Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 09:30 AM
Kobold

If someone just saved you a long trip, who cares whether he's using the English language appropriately or not? Just give the guy something.

"Grammarian" is not a class in this game.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A tip is a "compensation for service provided" transaction with the amount at the discretion of the person providing the tip. It's a degrading and ethically questionable mechanism, just like most other "business transactions", but it's an entirely reasonable use of the word.

"Donation", on the other hand, is absurd and inappropriate.
Well stated. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Tip is more appropriate. Since there is really no set cost, it is like a restaurant. Tip what you want, not the so so 15, 20%.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Fire Giant

The server should prepare for some tip inflation when it comes to ports.

There's a ton of plat floating around on the server and the "accepted" tip these days is 50pp. This will go up.

It will also be revenge of the Druids and Wizards for constantly getting shit for not being an Iksar Monk and not being let into groups and all the other BS we deal with from the "bro culture" on this server. If you want a ride to Velious "you gotta pay the troll's toll" lol

This will especially be the case for Translocates. You won't get a boot if you don't pay first. I fully intend on just saying "no" to people wearing certain guild tags or saying something like "sure I'll boot you, 500pp guy." I will continue extend my benevolence to true nubs.

Don't be surprised if you ask a Wiz for Translocate and you get a straight "no." Revenge of the nerds rofl
Old 07-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want a ride to Velious "you gotta pay the troll's toll" lol

This will especially be the case for Translocates. You won't get a boot if you don't pay first. I fully intend on just saying "no" to people wearing certain guild tags
'Quoted for the truth' I think the phrase is. I fully expect a few 'Dial a Port' type indivuals posting up their wizards in certain high-traffic zones in some kind of awesome network of easy-access Translocates, but if you wanna use that network? Troll toll.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Last edited by Waedawen; 07-13-2015 at 06:19 PM..
Old 07-13-2015, 06:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A tip is a "compensation for service provided" transaction with the amount at the discretion of the person providing the tip. It's a degrading and ethically questionable mechanism, just like most other "business transactions", but it's an entirely reasonable use of the word.

"Donation", on the other hand, is absurd and inappropriate.
Touche! I very well may have used the words interchangeably by mistake.
Closed Thread