Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 12:37 PM
Banned

Default Embarrassing RL story time

Some examples for me:

1. Was jogging outside along a dirt path next to a sidewalk and noticed when I finished and was back at the gym that I a piece of jumping cholla cactus stuck to the back of my left calf. So I found a stick and began to pry it, but didn't pay attention to the angle. Soon I was able to pry it off....right into my other leg

2. (warning: this one is gross) Was on a vegas trip and sometimes when I go on vacation (especially camping) my digestion just shuts down and for some reason I don't go number 2, sometimes for days. This happened in Vegas but meanwhile I was eating tons of expensive delicious buffet food. I finally crapped after 2 days and it was one of the biggest craps I ever took in my life. It was a giant triumphant tower sticking straight up out of the water and the hotel left me literally nothing to whack it with (no plunger, no scrubby thing) to break it up. Tried flushing and of course it wouldn't flush, wouldn't even budge. I left it for the poor hispanic cleaning ladies to deal with

3. Was on vacation in Jamaica and was going down to the beach in just my swimsuit and apparently some middle-aged probably intoxicated ladies wanted to spit some game at me so they said "Hi there! How you doing?" or something like that to me. I didn't have my contacts in and there were other people around, so I looked in the general direction of them but couldn't tell if the blurry flesh-colors (how life looks without contacts in) were talking to me or someone else. So I continued on and very quickly heard a disappointed "Oh not gonna answer huh? I see how it is!". I am a people-pleaser type and get upset when I make someone upset, so I quickly tried to soothe things over. I ran over to who I thought were them and said "I'm sorry for not saying hi earlier, I'm doing good, how are you doing?". And they just stared at me thinking I was trying some weird pick-up line or something. Then I realized it was the wrong people and just gave up

I'll post some more as the memories I've tried to repress come to me, but feel free to post your own embarrassing RL stories if u want
Old 12-19-2021, 12:48 PM
Banned

Oh one more, a P99 one

I was practicing dungeon crawling and charm soloing deep in Runnyeye as a noob, and I thought it was the coolest thing to charm the higher level evil eye in there and watch it wreck stuff. Unfortunately, due to it being close to me in level (and I think it having some MR), charm wouldn't hold very reliably and kept breaking, sometimes I'd also have adds path into me

I was bound at the gypsies and hated the idea of having to gate and run back, so I kept trying to run out of the zone with the evil eye + adds behind me, but there was a full group exp'ing on the ramp leading down into the spot I was solo'ing at

I was still pretty new to P99 and forgot that you should at least announce trains. I didn't do that and just ran the train right into their oblivious heads. The ones sitting down I don't think were even at their computer, either way they instantly died. The sad part is I didn't just wipe the group once, I wiped them multiple times (in my defense the second time was more than an hour later and I had figured they were gone but nope, they weren't). And I could have just rooted or mezzed everything and gated, I just was too lazy to switch my bind point and didn't want to run back from the gypsy camp

"I want you to stop playing EQ" one of the members sent me a /tell of this. I didn't stop playing, but that was the last time I trained anyone. I felt bad
Old 12-19-2021, 01:40 PM
Banned

Last one I thought of before I go on my hike, this is a work one:

Years ago it was a slow day at work with multiple cancellations and so I was paired up with this middle aged guy who was kind of just a shit employee. Alcoholic, misogynist (the legit kind), hot head, long since having been fired nowadays. Because it was slow we had some down time, but we were on call for any community calls/requests that came in. He wanted to spend the downtime at his apartment close to the work office. We were watching a movie there when he says he wants to rip his bong. “Come on it’s slow, we’re not going to get any calls, just hit it with me”. He kept pressuring me and pressuring and finally I caved and did 2 big bong rips

Right after I finish the second rip the work phone goes off. It’s a police request for an out of control aggressive teenager (these sorts of situations should be considered DV/criminal/delinquent and not mental health, but police love to call these mental health calls, we call them “dump jobs” when they dump them on us). And this was years ago when pot was still illegal in AZ

“Oh God eye drops, do you have any eye drops”. I’m going to be speaking with cops who are trained to spot signs of intoxication, if we get a complaint that the mental health workers showed up high that’s it, we’re fired. Luckily he had some eye drops. We coordinate with police, and find out the teen was beating up his parents because they wouldn’t give him money for pot. So then I have to talk to this shitty domestic violence abuser teen about the risks of substance abuse, while high out of my mind

I’m glad God chose to punish me with situations like that, to teach me a lesson (that I only needed once) about getting high on the clock

Edit: oh yea and on the way there this guy says “I’m way too high so you are going to be doing all of the talking”. Thanks buddy….
Last edited by unsunghero; 12-19-2021 at 01:47 PM..
Old 12-19-2021, 04:04 PM
Banned

no friends, huh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2021, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no friends, huh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or the only one who goes out in RL apparently

Edit: and doesn’t post pictures of other people as himself in RnF
Old 12-19-2021, 04:19 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2021, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

I spent my youth playing online massively multiplayer games.
Old 12-19-2021, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“Hey guys check out my expensive beach vacation lifestyle”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5A67B05B-0902-476C-9995-64B8BD27B27F.jpg (23.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-19-2021, 04:31 PM
Banned

hey guys please be friends with me
(LOL)
Old 12-19-2021, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
hey guys please be friends with me
(LOL)
Hey guys here’s a pic of me at my fancy job. This was taken at our last meeting

Jealous yet? I’m the one in the suit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6BE313E7-D401-441E-9E6D-69D1C28F7AE6.jpg (24.8 KB, 1 views)
Closed Thread