Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 01-26-2019, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My very fallible memory insists that NRo saw rain. I did spend time there farming silk while leveling alts back in the day (Raw Silk gear was popular when it was new.) As I recall it rain was infrequent and short duration, but not absent. My logs are long gone tho (along with the EQAtlas pdf I paid for /mourn.)
I didn't run those sections through my program, just karana. So can double check that.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:07 AM
Kobold

This is pretty cool how you go through the trouble to get a true classic experience Rygar. Do you ever check out old Fraps based videos on youtube. Not p99, but actual ones that were recorded, and uploaded during a classic period. I know fraps was really in back in the day, and I found a bunch of videos from the 99ish era before. I bet some of those videos would show if it says it has stopped raining. I can't remember if it said it, and I used to play since the game was brand new off the shelf.
Old 06-01-2021, 03:16 PM
Project Manager

We have made changes to the weather system which will be implemented in the next patch.

Some brief notes:
-Zones will no longer have the possibility of weather events persisting for extraordinary amounts of time
-Weather events happen less frequently
-Desert zones have a much less chance of rain, and a shorter duration when it does occur
Last edited by nilbog; 06-01-2021 at 03:19 PM..
Old 06-01-2021, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have made changes to the weather system which will be implemented in the next patch.

Some brief notes:
-Zones will no longer have the possibility of weather events persisting for extraordinary amounts of time
-Weather events happen less frequently
-Desert zones have a much less chance of rain, and a shorter duration when it does occur
YES YES YES THANK YOU!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is cause for celebration for all Quillmane hunters!
Old 12-21-2021, 04:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Define "extraordinary" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Because right now it has been raining all night and all day in Firiona Vie. When it starts raining I seriously consider logging out of the game because it never rains for less than a full game day...

Still raining. It rains longer in this game than in real life...

It's been raining for over an hour IRL...
Last edited by bonsainut; 12-21-2021 at 04:52 PM..
Old 12-27-2021, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Same rain was only on or off.

Does it rain blood in Plane of Fear? Noticed that when I was decompiling the classic client and found the weather function.
Old 12-27-2021, 04:51 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsainut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Define "extraordinary" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Because right now it has been raining all night and all day in Firiona Vie. When it starts raining I seriously consider logging out of the game because it never rains for less than a full game day...

Still raining. It rains longer in this game than in real life...

It's been raining for over an hour IRL...
As long as the code changes for weather made it in, this should be working. Prior to this change, weather events were possible for real life days or weeks at a time. I consider that extraordinary!