Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is definitely de facto standard, and if you aren't paying close to it you're shortchanging people.
As a former porter I can tell it's not 1pp per level it's 50p unless I judge you to be poor. Some geared up twink paying me 11p cause that's his level? Nuh uh, onto the cheap list.
Old 10-13-2021, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think the quest is annoying, at least definitely not by typical EverQuest standards. I didn't take boats though, I just got ports instead since I had the plat. Getting the Akanon one was fun because I had ruined my gnome faction and didn't know the zone at all.
DUDE

I think I wandered Akanon for like 45 straight minutes squinting at crudely drawn maps online, eventually exclaiming out loud IRL “where the f is the waterfall?’”

I vowed never to return to Akanon ever again after I finally found the coin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-13-2021, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

1pp per level teleport tip was never once uttered a single time in the period between 1999 and 2006. You pay as much as you can afford to when you're begging for a port from a random stranger.

So its new fangled if it's anything.

I just had to add that.

I'll also add that this is an awesome quest and good quests with awesome results like a key spell that take you to the furthest reaches of Norrath are what make the game enjoyable for me. The monotony of grinding levels or camping rare drop items are the part that I do with a chip on my shoulder.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 10-13-2021 at 07:19 PM..
Old 10-13-2021, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk why you'd pay for ports to do this quest. walking around the world, riding boats, visiting all the cities... that sounds like some classic eq fun!
this player knows whats up.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread