Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Default Warrior - must have items?

I am leveling a warrior right now, and I already see how different trying to hold aggro is for the warrior compared to paladins and SKs. It's a struggle, to say the least especially when wizards and necros nuke and dot mobs at 70-80% health. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My question is, what items and gear should I work on getting as I level up?

Weapons - what droppable weapons are best for aggro? What weapons should I look for regarding utility that actually are useful?

Armor - what cobalt pieces are most important? Are there any other armor pieces I should work towards getting?

Clickies - within reason, what clickies should I look to pick up, if any?

I don't have unlimited resources so keep that in mind please. I also am not in a raid guild so I don't have access to raid gears either.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:13 AM
Banned

Get rage fire bracer, dual blood points, maybe a frost blade(infestation loot rights are badass too)

Next level would be do your best to quest thurg armor and maybe a fungi , along with the clear essentials of jboots/bracer of hidden/peg cloak/goblin earring
Old 03-28-2017, 10:17 AM
Banned

Hail good citizen of Norrath!

While I have not played a warrior I have had the chance to adventure besides many of P99's top warriors. Warrior can be one of the most expensive classes to gear out if you really want to. Here are the humble suggestions of a monk.

At higher levels the only way warriors keep agro are from procing weapons, but most of the good weapons don't proc until 45+ or 51+...

1) Weapons - get a set on Blood Points http://wiki.project1999.com/Blood_Point or a set of http://wiki.project1999.com/Lamentation.

2) Cobalt wont really help you tank but it offers some very nice utility. The legs give you an invis and the bracers let you shrink yourself (good for large classes). I would think getting haste and a fungi would be light years better than Cobalt if you are having to pick.

If I was you I would buy a set of blood points, fungi, FBSS and then start filling in with as much HP/Stam/Dex gear as you can get your hands on.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Venomou...e_Velium_Brood

I think this procs @ Lv1^
Old 03-28-2017, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get rage fire bracer, dual blood points, maybe a frost blade(infestation loot rights are badass too)

Next level would be do your best to quest thurg armor and maybe a fungi , along with the clear essentials of jboots/bracer of hidden/peg cloak/goblin earring
Ragefire bp is also pretty handy too. Especially with the recent changes to blind. You just have to hang out in SolB as it often rots.

AC is (or rather, should be) heavily capped by level so you don't really need to worry about that so much until the 50s; you will probably have enough to be sufficient with whatever junk you wear.

More than gear you'll find leadership is the most important attribute for a warrior.

Have aggro drawers run to you, not away from the mob. Have people root mobs as they arrive so the shaman can slow early and the dps can do their thing. I've rolled numerous warriors, and even experimented with 'bad' builds to try discover what really matters; it's communication and team work.

Rotquest, Scimitar of Ykesha used to be hot, but with velious there are so many cheap options now. Trochillic's skean is still good rotquest mid 40s though.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Warrior clicky must haves:

Goblin Ear
Bracer of Hidden
Incarnadine BP
Root Nets ( at least 8-10)
Wort Pots
Cobalt Arms ( Lesser Shielding great buff to cast on self )
Cobalt Boots ( free Str buff why not )
Old 03-28-2017, 11:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior clicky must haves:

Goblin Ear
Bracer of Hidden
Incarnadine BP
Root Nets ( at least 8-10)
Wort Pots
Cobalt Arms ( Lesser Shielding great buff to cast on self )
Cobalt Boots ( free Str buff why not )
Going to piggyback off this. Root nets are amazing for literally every class in the game. Classes that can cast root should carry 2-4, classes that can't should dedicate a full bag to them. They were super useful when leveling my rogue through the 50s, preventing several wipes or deaths of party members.

Truncheon of Doom can be useful when you're above level 50. High aggro proc weapons will be useful if you can get them. Infestation comes to mind as being one of the better ones, but it can be pretty annoying to get these days. Tserrina's Whip from ToFS is really good but a pretty huge PITA to farm as well as being quite rare. Anything with a debuff/stun/poison counters should pull pretty solid aggro though.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Must haves in order of importance (assuming not 100% noob)
-worn haste 21% (recommend sticking with cheaper haste until have a great gear base
-aggro weapons: wrapped entropy spine (mega aggro and pretty cheap) + silken whip of ensnaring are my budget recommendations - whip doubles as utility
-cobalt armor: useful clickies. Aside from bp/legs and shrink bracer, pretty cheap
-clickies: prioritize jboots above all else
-basic (not top dollar) resist gear situationally

As you build that gear base look into expanding to the following:
-slow proc trunch of doom
-bloodpoints x2
-clicky shrink bracer
-fungi (more expensive item here)
-more premium resist gear (velium blue diamond)
-consider replacing ensnaring whip with frostbringer
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the tons of responses I appreciate it. Some I had thought of, some I did not. I didn't know anything about Ragefire bracers or BP I still need to look them up tbh.

Thanks again guys.

I will look at what I need to get, as my warrior is close to 30 now. Aggro is the biggest trouble, and I have found no groups that actually root park mobs, except one ranger who I grouped with.

It's a good point to give some instruction when needed, it's pretty clear most groups don't understand how hard it is for a warr to get aggro in the lower lvls.

Without a CC class to mez, mobs need to be rooted and this seems to escape most groups I been in.

I guess I like the warr because it's a challenge unlike the pally and sk that get aggro instantly. Also the added dps makes it a little more fun so far, with DW and critical hits! The crits make it fun.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing_Fennin_Ro_Armor

Mostly click/fashion quest really.

Note the gauntlets are worn Firefist. Pretty cool to have a worn attack buff!
Closed Thread