Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

I went the 2h only route for my rp ranger.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Naeth
Old 06-18-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

My wishlist is dual lammies for 50-epics, is that ok?

I Just like the look of dual lammies and thought no procs is also kinda good for a non tank? idk.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't use lamentations on a ranger, dual wielding is so awful until 50+.

Get silver swiftblade 1-20 and then woodsman's staff or some high ratio velious 2hander for 20-50
Everyone tells me that but I'm a Lammy fanboy, to an unrealistic degree. Lightning fast and with Str, Sta and HP. They look sweet too.

Lammies are my placeholder until Swiftwind and Earthcaller (and yes, I know Earthcaller is a pricy one, hence I'm hoping to raise enough plat by the time I hit...maybe 53, the first double hell level, to afford the MQ).

I two-hand on a Pally/SK, maybe a Monk too, but on a Ranger I want to dual-wield and swing like a monkey.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 06-18-2021 at 04:23 PM..
Old 06-18-2021, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone tells me that but I'm a Lammy fanboy, to an unrealistic degree. Lightning fast and with Str, Sta and HP.

I two-hand on a Pally/SK, maybe a Monk too, but on a Ranger I want to dual-wield and swing like a monkey.
that's cool as long as you know and are doing it for style lol
Old 06-18-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's cool as long as you know and are doing it for style lol
From 45 on the melee might take a backseat in favor of root rooting with my bow and infinite arrows via Tolan's Bracer, and DoT from Drones of Doom and Immolation.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From 45 on the melee might take a backseat in favor of root rooting with my bow and infinite arrows via Tolan's Bracer, and DoT from Drones of Doom and Immolation.
This is a viable but painful way to kill stuff. With bow damage the way it is you'll find that it takes ridiculous numbers of arrows and bow shots to pull this off. Which means long periods of time just standing there plinking and then sitting there clicking your tolans bracer (not meditating) after its dead. Also you don't get immolate til 49 and drones of doom til 54. Also before ensnaring roots at 49, your root (grasping) lasts like 30 seconds.

Don't get me wrong, rangers are my favorite class to play. I found that in the 50's I'd use my dots and bow woven with med ticks to get things down to like 66-75%, however low they had to be before I could melee them down without needing to step away to heal. I just never found high level ranger soloing anything other than painful.
Last edited by Lune; 06-18-2021 at 04:44 PM..
Old 06-18-2021, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Definitely for the healing portion of the fight at least now that we learned about root and arrows being the work around for stun, or I did hehe.

Wish ranged attack was auto attack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2021, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely for the healing portion of the fight at least now that we learned about root and arrows being the work around for stun, or I did hehe.

Wish ranged attack was auto attack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't work like that. Stuff will heal itself if it can see you, not only if you're in melee range. Unless this was changed in the last couple months.
Old 06-18-2021, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is a viable but painful way to kill stuff. With bow damage the way it is you'll find that it takes ridiculous numbers of arrows and bow shots to pull this off. Which means long periods of time just standing there plinking and then sitting there clicking your tolans bracer (not meditating) after its dead. Also you don't get immolate til 49 and drones of doom til 54. Also before ensnaring roots at 49, your root (grasping) lasts like 30 seconds.

Don't get me wrong, rangers are my favorite class to play. I found that in the 50's I'd use my dots and bow woven with med ticks to get things down to like 66-75%, however low they had to be before I could melee them down without needing to step away to heal. I just never found high level ranger soloing anything other than painful.
Considering how stupidly underconned giants tend to be (melee a blue conned frost giant while being overgeared and get my ass wiped, the f*** is this s***?), it might be my only way to kill frost giants, at least the ones that drop Velious armor pieces outside of Kael (if any outside Kael in EW even can).
Old 06-18-2021, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It doesn't work like that. Stuff will heal itself if it can see you, not only if you're in melee range. Unless this was changed in the last couple months.
Man nothing but let downs for me today lol
Closed Thread