Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-11-2021, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the point in providing proof honestly? Enchanter already has several proven bugs that makes it overpowered which aren't being fixed. If this was proven it would just be added to the stack and ignored.
P99 is not about classic, but a custom made to plead the Devs and most players, there are some Nerfs that should not happen and still happen like PBAOE/Insta Clicks/Level Requirement clicks/NPC infinite channeling etc.... if devs feel just as you are feeling like its OP maybe it gets a hit, even with proof doesnt mean it will get nerfed.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good lord, man. Memory blue causes ZERO hate and CANNOT be resisted. Some mobs are also totally immune to mesmerize, on top of just being able to resist it.
Giants and raid mobs?

Mez causes like no hate. (in fact right now it erases all the hate lol)

And you don’t see a creature that’s it’s immune to mez until you’re level 50...

I mean look I’ve been enjoying that mesmerize has made me not need to memorize or even buy a member in the entire time that I’ve played green but come on guys let’s be a little honest here it’s pretty obvious that this is a bug.

what are you gonna say next that creatures are supposed to be able to run through walls and off of cliffs when you pull them?
Old 02-11-2021, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Giants and raid mobs?

Mez causes like no hate.

And you don’t see a creature that’s it’s immune to mass until you’re level 50...
Mez has a a farily high hate component comparable to other high hate generating spells like snare/slows. Even if it only had an extremely small hate component it wouldn't change the fact that a zero hate generating spell is noticeably different from a hate generating one and an unresistible spell is different from a resistible one.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All giants (sand, hill, fire, ice, cyclops, frost, storm) are immune to mez and you can encounter a lot of them in your 30s.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 02-11-2021, 12:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Giants and raid mobs?

Mez causes like no hate. (in fact right now it erases all the hate lol)

I mean look I’ve been enjoying that mesmerize has made me not need to memorize or even buy a member in the entire time that I’ve played green but come on guys let’s be a little honest here it’s pretty obvious that this is a bug.

what are you gonna say next that creatures are supposed to be able to run through walls and off of cliffs when you pull them?
I think what we are saying is bring some evidence, 12 casts with questionable assumptions about the aggro message aren't very convincing. First prove what you say is happening is happening (i.e. 100% blur with lvl 4 mez), then show that this number is different from what it should be (either with in era evidence or at least use the old threads to calculate what you think the % should be).

I haven't played my enchanter on blue lately, but when I did level 4 mez WAS NOT a 100% blur, I used it with crag spiders (level 18-22 mobs), they didn't fast regen often. When I used mem blur they didn't always start fast regen but they "usually" would. So yeah I'm skeptical of his assertions because he brought garbage evidence and then backed it up with nothing. My experience is that it doesn't work the way he says it does so until there is better evidence I'm going to assume he is doing it wrong.

Stack on top of that the fact that this guy obviously doesn't enchanter. He is assuming that the spell stat of Memblur(1%) means that Mez had a 1% chance of blurring the mob. While at the same time he completely ignores the fact that Memory Blur has a stat of Memblur(10%) and definitely worked more often than 1 in 10 both on live and here. What are the real numbers on how often mez should blur? I don't know but I know it wasn't ever 1% just like I know Memory Blur was never 10% but if I was trying to prove that I would at least have a couple of links to back that up.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

From 2001:

"A mesmerised monster also has around a 95% chance of having its Hate List wiped, similiar to the effects of Memory Blur."

http://web.archive.org/web/200105050...asp?SpellID=20
Old 02-11-2021, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mez has a a farily high hate component comparable to other high hate generating spells like snare/slows. Even if it only had an extremely small hate component it wouldn't change the fact that a zero hate generating spell is noticeably different from a hate generating one and an unresistible spell is different from a resistible one.
Right now the safest/fastest thing you can do 1-49 when you have agro as an enchanter is to cast mez on a mob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From 2001:

"A mesmerised monster also has around a 95% chance of having its Hate List wiped, similiar to the effects of Memory Blur."

So I have been curious since I came back for green, maybe there was a change to mez in velious's timelines? maybe that never got swapped out when green launched?

idk these are my thoughts Ive had while futzing around on green this last year.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From 2001:

I mean maybe that is true depending on the level of the person writing the description and what they are testing on but the problem with stuff like this is that it can be garbage.

For instance:

Memory Blur Page

Quote:
Note: The spell actually works by wiping an amount of damage done to the monster. If a monster has particularly large amounts of hitpoints it may take two or three blurs to wipe their list. The recast delay is quite long so don't expect it to save you all the time.
Now do we take this literally or just assume they don't know what they are talking about? The same is true for the 95% thing, maybe that is good info maybe it isn't, tough to say really. The dev quote from the other p99 thread on this is probably more reliable even though it is out of era because the base mechanics are less likely to get changed. But if you want to disprove the dev quote it probably needs a lot of in era posts so that you don't rely on a single opinion... like the hp deal for mem blur.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, I wasn't trying to posit that as definitive evidence but more so to offer a counterpoint to the idea that the blur rate should be 1%.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:21 PM
Kobold

Yeah I can't argue with you, the 1% thing is just way off, there was obviously more behind the scenes going on than just the raw spell modifier. I'm not sure it was ever as good as 95% on live though, even below level 17.

My memory says that when grouping in BB with my enchanter I would often mez stuff and have people break my mez and the mob would come for me. I also know though that I used to mez then debuff so did I just happen to debuff before they broke the mez? I don't know, and it doesn't matter because it's just my memories. Even questionable stuff like we found is better than my memory cause at least it hasn't degraded over time.
Last edited by cubiczar; 02-11-2021 at 04:32 PM..