Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember it taking about 2.5 hours per blue in 54 on live in 2001 during Velious. Of course we were exping at a tiny camp in Velks and probably killing like 15-20 mobs per hour in a group of 6 lol.

Anyone else remember a "camp" being literally 4-8 spawns? HHK had a group in each room in the goblin area killing a few spawns and I thought exp was insanely quick there.
HHK was for chumps, treants, even in a group, you would make a level an hour. That camp actually got me to keep playing, I was ready to quit till I saw the insanity of Treants exp an loot. Literally game changing. Even at the higher levels, 2-3 hours in the right zone and the right camp you could make half a level in the right group 50-60. Problem is the game was full of chumps, and now the chumps run the servers.
Last edited by NPC; 06-08-2021 at 10:06 PM..
Old 06-09-2021, 04:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killing a Spectre with 17th level paladin getting almost a full level per kill.
This shows you are bullshitting. First of all, no Paladin in Classic EQ was able to kill a Spectre at level 17. Secondly, exp was capped at 10% max for a single kill.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HHK was for chumps, treants, even in a group, you would make a level an hour. That camp actually got me to keep playing, I was ready to quit till I saw the insanity of Treants exp an loot. Literally game changing. Even at the higher levels, 2-3 hours in the right zone and the right camp you could make half a level in the right group 50-60. Problem is the game was full of chumps, and now the chumps run the servers.
No you couldn’t lol

Seems like this is a bigsham or recondojoe alt account, just making things up
Old 06-09-2021, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shows you are bullshitting. First of all, no Paladin in Classic EQ was able to kill a Spectre at level 17. Secondly, exp was capped at 10% max for a single kill.
Yah I smell serious BS there.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yah I smell serious BS there.
Since it's on the internet it must be true. Haha
Old 06-21-2021, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was Luclin era when I twinked the paladin, and he was buffed up the azz. When I was doing this I used 60th level wizard to soften up the Spectre, nuke it down very low, snare it, then log out and quickly log in my paladin. He could barely keep it from regen life an kill. Exp was not capped, he was getting half level per spec kill. I used Greater Light stone quest to 9th level instantly, cause you stopped getting exp around 9-10th level on LIVE. P99 you can go to 17-18th level with the greater Light stone quest. Pally soloed red orcs in Highpass till 17th, then he did specs till 33rd level then moved on to Luclin spawns doing the same. My pally on LIVE hit 50th level in like 3 days

I originally played Wizard in classic, I made 40th level in less than a month when I first started playing, FYI. Treants were insane exp on Live, went from 22nd level(grouped) to 32nd(Solo) in less than a week. But on LIVE Treants would only take you to 32nd level, then exp stopped. On P99 I stayed at Treants to 39th level but made 1/4 exp per kill I made on LIVE, the exp tables on P99 way off. Exp seemed to spike much more on LIVE depending on mob level compared to your own, where P99 its lower exp but it can drag on for twice as many levels. Treants go to 28th level max but my wizard was getting exp on P99 till 39th level, that should not be. I should not be getting exp after 33rd level off a 28th level mob, but on lower levels you should be getting more exp over all. Their formula is wrong, I was never able to stay at a camp on LIVE for 19 levels, I think everyone can agree on that.
Last edited by NPC; 06-21-2021 at 10:05 PM..
Old 06-21-2021, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

Basically on LIVE even level mobs would give you more exp than on P99, but that mob would stop giving you exp if you are 5 level over its level. On P99 you get less exp for even level mobs but you can keep killing those same mobs for 10 levels or so. On LIVE this forced players to keep exploring for new hunting grounds, which I remember vividly needing to keep looking for new spots. P99 is watering down the old school feel.
Last edited by NPC; 06-21-2021 at 10:20 PM..
Old 06-22-2021, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Basically on LIVE even level mobs would give you more exp than on P99, but that mob would stop giving you exp if you are 5 level over its level. On P99 you get less exp for even level mobs but you can keep killing those same mobs for 10 levels or so. On LIVE this forced players to keep exploring for new hunting grounds, which I remember vividly needing to keep looking for new spots. P99 is watering down the old school feel.
Sounds like you should go play on a different server
Closed Thread