Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 11:58 PM
Banned

+1 for rolling at the start of the window, angry is the absolute worst. One of the first things sony did after luclin dropped was drastically reduce the respawn timers of a ton of quest mobs like angry because they were completely unreasonable.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:13 AM
Fire Giant

Those who reject this idea are just sour that they had to sock for a chance to roll. They shouldn't be - since they have the world's time to do the socking that most people can't.

Actually they should feel lucky to have all these hours available - with no real goals in life and non-career worthy jobs.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those who reject this idea are just sour that they had to sock for a chance to roll. They shouldn't be - since they have the world's time to do the socking that most people can't.

Actually they should feel lucky to have all these hours available - with no real goals in life and non-career worthy jobs.
i won the roll on a quake vs 1 other person

and i think keep it how it is if you don't want to play classic EQ go play live or TLP. This server is already unclassic enough
Old 06-17-2021, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i won the roll on a quake vs 1 other person

and i think keep it how it is if you don't want to play classic EQ go play live or TLP. This server is already unclassic enough
This scenario is not going to change anything that I'm proposing. "Upon a Quake / Server Respawn, a roll will be conducted at the next XX:XX minute mark server time"

Ring 8 roll, Scout roll, and RW roll 3/4th's of time are all not classic yet benefit the staff and players on p99 by reducing petitions and player sock time. More importantly, it essentially manages a poorly thought out game mechanic in an era that is time locked. Granted, no one petitions the current player made agreement for angry so the staff have no skin in this current proposal, yet the principle remains the same for the player base.

Your "unclassic" stance has no ground to stand on based upon the history and decisions already made on this server by the staff and players. This proposal will not fundamentally change the game in any way.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

i'd agree if-
a) the penalty for not updating the wiki with the turn-in time is to strip the winner of whatever items they created after they won (ring, ring+cords)
b) AG is somehow coded to eat the turn-in for 15/30 minutes after spawning for anyone that didn't win that day's roll
c) only one turn-in per character

otherwise the proposed agreement is effectively creating a low-barrier cash cow where each roll's turnout will be 2-5x as large as the current turnouts and there is real disincentive for sharing the timer.

without strict terms, i'd also question whether or not your average first time ring quester actually saves any time at all, as now they're rolling against 100+ people 8ish-times per month (assuming they stop what they're doing irl/ig and show up for every roll) for their chance to win. so instead of them getting a ring within three months, it's now requiring them to roll for an entire year before the odds land in their favor.

alternatively- you can just leave the agreement as-is. it currently causes minimal grief for the staff and maintains the classic nature of the camp, while discouraging people from doing it more than once per character.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:38 AM
Sarnak

How are you going to stop or police having a whole bunch of people turn up to the roll and all rand for their one guildmate who is doing the quest?

Jomar's point is actually good.

Quote:
c) only one turn-in per character

otherwise the proposed agreement is effectively creating a low-barrier cash cow where each roll's turnout will be 2-5x as large as the current turnouts and there is real disincentive for sharing the timer.
You will get a lot more people doing the quest multiple times for MQ sales, as it will simply be a few mins to hammer and run over for the roll. So you will now be rolling against many more people.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:08 AM
Banned

These are valid points and I'm glad they have been brought up.

Limiting one turn in per character isn't feasible for those that complete the SWC quest line and lose their balz ring and want to replace it. Limiting to two turn in's per character, perhaps?

@pootle - The winner of the roll must turn in the report to skargus (in addition to bringing your own kill team upon spawn/turn in, MQ'ers will have to share the plat and this will act as a further deterrent).

As far as updating the wiki, several people have mentioned that this may be the easiest point of failure in my proposal and I agree. Instead, I'd recommend updating in p99 blue discord the turn in / ToD. This allows the community to self-police in near real time in addition to providing a log of the winners to prevent mq cash farmers from proliferating. This will also provide accountability of the winners of the roll towards the 2 win limit per character.

Any punishment for non-compliance would fall upon CSR, just as any violation of player made agreements do now.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Limiting one turn in per character isn't feasible for those that complete the SWC quest line and lose their balz ring and want to replace it. Limiting to two turn in's per character, perhaps?
Protip: You don't lose the ring when you turn in.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Spirit_Wracked_Cord_Quest

Last line: You'll receive the Ring back as well as the Spirit Wracked Cord.

The people who have lost their rings are people who have sold their ring in an MQ. If you're implying that MQers should not be able to sell this ring then more than one angry goblin per person should not be necessary. Otherwise, sellers should be able to kill and MQ angry goblin as many times as they please.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Protip: You don't lose the ring when you turn in.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Spirit_Wracked_Cord_Quest

Last line: You'll receive the Ring back as well as the Spirit Wracked Cord.

The people who have lost their rings are people who have sold their ring in an MQ. If you're implying that MQers should not be able to sell this ring then more than one angry goblin per person should not be necessary. Otherwise, sellers should be able to kill and MQ angry goblin as many times as they please.
Daaaamn. Mic Drop. What happened to your ring, OP?
Old 06-18-2021, 03:20 PM
Banned

I bought a swc mq. Never had a ring.

Fine by me, 1 person per toon limit.
Closed Thread