Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Log Parsers are classic, they are not cheating and are allowed on P99.
stop it!
Old 06-07-2021, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Levitate duration: 5.2 minutes @L14 to 19 minutes @L60

60 - 14 = 46 (level range)
5.2 * 60 = 312 (min duration)
19 * 60 = 1140 (max duration)
1140 - 312 = 828 (difference)
828 / 46 = 18 seconds per level increase

Level 52 should last ((52 - 14) * 18) + 312 = 996 or 16.6 minutes

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 06-07-2021, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can try something simple like:

{S} tells the group.*(harm|harmo|harmony).*
Thank you! I had no idea which / ? ' . s were important and which weren't. I'll try this one next time I play!

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 06-07-2021, 09:00 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the replies and the help.

I’ve learned that server side ticks can make things wonky. Respawns pop exactly, but builds, debuffs and dots seem to kinda do what they wanna!
Old 06-08-2021, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also just time stuff myself, I just cast it on myself and start a stopwatch.

That being said, hijacking this thread, is there an actual full list of the regular expressions etc and what they do? I don't know anything about the language GINA uses and would love to use it to set up some complex triggers, but I can't find anywhere to learn.

I know about http://eq.gimasoft.com/forums/index.php but I never get a registration email from there when I try to register [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I'm trying to make one that triggers whenever someone says "harm pls" or "harmony" but I can't figure out how to do it. I found one that triggers for certain auctions, it's as follows:

^(?<seller>[A-Za-z]*) auctions, \'(?i:WTS|selling).*(?<item>(?i:Intensify Death)).*\'

So I tried to bastardize that into what I wanted for harmony, and ended up with this, but it doesn't work:

{S} tells the group, \'.*(harm|HARMO|harmony) ?.*\'

But yeah because I don't understand the language at all, I can't even begin to guess what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: Ooh, now that I'm looking at them right next to each other, is it the lack of "?i:"? I'll try that next time I play.
There’s no need to make super complicated triggers like that in like 99% of cases. You can just make one that triggers whenever someone says “WTS x” with x being the name of the item.

The trick is you have to make an overlay, then assign that trigger to the category group and add a text alert under the corresponding tab. Now, every time someone says WTS x you will get a text or text-to-speech alert.

I have triggers that do everything from tell me what my backstabs hit for to who is the current rampage target to a personal stop watch. GINA is amazing. SoW/Visions/Temperence/Chloro/bard songs etc.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can try something simple like:

{S} tells the group.*(harm|harmo|harmony).*
Superfluous.

{S} tells the group.*harm.*

will catch everything yours will. It'll also get "charm", but harm|harmo|harmony is just redundant in a regular expression since "harm" covers harmo and harmony both.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Superfluous.

{S} tells the group.*harm.*

will catch everything yours will. It'll also get "charm", but harm|harmo|harmony is just redundant in a regular expression since "harm" covers harmo and harmony both.
You're right, I was just trying to keep syntax similar to what Fungus originally had.

You can have it ignore lines that contain certain words. Something like:

^(?!.*(charm|harmless)).*{S} tells the group.*harm.*
Old 06-15-2021, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

I use emotes sometimes if I feel role playing (I think my trigger for charm on a chanter once was "Winky wiggles her nose").

I also use /chari ("You are currently bound in") as a trigger...as well as /tell adfadfa ("That person is not online" (? --- would need to log in to check the exact words). Neither of which are visible to the players around me.

otherwise you need to use the spell text --- which depending on the spell may pick up triggers from other players or be the same for multiple spells.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

I use /shout Setting Timer for Orc Guy #1 and then I quickly follow it up with /shout Setting Timer for Orc Guy #2 and /shout Setting Timer for Orc Guy #3 and /shout Setting Timer for Orc Guy #4 because when I work a camp it's like lightning!
Closed Thread