

That was the core flaw (IMHO) of lists: they were an amazing feat of "automated GMing", which is perfectly legitimate given that we don't have paid GMs here ... but they ultimately added a very un-EQ-like loot guarantee.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to EverQuest: what I described is just as "fair" as (literally) anything else in the game.

Nothing else in this game is guaranteed ... you don't get to sit at the mushroom king camp for X hours and get handed a Fungi Tunic, do you? Why should items that are so good, they got removed from the game, be guaranteed ... when a Fungi Tunic isn't?
Because they *aren't* guaranteed, especially if you kick people from the list if they account share. It took me several attempts to get a guise before they were removed cause I wasn't willing to account share and I can't stay up for 24hrs straight.. I finally got one after a 9 hour camp just a week or two before they were removed.

The entire spirit of the game that attracts this niche playerbase is that not everyone gets a participation trophy. Some people cynically think that means everyone has a mindset of wanting to deny others, when I think it's more that they want to actually feel some sense of achievement for doing something hard.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Stick a lottery npc next to Shady in the tunnel. 1kpp tickets with a 1:xxx chance of getting the guise/other similar items. Combats inflation and people can get themselves sorted.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because they *aren't* guaranteed, especially if you kick people from the list if they account share.
But they are the definition of guaranteed if the camp isn't 24+ hours (eg. I got /list-guaranteed JBoots), or if you don't sleep or share accounts.

And remember, the whole reason we have /list in the first place is that GMs don't have time to manage lists ... but if the GM's don't have time to manage lists, I highly doubt they have the time it would take research and find account sharers.

Just making /list a random chance is elegant in its simplicity: it solves everything in a classic-ish way ... except for people wanting a guarantee for their time spent (and I would argue those people are playing the wrong game).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:59 PM
Banned

The other thing about the /list items is that they aren't really technically ever "removed" unless they're no drop, like a guise. You can still get a manastone on green, just save up enough plat and wait until one is for sale! You might call that "guaranteed" in a sense. If you pour hours and hours into the game, you *can* still get one on a new character.

Guises are basically just fashionquest with a couple faction uses, it makes sense they should be no-drop and limited. If anyone can get a guise and use it at any time, you might as well just give every class illusion: dark elf as a base ability.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But they are the definition of guaranteed if the camp isn't 24+ hours (eg. I got /list-guaranteed JBoots), or if you don't sleep or share accounts.

And remember, the whole reason we have /list in the first place is that GMs don't have time to manage lists ... but if the GM's don't have time to manage lists, I highly doubt they have the time it would take research and find account sharers.

Just making /list a random chance is elegant in its simplicity: it solves everything in a classic-ish way ... except for people wanting a guarantee for their time spent (and I would argue those people are playing the wrong game).
It would be dead simple to remove people from lists if they camp\go LD. It would be harder to track down people screensharing to essentially account share without logging their char out, but it's still another check. If you make something harder to do, there will inevitably be a set of people who won't do it who otherwise would have.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:17 AM
Aviak

bring me a new server, my toons are full of pixel and i hate them now!
i want to farm a new server to make new toons full of pixel with same people so i can hate those toons, too.
Old 08-09-2022, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

The people need to know when to take time off from work for the next green launch. We beg for an announcement of the future plans.
Old 08-09-2022, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by adruidarkly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bring me a new server, my toons are full of pixel and i hate them now!
i want to farm a new server to make new toons full of pixel with same people so i can hate those toons, too.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]