Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulivar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
staff of temp(erate) flux
Wise words indeed, best way to combat the resists as a wizard that people are seeing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for all the responses.

To clarify my earlier comment I was refering to magic spells more often having additional hate, not necessarily innately being hated more. The mobs having higher MR then other resists makes some sense. There are some wiz spells which are magic based, have no stun and yet still have additonal hate. You can check spell modification lists to see them.

I plan to work on my T flux staff in a level or two, it was definitely invaluable on my wiz on live.

Resists are definitely more frequent than I ever remember them being on my Wiz on live on blues. But my memory could be foggy after a decade.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

FYI, don't use force shock. If you are, that explains the problem immediately. Force shock/Thunder strike/Force Strike/etc are all-or-nothing MR based spells. Where a partial resist would occur with a normal nuke, a full resist occurs with those "interrupt" or "brief stun" kinda spells like force shock.

Magic-based nukes like Shock of Lightning, Lightning Shock, Rend, etc have a pushback component which is sometimes useful for interrupts, but they don't guarantee an interrupt like force shock/etc do, but are also harder to resist and aren't all-or-nothing.

You'll be using your level 16 nukes until 24.

Resists here seem no different to me than they were on live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

First of all, as someone else has already pointed out, resists went through some changes recently. For a while, resists were decidely too high. After a period of readjustment we have reached a stage where things are acceptable. I would think twice before asking devs to do more work on this because it is apparently easy to throw it out of whack.

In comparison to live, I believe the following statements sum things up:
* In general, resists are similar, but not quite the same as they were on live.
* The levels lower than 40 seem to be harsher than those higher than 40.
* Low full blue mobs probably resist less than you would expect.
* High full blue mobs, white mobs and yellow mobs will probably resist more than you would expect.
* The RNG can definitely deal you a string of resists. This is "classic" behavior but it seems more pronounced than it was on live.
* Except for Druid roots (because of the damage component probably), roots in general seem to hold a bit better than they did on live.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

All this talk about resists got me thinking..

Someone told me way back when In SolA that Pacify/Lull/Calm is least likely to resist if you're the max distance away from your target mob, and out of line of sight. True or BS?

Also, is Pacify/Lull/Calm in the set of spells that works with your CHA? If so, does CHA work like other stats in that if it's below 75 there's a significant chance of failure than if it were more than 75?
Old 07-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Is there any chance of having resists looked at again? As a 32 druid it just seems like I'm getting way too many resists on mobs 3-4 levels below me. I'm talking chain resists on snare, roots, and flame dot.

It's kinda depressing spending 50% of your mana on resists. Anyone else experiencing this? Or am I crazy? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitresse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any chance of having resists looked at again? As a 32 druid it just seems like I'm getting way too many resists on mobs 3-4 levels below me. I'm talking chain resists on snare, roots, and flame dot.

It's kinda depressing spending 50% of your mana on resists. Anyone else experiencing this? Or am I crazy? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, chain resists on snare killed me last night. I've been killing Slaythe in Misty Thicket lately, over and over. When he was white it was fun and challenging. Now he's dark blue, and resists have gone way up.
Last edited by Goofier; 07-03-2011 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

lvl 30 necro here and I'm getting 3 to 4 resists on blues and even cons every time.

imo it's way to high; it's not out of the ordinary for me to have 5 and 6 resists on snare and fear in a row.

I also don't understand root/snare not stacking and dot damage being reduced without snare and fear etc...
Last edited by Atarius; 08-02-2011 at 03:09 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also don't understand root/snare not stacking and dot damage being reduced without snare and fear etc...
What is there to not understand? It's classic behavior and this is a classic server.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is there to not understand? It's classic behavior and this is a classic server.
I don't ever remember root canceling out snare. If anything it was a brief bug from classic live and it should be removed from P99 because of that.
Last edited by Atarius; 08-02-2011 at 03:33 PM..
Closed Thread