Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

lol
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because of the 100 practiced psychonerds that have their boxing vpns and crazy pods all set up.

No new EQ servers will be fun because the sickos of this communit, blue, green and red, who alttab endlessly in drug induced loops of alterted states of conciousness will just log in and trash the game with their braindead brain in a jar pathing nodes between loot dopas.
I disagree. The trick ... as with any good PvP game ... is to not do it "free for all" (ie. Red-style). Instead, you need teams.

Imagine if you had two (or more) teams of boxing psychonerds warring against each other. A) to whatever extent the staff can't police the boxing, it will "even out" between the two sides, and B) with each team reporting each other's boxing (it would be a sport on such a server) you can imagine the amount of boxing would go down considerably.

This would fix all sorts of other problems with PvP, and this is why, if you look at any successful PvP MMOG, you always find teams. DaoC? 3 teams. WoW? 2 teams. SWG: 2 (3?) teams. Hell, even EVE (ostensibly "teamless") has a meta that forces people into teams (at least for all the significant PvP stuff).

PvP needs teams.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

PVP doesn't need teams. There is no way to keep them going well.

Teams could be fine for a while just like no teams. Eventually it all degenerates.

To me the whole game degenerates when everyone is suicide rushing to get to level 60.

I don't care if teams or not, but I would propose a server where the level cap progressively raises and honestly I would want it to be as slow as possible between cap raises, like level 10 cap for 2 months or something and challenges and events when everyone is all at the same level cap, and level 20 for many months as well, ETC. When there are a lot of people that are NOT level 60, lots and lots of fun stuff happens, its a completely different game and lets just face the fact that the playerbase today is going to RUSH To maximum level and RUSH to valuable loot places as soon as possible.

I would also disable completely or permanently enable "legacy" items. On live, new servers did not launch with manastones after they were removed from game, same with instant click pumice stones and other items. These items create toxic environment for play in many ways and should be available via in game for platinum lottery or whatever. Same with locket of escape and other critical cheater items. Rubicite no reason to ever remove from game. Lustrous russet make it permanent but harder to get who knows.

At this point we know what it looks like when a server opens up and people bum rush to max level. It looks like a pile of shit. So it seems worthwhile to FORCE a slower level progression so people can take it easy and not stress out about winning the manastone war. It's like everyone gets transported back in time and has opportunity to buy real estate in manhattan (manastone equivilent) and its just too compelling for people to do this.

I also think item loot should be enabled on any PVP server with a PVP level range limit.
I also think that there should be no PVP level range limit on any non item loot server. This is not to allow level 60's to stomp level 1's but in order to allow level 60's to stomp level 15 twink PK's, which would actually not exist with no PVP level range limit.

There is just no good solution to twink PK's except item loot and level requirements for stuff that is not droppable. When twink PK's can be potentially looted they are a great aspect of the low level PVP game. When they are not lootable they are a nuisance you simply avoid, AKA dumb.

It's fun to talk about all the options a fresh PVP server could employ. Right now we have the worst of both worlds ruleset that isn't classic at all so its a bit of a bummer.

And we've been having these conversations so long that I'm pretty burnt out.

But pvp doesn't need teams

Just needs wipe.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 05-20-2021 at 04:18 PM..
Old 05-20-2021, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Gustoo you imagine the awesomest rule sets! A month or two of crushbone / blackburrow pvp would be amazing.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-20-2021, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah just the whole server population at level 10 trying to gear up as best they can at that level, and killing each other while doing it.

Because its non traditional server maybe it's non item loot enabled and infinite PVP range teams server, and for each level cap there is a by person by guild and by team pvp tally so you can win each set of the PVP progression.

But really I would take any new pvp server ruleset its guaranteed fun for 1 year regardless of how fucked up the rules are.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PVP doesn't need teams. There is no way to keep them going well.

Teams could be fine for a while just like no teams. Eventually it all degenerates.

To me the whole game degenerates when everyone is suicide rushing to get to level 60.
I think teams could work in a more laid back environment. Like when everyone gets windows 98 computers and are pumped and excited to see the new simulation world game, because we finally have the technology for it.

When everyone is in a supreme competition maybe not.

If people could also hopefully some how get along more, like if the game was just released and new, to where people are more distracted on figuring the game out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also think item loot should be enabled on any PVP server with a PVP level range limit.
I also think that there should be no PVP level range limit on any non item loot server. This is not to allow level 60's to stomp level 1's but in order to allow level 60's to stomp level 15 twink PK's, which would actually not exist with no PVP level range limit.
I agree
Old 05-21-2021, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

Rogean already said soon, he cant stop talking about it. Just wait a few more years lol
Old 05-21-2021, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean already said soon, he cant stop talking about it. Just wait a few more years lol
He meant new discord server as in the gaming communication tool, duh.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-21-2021, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He meant new discord server as in the gaming communication tool, duh.
I was joking. Nilbog already confirmed on RoZ discord that a new red will most likely never happen.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. The trick ... as with any good PvP game ... is to not do it "free for all" (ie. Red-style). Instead, you need teams.

Imagine if you had two (or more) teams of boxing psychonerds warring against each other. A) to whatever extent the staff can't police the boxing, it will "even out" between the two sides, and B) with each team reporting each other's boxing (it would be a sport on such a server) you can imagine the amount of boxing would go down considerably.

This would fix all sorts of other problems with PvP, and this is why, if you look at any successful PvP MMOG, you always find teams. DaoC? 3 teams. WoW? 2 teams. SWG: 2 (3?) teams. Hell, even EVE (ostensibly "teamless") has a meta that forces people into teams (at least for all the significant PvP stuff).

PvP needs teams.
you've never seen what happens on a teams ruleset EQ PvP server, have you?
Closed Thread