Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if it's an issue specific to me, but after making a human character minor lightsources like Lightstones, Fire Beetle eyes, and torches seem to make absolutely no difference in darkness.

I know it's classic to be dark, but there should be items available to low level players to help them see, and currently those items don't seem to do anything.
just made a human, and without that little candel they give you, you cant see ANYTHING.

this , i believe is intended
Old 12-30-2020, 04:40 PM
Large Rat

Infravision functions improperly as a high elf. This is compared to the infravision of a half elf of the same level in the same zone.

We swapped hardware and matched settings. This seems to be an issue with the character.

Please adivese.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:13 PM
Large Rat

I'm also having this problem with my wood elf. I've done everything I can but with little success. Help, please! I was really excited to come back but this is completely destroying my desire to play again. I have vision issues IRL and it makes it unplayable.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:26 PM
Large Rat

To anyone with this problem: someone suggested that I might try to toggle Fullscreen under Display in Options. I'd been using Windowed mode and switching to Fullscreen solved this for me. Positive his will not be everyone's solution, but hopefully, it will help at least a few.
Old 02-07-2021, 05:24 PM
Aviak

I took a hiatus for a few months and came back and my woodelf cant see a damn thing at night hardly even with dawnchaser equipped which is a high lvl light source I was still running into walls just trying to go through highpass
Old 04-20-2021, 01:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

My barbarian has serpent sight, but it is still unplayable at night in the commonlands. I just end up logging out for 30 minutes as I have no other choice. It's just black screen. Can't do anything with that.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:20 PM
Developer

I have to switch to full screen if I want the in-game gamma adjustment to work. That makes a tremendous difference as to whether I see well or not without ultravision effects.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:41 PM
Aviak

I wonder if some of the issue is that the game was designed on CRT monitors, which had blacker blacks and less wash from back-lighting of modern flat monitors.
Closed Thread