Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Question How should my gear look at 56, heading into 60?

So I recently dinged 56, and my moderatly priced twink gear is starting to show its age. I have 145 STR atm, so my epic fists don’t hit terribly hard. Right now, my gear is mostly a mix of kunark-era twink gear, black pantherskin leather, my shackle of steel, epic, and an SoS in my offhand. What are some good preraid pieces I can pick up in tunnel that won’t break my bankalt, and get my STR and STA up towards 200? At 60, I plan to be trained in as a puller for <Aftermath>, so STA and HP >> STR and damage stats. Also, I have the haste belt from sky, and my Robe of the Whistling Fists, so I’m not in dire need of a haste item.

If there’s a table or something out there, please link it here. Thank you for your help.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Bracer/s of benevolence will go a long way(good luck btw) and also the back/bracer monk item from sky is a pretty ok bracer too. +6 talisman if you don't have one yet, 6ac65hp rings / MR (or all resist) rings to switch to. Not sure what you have for a claok but the dire wolf hide cloak from kael is decent for a monk. Orc fang earrings are STR hp. Thats what i came up with off top of my head for now
Old 10-27-2018, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

If you’re pulling, you’ll want MR. EoE and Vindi Earring or Living Thunder will go a long way for those slots, not many better options.

BoBs are a must have. If you can buy a Statue wrist, more power to you.

Strength of the Elements is a huge pickup if you can get the timer. It not, I use Poisoned Mantle off Trak - great stats if you can handle the -15 PR.

Shroud of the Dar Brood drops off Zlandicar 100% of the time, lots of total value for the difficulty involved. Probably purchasable (I play on Red, I know nothing about the Blue economy).

Ring 9 should be attainable, great stats and not hard to solo most of. Djarns ring as well.

What helm are you using? TCrown?
What boots?

Make a Magelo and link it so we can pore over the individual slots and provide alternatives.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 10-28-2018, 03:28 AM
Banned

I'm sure the guild you are applying for would be able to give you the answers you seek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2018, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure the guild you are applying for would be able to give you the answers you seek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-29-2018, 04:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 10-29-2018, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

You sound like a good player. It’s a shame what your guild options are. Hope AM works out for you, but you should seriously just opt out of P99 raiding. It is not healthy, nor is it Everquest.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Banned

Link your gear via a Magelo and I’d love to help out or feel free to send me a PM in game on zipity / ziptank and you can link your slots and I’ll take a look as well !
Old 10-29-2018, 09:28 PM
Sarnak

Oh, don’t misunderstand, I’m a full member of Aftermath. I raid with my 60 CLR, who most definitely has a good thing going on with them. My MNK is simply my First Alt, and pulling is where the real excitement of raiding lies.

Never really got into Magelo, doesn’t p99 have it’s own version of it? How do you go about setting it up?
Old 10-29-2018, 09:39 PM
Kobold

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo