Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Aviak

Ok, wasn't cd'ing it, but that yields the same result. In the terminal, after cd'ing, it shows the file path and says "not a directory" with a space after cd. Without a space I get "no such file or directory"
Last edited by Lusick; 09-09-2019 at 05:56 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, wasn't cd'ing it, but that yields the same result. In the terminal, after cd'ing, it shows the file path and says "not a directory" with a space after cd. Without a space I get "no such file or directory"
sorry, for CD, you need to remove /eqgame.exe from the end. Just CD to the directory.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry, for CD, you need to remove /eqgame.exe from the end. Just CD to the directory.
When I try to install Wine stable it says I need XQuarts 2.7 or higher first?
Old 09-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Aviak

that worked! now how do I create a direct icon to it?
Old 09-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that worked! now how do I create a direct icon to it?
Worked for me as well! Thank you! Would also like to know if a direct icon or shortcut could be made.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlkoenig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to add - if you previously used Wineskin and want to use Wine Stable instead, here are the exact steps:

1. Download the Wine Stable .pkg from the above link, and install
2. Click "Wine Stable" from Launcher. Approve all the permission pop-ups
3. In the terminal that pops up, navigate to the directory with your P99.app (or whatever you named the Wineskin app for EQ)
4. Go into P99.app, it's a directory. Inside, go to drive_c/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest
5. Run EQ with `wine eqgame.exe patchme`

You can make a shortcut icon if you figure out where Wine Stable put its executable, just with the command `<full path to wine> <full path to eqgame.exe> patchme`
How do I link to inside of my P99 Wineskin path? I'm a bit confused...
Old 09-09-2019, 06:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I try to install Wine stable it says I need XQuarts 2.7 or higher first?
I must’ve had it installed already, or I’d have included it as a step. Apologies.

XQuartz lets Wine use Linux-style window management:

https://www.xquartz.org/
Old 09-09-2019, 06:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will check when I am at home again. Think it is OS X 10.11: El Capitan but not sure.
Ok i checked it, i am running 10.13.6 High Sierra.
[60 Troubadour] Lasterbalk <Riot>
[56 Preserver] Aithne Oakforest <Riot>

Solusek Ro / Bristlebane retired:
[80 Vah Shir Rogue] Katran <Magna Charta>
Old 09-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I link to inside of my P99 Wineskin path? I'm a bit confused...
Once you have Wine Stable installed, running it from Launcher by clicking its icon will open a command-line terminal. On this command-line, you will use ‘cd’ (plus ‘ls’ and maybe ‘pwd’) to navigate around. The P99 app looks like a program in Finder or on the desktop, but actually it’s just a special directory. You can navigate inside it on the command-line like a regular directory.

I don’t know how to make shortcut icons on MacOS. Google probably has some good tutorials.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlkoenig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to add - if you previously used Wineskin and want to use Wine Stable instead, here are the exact steps:

1. Download the Wine Stable .pkg from the above link, and install
2. Click "Wine Stable" from Launcher. Approve all the permission pop-ups
3. In the terminal that pops up, navigate to the directory with your P99.app (or whatever you named the Wineskin app for EQ)
4. Go into P99.app, it's a directory. Inside, go to drive_c/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest
5. Run EQ with `wine eqgame.exe patchme`

You can make a shortcut icon if you figure out where Wine Stable put its executable, just with the command `<full path to wine> <full path to eqgame.exe> patchme`

I seem to be having some trouble I've installed wine stable, the terminal window pops up, i navigate to the p99.app (/applications/EQp1999.app) I can then further navigate with the CD command to the everquest directory (/Applications/EQp1999.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest) but seem unable to get beyond that point? Am I missing something silly? I've tried run commands open commands changed the directory right to the eqgame.exe any guidance from those who have it working?