Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-09-2022, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Troxx what are your thoughts on Paladin being most underpowered? Some people mentioned it. I can somewhat understand, but on the other hand I've seen paladins consistently solo seb crypt, so they can't be that underpowered ... right?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-09-2022, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Paladin is nowhere close to most underpowered.

Strong utility kit. Great tanking. They can lull pull. They can solo better than war/rog. They have important raid roles.

Only kryptonite is low dps.

My vote for end game is druid as absolute worst. I say this having one at level 60z. Capable in their own right but 100% replaceable for everything other than casting potg.

But i acknowledge they can port, buff, quad, charm and a lot of other things relevant for levels 1-59. They are not fully obsolete ever … they just can’t do anything someone else does better other than cast Glades at 60. They have flexibility in the sense that they CAN get the job done healing and CAN dps if not called to heal … but for each job they are objectively the worst possible choice. Worst healer bar none (though adequate enough) … and of the classes that can be expected to fill a dps role they suck at it. But they can flip flop between the two.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 08-09-2022 at 08:58 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

So yeah I assert that globally all classes have their moments of shine. Some are situational. Some are level dependent. Some are group awesomesauce while others do better in raids.

Wizard are globally the most fucked. At 60 in raids Druids are worse though.

Old 08-09-2022, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol if it is not focused on raiding then where do you get off putting them dead last? Because they can solo? Because their group dps is tippy top notch?

Or is it just because they can’t cc? Cause last I checked warriors, rogues and monks have zero cc also. My mage pet tanks more than well enough to get the job done and mages worth their salt will out-dps rogues on most content (high end raids notwithstanding).

Jesus man sometimes I think you like to type up PhD dissertations of bullshit just to hear yourself talk.
I have explained this already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed. This discussion will have a lot of hidden assumptions from everybody involved. My approach is to look at how the average player actually ends up playing P99. So the focus is mostly on Solo/Group, with a minor emphasis in raid. I don't assume the average player is simply leveling a class and then quitting it immediately.

Warriors get more emphasis on raiding specifically because most players make Warriors for raiding.

Clerics and Rogues get more emphasis on Grouping because most player do not solo with Clerics and Rogues.

Mages get dinged heavily in this scenario because they are good at solo, group, and raid. But as said earlier, they don't do anything especially well, with the exception of CoTH. So the average player ends up quitting the class or making them a CoTH bot, because they realize they need a different class to do non-CoTH tasks better.

It's a tough call between Rogue and Mage, but I would say Rogues can progress more than Mages in terms of improvement, which is why people play them more at level 60. If you do decide to raid a Rogue can improve their gear and DPS. A Mage is still just going to be CoTH botting. It might have been a different story if Mage Epic was easy to get. In that case I might rate Rogues lower, since Mage Epic is a DPS improvement.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m no mage fanboy. It was my 6th or 7th alt. But all the way to 60 I never ever felt underpowered. I always tethered my pet dps to my mage on real time parsing and always … consistently… and effortlessness nearly always put out the most damage.

Why the fck have people not put wizard/druid dead last? Cause they can port? They both suck donkey dick at sustained dps. Druids can passably heal but all other healers do it better.

#confused

To whatever end … of all the classes I’ve played (including 1 of the 2 I value least as noted above) I have never felt underpowered. My druid heals well enough to get by and the mobility and buffs are nice.
Druids can charm basically all the way through the level range if they pick zones right.
Great backup healers,lots of utility. Druids very strong class.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Correct!

They are a globally very strong class. They suffer only on raids endgame. That’s my point. I can’t think of a single class that just sucks. In their own right and considering all aspects of gameplay I can’t think of a single bad class.

Old 08-09-2022, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have explained this already:
I know you ‘explained’ it already. The ‘explanation’ is horse hockey though.

Old 08-09-2022, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

If you leave out raiding (read: targets that requires disc), I think Warriors are pretty bad and Rogues are a close second. They just have 0 abilities, can't solo and aren't necessary for anything. Rogues have a few more uses, at least.

If you specifically talk about raiding, Druids are pretty oof, except in PoG/Fear. Though POTG is great, and their long range heal is occasionally useful. Wizards are situational as well, but between AE, TLing, kiting, tagging, and nuking (e.g. Dragonbane or 32k targets), they are usually quite welcome. The hybrids get shit on, but they can auto-attack raid mobs and tank trash which is never useless. While SKs are probably the weakest of the group, I struggle to think of a raid situation where you'd want to switch from an SK to a Druid. Maybe to cast some POTG or SOW, but you would probably log back over.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I know you ‘explained’ it already. The ‘explanation’ is horse hockey though.
Data-wise it doesn't seem to be "horse hockey", because you factually don't see a lot of Mages outside of raiding. If they were better, you would.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

You see mages in exp groups all the time what are you even talking about?