Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 02:11 AM
Aviak

Default Need advice on where to kill gnolls that give queynos faction

Hi all,

the title says it all, I am looking for a zone at my level (I am 15 shaman right now) which has gnolls that give queynos faction and these gnoll teeth. I am a troll and leveled in Blackburrow, gathering 140 teeth already but cant give them away in the Halas quest because of the standing doesnt improve with killing gnolls so there is only the Queynos quest left - which is impossible to do also because I am still KOS to them.

Now I am looking for a place to level, raise faction and gather a few more teeth.
Is there any place I could go for this?
Alternatively I would kill other mobs instead of trolls which raise the faction, also.
Dungeons preferred, I just love them ;-)

Any advices?
Old 07-02-2015, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

Black burrow is your only option really - you'll just have to stay deeper in to get exp at that level. The NPC for the turn-in (Captain Tillin) is listed as factionless - not sure if this is correct, but if so, you would just need to find a druid to give you a wolf-form or have an enchanter charm the npc for the turn-in.
(To clarify, if he really is factionless, there's no quest you can do or mob you can kill to raise your faction with him - it's based solely on race/class/religion modifiers)

The next dungeon with gnolls is Splitpaw, which starts around level 25-30 and goes up from there. And they don't drop gnoll fangs.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Last edited by Shodo; 07-02-2015 at 02:36 AM..
Old 07-02-2015, 03:24 AM
Sarnak

No Fangs but the Bandit's in Karana's raise Qeynos Faction. (iirc).
Old 07-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

As a troll you will have to turn in polar bear pelts to the vendor Cindl right outside of Halas. This gives faction for merchants, warriors (also guards) and shaman guild. She is a merchant so always dubious. Once you get high enough faction to go inside Halas, you need to turn in the Gnolls to the warrior GM. This will give you faction with all Halas faction except the rogue faction (banker) and also will give Steel Warriors faction. Steel Warriors is the faction for the good deity human warrior guilds in both Qeynos and Freeport. Once you have that you can turn in the gnoll fangs in Qeynos, although be warned doing that will lower your corrupt guards and bloodsabers faction so it's not worth turning gnoll fangs in Qeynos.

If all you want is Qeynos Guards faction, don't bother with any of that and just kill more gnolls or bandits. It takes somewhere between 500 and 800 kills to get dubious.

As a troll, you might already be dubious to Bloodsabers allowing you to bank in the sewers. Not sure on that one though.

If you are in your high teens/low 20s you can kill the gnolls in Lake Rathe for Qeynos faction along with EXP if you wanted. But if faction is your main goal you are better off just slaughtering quickly in Blackburrow.

Also, if you can convince a druid to come give you wolf form that will raise your faction enough to turn in gnoll fangs and bandit sashes in Qeynos. But that won't work in Halas because wolf form is KoS in Halas.
Last edited by jolanar; 07-02-2015 at 08:54 AM..
Old 07-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Fire Giant

Can you get a druid to wolf form you so you can turn them in?
Old 07-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you have that you can turn in the gnoll fangs in Qeynos, although be warned doing that will lower your corrupt guards and bloodsabers faction so it's not worth turning gnoll fangs in Qeynos.
Thank you for all your tips, all this faction stuff is really puzzling me as I dont have an idea on what belongs to whom and I dont seem to get much out of the wiki in this case.

I also dont understand if I should hand in my orc belts, I collected 8 Backpacks full of these but cant reach the quest giver in freeport also - a bit strange that the npcs for the evil version of the quest stands around in an area where evils cant enter...

This Orc belts raise and lower some factions too, is it adviced to not hand these in also and just sell them?
Old 07-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Just keep killing stuff in BlackBurrow. Killing gnolls there gives you good hits with the Guards of Qeynos, Merchants of Qeynos, Surefall Glade/Jaggedpine Treefolk and the Silent Fist. At your level you can kill any Corrupt Guard on your way to Captain Tillian in S. Qeynos, which gives great Guards of Qeynos faction anyway! The only one you have to avoid is Lt. Dagarok, who normally hangs out by the Silent Fist Area, but you never have to go there, you can take the other road to S. Qeynos.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for all your tips, all this faction stuff is really puzzling me as I dont have an idea on what belongs to whom and I dont seem to get much out of the wiki in this case.

I also dont understand if I should hand in my orc belts, I collected 8 Backpacks full of these but cant reach the quest giver in freeport also - a bit strange that the npcs for the evil version of the quest stands around in an area where evils cant enter...

This Orc belts raise and lower some factions too, is it adviced to not hand these in also and just sell them?
Allakhazam's faction info should still be pretty accurate for P99. The faction pages tell you what you an kill to raise or lower each faction, and what quests raise or lower each faction.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/flist.html
Old 07-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Aviak

Hehe, the faction info is not the problem, I found this site already, the problem is more or less to transition it into my game.

For example the info on the faction "Bloodsabers" which jolanar mentioned above reads in the wiki: Evil Cult of Bertoxxulous the Plaguebringer headquartered inthe sewers.

But I have no idea whats the pro and cons for me to raise / lower this. I have no idea where the followers of this faction are present and what consequences this would have for me to change the faction in either way.
Thats my problemright now with some of these hand in quests.
As I said I have 8 backpacks full of orc belts in my bank but I have no idea if I should give these to the evil guys in freeport, or build faction and give them to the good guys, or dont bother at all and just sell them ;-)
Old 07-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Aviak

Bloodsabers are in the sewers of Qeynos. You have absolutely no reason to go there as a shaman, unless you're just feeling adventurous. Corrupt Qeynos Guards are all over Qeynos. Good guards will not assist them, they will not assist good guards. You'll have to look at each individual guard to know which is on which faction.

As for the belts, The Freeport Militia are the guards in East and West Freeport. I would not encourage damaging this faction to the point of being KoS as the gate guards hurt. Once you have SoW, you should be fine.

Either way, it is possible to damage both the Corrupt Qeynos Guards (gnoll fangs), and The Freeport Militia (doing good belts), and then raise your corrupt and militia faction with these two quests:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Gnoll_Scalp_Collecting
http://wiki.project1999.com/Orc_Scalp_Collecting

It would not be difficult, but it would be very time consuming. I have no idea how many turn ins you need in order to go from KoS to dubious, but I imagine it is a metric shit ton.
Closed Thread