Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
25k is a low grade twink. 100k+ is typical if you go Fungi in your melee build. But you really don’t need much if your a competent player although the regen does help.
The regen IMO helps a lot more prior to you gaining your first set of healing spells (or song in Bard's case) and then gradually wanes as your HP and enemy damage scale higher and higher. I'd say by 20 or so, unless you're a pure melee class that relies on bandages or something, Fungi is only a small boon by then.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

I cant stop thinking about my ranger.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant stop thinking about my ranger.
My Rangers name is Ripandtear. I wonder if you can guess what his surname will be. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2021, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Though Paineel seems a bit more crowded than usual these days, so maybe the secrets out regarding what a goldmine this place is for money, especially considering it's close to a major city, is a safe haven for evil characters and one can easily work up the rep to get inside and never have to worry about being KoS.
Paineel guards hasn't been a secret since probably 2010. If I remember correctly it used to be easier to get the key and the exp mod was higher in the early years(?). Back in 2010/2011 there was always at least one person solo'n there on either side of the first portal. It's just not one of the best options for speed leveling or making money. It works for the loners that don't mind leveling slowly and making a little cash along the way. Players can't really say they are there because they 'don't want to level too fast and want to experience classic Everquest' when they stay there for 30 levels haha.

I like making alts and just throwing trash gear on them. That's fun because you still have upgrades to look forward to. I've leveled multiple toons that way to 50+ and can't say I remember anyone even inspecting me or questioning my out of era gear. As it mostly was in classic, I consider pre-gearing a toon at all twinking if it's better than you would have by natural progression. I consider high end twinking super-twinking.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Rangers name is Ripandtear. I wonder if you can guess what his surname will be. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
names that form phrases are against the rules and the spirit of the game

hopefully the GMs change your name to something more appropriate to the everquest universe, like 'Jakerbotik'
Old 06-18-2021, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhairava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
names that form phrases are against the rules and the spirit of the game

hopefully the GMs change your name to something more appropriate to the everquest universe, like 'Jakerbotik'
I wanted something other than just some generic fantasy name that looks randomized. I'm not roleplaying here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synphul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paineel guards hasn't been a secret since probably 2010. If I remember correctly it used to be easier to get the key and the exp mod was higher in the early years(?). Back in 2010/2011 there was always at least one person solo'n there on either side of the first portal. It's just not one of the best options for speed leveling or making money. It works for the loners that don't mind leveling slowly and making a little cash along the way. Players can't really say they are there because they 'don't want to level too fast and want to experience classic Everquest' when they stay there for 30 levels haha.

I like making alts and just throwing trash gear on them. That's fun because you still have upgrades to look forward to. I've leveled multiple toons that way to 50+ and can't say I remember anyone even inspecting me or questioning my out of era gear. As it mostly was in classic, I consider pre-gearing a toon at all twinking if it's better than you would have by natural progression. I consider high end twinking super-twinking.
I like Paineel because I can semi-afk while grinding here. I can kill whatever guards I'm camping, play another game for 20 minutes while I med and wait for respawns, rinse and repeat, selling and banking as needed. My PS4 is literally three feet from my laptop, so I can do some PvP in Dark Souls 3 while waiting out the timer and still being at my keyboard.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 06-18-2021 at 03:18 PM..
Old 06-18-2021, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I wanted something other than just some generic fantasy name that looks randomized. I'm not roleplaying here.
oh, i guess that means you dont have to follow the rules and can ruin immersion for other players.

GMs, you know what to do
Old 06-18-2021, 03:25 PM
Kobold

you are roleplaying anyway, a contrived personality playing a video game is playing a role as well.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The regen IMO helps a lot more prior to you gaining your first set of healing spells (or song in Bard's case) and then gradually wanes as your HP and enemy damage scale higher and higher. I'd say by 20 or so, unless you're a pure melee class that relies on bandages or something, Fungi is only a small boon by then.
I take this back actually. I thought fungi tunic capped at 5HP/Tick. it's actually 15. That's pretty significant even into your 30s, especially on a character that often has to just sit and wait. That item alone is probably what makes soloing as a warrior even feasible (though I figure, since most Paineel respawns are 12-24 minutes, that's still doable for a solo Warrior that has to sit and wait anyway).
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 06-18-2021 at 03:57 PM..
Old 06-18-2021, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Don't use lamentations on a ranger, dual wielding is so awful until 50+.

Get silver swiftblade 1-20 and then woodsman's staff or some high ratio velious 2hander for 20-50
Closed Thread