Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Aviak

Default EQ Music: Reimagined

EQ Music: Reimagined is a project that focuses on giving the classic Everquest soundtrack a modern makeover. One of my main hobbies is music production. I use certain tools to “reimagine” the original classic music with updated instrumentation, attempt to retain the “classic feel” of the music while giving it freshness, like when we all first heard the great sounds of Norrath.

My main goal with this project is to “reimagine” all of the classic themes, and implement those themes in-game. To do this, I have to modify certain files in the Titanium client (similar to what P99 did to implement this classic server, so it's legal). So, I suppose this project would constitute as a mod.

What is the current status of the project?
  • 25 of 65 themes are complete.
  • Rivervale and Greater Faydark music have been successfully implemented in-game.
  • At this point, character select music, vendor, and trainer music cannot be implemented in-game unless I have some help (see below)

As of now, there isn’t a rough timeline, yet. I’ve recently gone to college, so that is eating up much of my time. I don’t even really have time to play anymore. However, I hope to finish this project by next year. For now, you can listen to (some) of the themes I have completed on the Soundcloud page. I also have uploaded some of the completed themes as a pack for downloading here.

One last thing: if anyone is experienced in software development, I could use your help with figuring out specifics of certain parts of the code. I need help with modifying the code for correct playback of the character select, vendor, and trainer themes. If you aren’t experienced with coding, but want to contribute, I could also use help with testing. Once I complete a theme, I have to enter the client files and modify values to make the themes work in its intended trigger area. If I had people to help test out implementation of the themes, this project would see the light of day MUCH faster. If you're interested in either, send me a private message.

I hope you enjoy the music!
Last edited by Moregan; 09-19-2015 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: updated URL
Old 05-14-2015, 11:08 PM
Orc

I just want the EQ theme.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:09 PM
Aviak

The theme is the obvious next choice. I'll start working on that one and see what I can come up with.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:31 PM
Aviak

Kerra's Isle and Rivervale theme! Great work on Kelethin.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Sarnak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWRjfjgTk0g This is my absolute favorite soundtrack from EverQuest.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdenday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kerra's Isle and Rivervale theme! Great work on Kelethin.
The Kerra Isle music is so good
Old 05-15-2015, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

A+

I've always played with music turned off, but if you reworked all of it I'd just queue it up in a player like Winamp while I'm playing. Also, I'm sure there'd be a way to reimplement the reworked sound files into the game files.

Immersion levels: off the charts.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:15 AM
Kobold

Wow fantastic! I'd love to see this take off and get added officially
Old 05-15-2015, 03:39 AM
Banned

Check out my sig.. not me.

Ps gonna turn the music up so loud on Re99 2 years from now.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimluck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys. Been playing EQ since 1999, and have always, always loved its music. If anything can bring back the nostalgia, it would be the music. I'm sure some of you feel the same way. One of my main hobbies is music production and post-production. While the original MIDI music had its charm, I figured it was time its soundtrack had a makeover. If this is popular, and is wanted by the community, I will create more themes, based on what is most wanted to be heard. Here's a quick demo I whipped together to show you what I can do. I will probably go back and remix this so it sounds a bit more natural, but enough with the talk, here's the music.

https://soundcloud.com/project-everquest-music
Nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread