Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hello to all you wonderful potential new friends!

Hello!

I hope it wasn't too much of a bother to take a look at this post. I admit to not being a very good or skilled person when it comes to video games, but I do remember my brief excursion into Everquest as being quite fun and immersive. It's been awhile now, but when my friend told me a place like this existed, I figured I would give it a try. I'm sorry to bore you with details!

I was wondering if at this point any class seems more or less played than the others. I do enjoy healing or supporting my friends, so I was leaning more towards a Bard or an Enchanter, maybe a Cleric? I don't know! I'm sorry this sounds silly now, there just seems to be so much information out there when I was reading up and it's a bit overwhelming to me. Thank you!
Old 07-16-2015, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

If you're relatively new, your best bet would most likely be a Cleric, followed by Enchanter and then lastly the Bard. All are great for groups, but Enchanter and Bard can take a bit more effort to be good with, and Cleric can be a great character to knock away the rust...plus they're desired in a group.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Kobold

I am also very excited to start playing within the next few days. Started playing when RoK first came out and my dad let me on his account (back when compuserve would go down when someone called the house). Needless to say my little head had never been so enthralled in something and layered and socially unique as EQ. I moved on to DAoC and SWG and when WoW tapered off my interest, it kind of killed MMORPGs for me. But after getting back into Elder Scroll games (new and old) I have been craving that old nostalgia. Prosit!
Old 07-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you Trelaboon for your quick response!

Clerics seem more desirable than the others? I thought about a Magician too, if people like to eat and drink in the game as much as they seem to in real life. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2015, 06:07 PM
Large Rat

Welcome to the party!
I'm fairly new too. Add me as /friend in game if you like, name is Oroa.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Shadowknights and Paladins, and Wizard are the Least played classes on here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Probably in that order. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But play what you like, it is a LONG way to 60 playing a class you don't really like. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-17-2015, 01:48 AM
Fire Giant

Ummmmm rangers areally not more played than skin or pally. Agree about the cleric piece if you want to play with people necromancer if you want to play solo druid if you want to do both until 50 and then make money for a real char
Old 07-17-2015, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're relatively new, your best bet would most likely be a Cleric, followed by Enchanter and then lastly the Bard. All are great for groups, but Enchanter and Bard can take a bit more effort to be good with, and Cleric can be a great character to knock away the rust...plus they're desired in a group.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

Well met Song & really, play whatever you like. Though being a Cleric will mostly guarantee you a warm welcome.
I've had no problems whatsoever (as both a Shammy & SK) getting a group at low level.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks everyone for all the kind words! A Cleric seems to be the way to friendship which is my ideal. Maybe I'll make an Enchanter on the side, are Bards really that popular these days? The game has changed so much! Then again I never made it past the 30 seasons I believe.
Closed Thread