Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

I'd probably go paladin then, as you don't have to worry about the exp penalty shunning.

Warrior is fun too (I have 2 warriors), but you will have trouble keeping aggro, twinking is most of the fun and there's less buttons to press in general. Paladin will allow you to learn some of the spell lines and should keep you entertained all the way to 60 without raid gear.
Old 06-12-2021, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

War for sure. Wouldn't suggest pallies until the end of velious when they get on war dmg table along with the 2h bonus.
Old 06-12-2021, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehbravo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im relatively new to eq highest level is 34 and haven't seen much of the game.. but I'm starting a static group of 6. The goal is 1-60 together.. and ill be the tank of the group.
Paladin without question.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
January Velious hybrid penalty gets removed.
Whaaaat? It was thst deep into velious? That's like halfway through the expansion.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whaaaat? It was thst deep into velious? That's like halfway through the expansion.
Velious came out in Dec. January is 1 month into the expansion. Consider reading https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes
Old 06-13-2021, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious came out in Dec. January is 1 month into the expansion. Consider reading https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes
Okay. He just said January, not January 2001 patch, so I assumed he meant January 2022 it will be on green. That's a relief.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

there is some interesting and not really talked about much aspect of this that probably had a lot to do with EQ's dwindling popularity post velious.

I'll put it this way, virtually every person i knew who "mained" a hybrid, and by hybrid im talking Ran/Sk/Pal, had essentially quit the game within a month or two of this change to hybrid exp penalty. pretty much all of them saw it as a giant slap in the face and finally disabused them of the stockholm syndrome that kept them around in the first place-- largely based on the assumptions they were going to be given something that warranted the exp penalty in the first place and/or something unique they could bring to raids that would be "in demand" to have at least one of a given hybrid on the raid.

Now, they may not have technically "quit" but, much like i did, they were no longer actively playing anymore despite logging in simply to chat with friends/guldies.

it was all quite bizarre to me, personally, as i had been in contact with 3 different devs at verant pretty much every single week or so and never once did they mention anything like this happening, as i would of told them how stupid of an idea it was and that many people would quit over it.

Anyways, it's interesting aspect of the "death" of classic Eq not many people know/talk about.
Closed Thread