Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Shiny_Silk_Gloves drop off a level 12 spider in LFaydark. Making your hands magic is a pretty big deal at that level and the +5 hp are a bonus. Likewise, in the same vein, if you haven't gotten the earrings and rings from Qeynos Catacombs, those are an easy pickup and an addition 20hp total.

Silk Armor and Raw Silk Armor are fairly easy to tradeskill, the trick is farming the silks. You can level and farm silks in NRo off the spiders there until like level 17.

At around level 21, you can safely solo the Pit Fighters in Warrens to get yourself some magic feet which are also pretty critical for a monk. There's also a magic 1hb you can pick up there, http://wiki.project1999.com/Ye_Auld_Ball_Peen_Hammer but it's pretty lousy for the level compared to your fists. It is useful to skill up 1hb though.

Do a little baking, it's cheap to do and you can get some +stat foods right away, plus it's novel and fun. Bear meats give you +str, Wolves get you +Sta.

If you group in Crushbone you can get yourself some Bracers of Battle and a Prayer Cloth of Tunare. Free some High Elf Male Slaves there and you can quest some +2 Str Rings.

Once you have magic fists, you can farm wisps and make a lot of plat from the Research Aid quest in NK and use the plat to skill up blacksmithing to make Javelins, which will make life a lot better for you.

You can farm Shralok Packs in a level or two in Kithicor, which are a big deal for a monk too.

At around level 18, you can get a http://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar_Berserker_Club from Kurn's, but it's kind of a pain in the butt to get there and back. Definitely worth it though as it's the best non-twink weapon you can get for quite a while after that.

That's about all I can think of for things around that level. There's a bit more you can do once you get to your 20's and 30's. Good luck!
Last edited by Ravager; 10-27-2018 at 12:51 PM..
Old 10-27-2018, 01:38 PM
Orc

Great post! I think I'll hit the sewers for that jewelry. I didn't know that having magic gloves would make my fists magic, so now I'm lamenting that I didn't happen to find a pair of woven gloves.

Right now I'm in Qeynos so getting spider silk will have to wait, but these are some good leads. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2018, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

There are no such thing as netted/woven/mesh boots. The rest of the set is solid though.

Fill your visible slots (except chest) with bristlesilk from cabilis; it has monk texture to make you look better geared than you really are.

Crystalline silk is cheap in absence of anything better, often vendor purchasable from thurgadin. People will let you take crystalline silk for free from velks. Most people passing through thurgadin are trades killers and will do the combine for free. Similar AC to mesh but also +Mr. Sadly not magic.
Closed Thread