Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Constant Disconnect

Over the past week every time I log onto any character, after about 30 seconds of moving around and playing in game, the latency will drop from 100% to 0 and give me the message you have been disconnected, then send me back to the character select screen. I've tried reinstalling and replacing the files in the game folder, but that hasn't helped. Doesn't matter which character or where they are at, just continual disconnects. Please help.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Try connecting via a different method - hotspot or vpn. For connectivity issues it's usually something on your ISP's side so ruling that out first can save you a lot of headache.

-Mcoy
Old 07-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

When switching to a mobile hotspot, I encountered no problems and was able to play just fine. Then switching back to the regular internet through the isp, I encounter the same problem of going link dead and being kicked back to char select or login.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Figured as much - it's a routing issue on your ISPs side. These usually go away by themselves after a day or a week once they realize there's an issue. You can try contacting them, but getting past the first couple tiers generally takes longer than just waiting it out and using a hotspot/vpn in the meantime. Fortunately, EQs data usage is minimal.

-Mcoy