Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its all BS. Any old geezer about to die who tests positive for COVID19 is a COVID19 death. Nonsense. My mom died recently she had cancer heart problems and 3 or 4 other issues, they never could tell me what she died from. And I am expected to believe them now? Sure
You're preaching to the choir here. Between my dad, mom, step mom and mother-in-law there's over a dozen issues between them. If any of them contract covid-19 it'll do them in. I'm in the very early stages of a few health issues that will need to be managed for the rest of my life. If I catch this thing it'll kick me square in the nads.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

George Washington Carver, his parents slaves, was abducted along with his mother and sister by slave raiders and sold off. A family friend(?) actually tracked him down but failed to locate the others. Raised in Kansas, he studied the surrounding plants extensively by hand and would go on to earn a full scholarship only to be denied entry later upon arriving at the college, due to his skin color.

In 1948, Nat King Cole bought a house in the all-white Hancock Park development, central LA. His neighbors, some of them reported to have been members of the KKK, sued to block the purchase and, when those efforts failed, eventually burned a cross and racial slurs on his front lawn. Their family dog also died around the same time, from poisoning.

R.L. Burnside
https://www.westword.com/music/still-burning-5059806

Quote:
APRIL 22, 1999 The harshness of this schedule was exacerbated only by the bigotry that was part and parcel of living in the Mississippi Delta. "Yeah, racism was just an everyday thing," notes Burnside, who currently resides near the Mississippi community of Holly Springs.

Since the children of plantation workers were required to begin toiling alongside their parents by the time they were eight or nine, Burnside didn't get much traditional schooling, but his education in the blues was second to none.
Of course there are other historical, non-black examples as well. Italian and Irish immigrants suffered mistreatment not so long ago in America's past and this is true, even now, among the Appalachians and American Indians. But in mentioning them, other more specific examples come to mind which were subject to different forms of discrimination. Alan Turing, homosexual. Adhara Perez, autist.

As is often the case, most people are not exactly candidates for sainthood, but that is besides the point. It does not seem at all controversial to suggest that the human race stands to gain much, and lose nothing, by ridding itself of long-held prejudices. A person or group of people cannot conceivably take on all of the prejudice that exists in the world however, just as an epidemiologist or team of researchers cannot develop a cure-all for every disease known to man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In todays political climate if there's a clear leader then it's easy to point to a figurehead and say "those are the policies this group supports." BLM doesn't really have this, except for when ultra conservaties will point to their "leaders" being trained marxists or something. The "movement" is difficult to criticize at the moment, because it's not really clear what policies they support. At the same time the organization will lack direction due to leadership.
Fair point. While movements are not to be confused with mobs, mob mentality can take over in the absence of leadership. Still, it should come as no surprise that there would be no singular, immediately identifiable figure guiding the movement considering what happened to those who previously took the leadership role upon themselves. A tall tree attracts wind.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're preaching to the choir here. Between my dad, mom, step mom and mother-in-law there's over a dozen issues between them. If any of them contract covid-19 it'll do them in. I'm in the very early stages of a few health issues that will need to be managed for the rest of my life. If I catch this thing it'll kick me square in the nads.
Everyone will get covid

EVERYONE

there is no cure coming, even if a vaccine was done tomorrow we dont have a million medical grade vials let alone 400 million or a way to distribute it

people are so in the dark here
Old 07-12-2020, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure how you came up with this number but what the hell.

Currently about 1% of the USA has been infected; 3,242,073 out of 328,200,000. Of that 3.2M about 135k have died; or about 4%. I'm not following other countries (except New Zeland simply because they haven't had a recorded covid-19 case in over a month).

In order for the USA to loose 10% that means 32.28 million people will need to die to this thing. Yea, I don't see that happening. Considering the world population is just shy of 8 billion does that mean you're really expecting 800,000,000 people to die to this thing?

Sorry, the sniff test doesn't agree with you.

Oh:
Idaho, US
Population: 1,787,000
Confirmed: 9,929 (0.55%)
Deaths: 101
Recovered: 3,066
Active: 6,762

Wyoming, US
Population: 578,759
Confirmed: 1,839 (0.3%)
Deaths: 21
Recovered: 1,361
Active: 457
What?

Florida has a 33% infection rate thats 1 in 3, and most people have not been tested

infection rate in major cities is 50%
Old 07-12-2020, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What?

Florida has a 33% infection rate thats 1 in 3, and most people have not been tested

infection rate in major cities is 50%
Where are you getting these absurd numbers from? The global warming hucksters dipping into a new racket?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cans-by-state/
Old 07-12-2020, 03:18 PM
Banned

Friday / Saturday local news here in florida

12k cases on sat 10k friday and averaging 10k per day
Old 07-12-2020, 04:15 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haenne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So all lives matter is a no go because if someone (white, yellow, brown, red, etc) was eg convicted for raping a kid you couldn't care less about his/her (PC?) life. Fair enough. Maybe i missed it but are you implying blacks are unable to fall into that category ? And if a black is a pedophile, just one, will you stop saying black lives matter just the same way you can't allow yourself to say all lives matter ?

Perhaps you should stop acting like a victim and blame everything negative in life being a cause of the white man. Everyone has hardships in life. If there was a white supremacy and real racism in the US, no white person would live in poverty and no black person would get anywhere. But what a surprise, there's plenty of government positions held by democratic blacks. Do they care about their people tho ? For some reason the states and cities held the longest by democrats are also the most crime infested and biggest shitholes you could possibly live in.
Care to explain that ? And why you still feel like democrats are your allies ?
Also, if a simple humanitarian statement like "All lives matter" makes you angry and triggered, you should seriously seek medical help. Something is wrong in your brain. If only black lives matter, you're not better then Hitler.
I'm not 'acting like a victim', nor am I claiming to be a victim. I am simply stating I would not judge a black man by his skin color and rather the actions he has done.

Additionally, I did not mention democrats are my allies, *You*, however, have stated that. I personally think the two-party divisiveness in the US is a cancer that needs to go away - forever. PACs determine the opinion of each party and anything short of what they believe in outcasts you from them.

What is the party for those who believe in anti-discrimination laws, separation of church and state (which would INCLUDE separating the concept marriage from the state which means *all* marriage would be invalidated), pro-abortion, pro-2nd amendment, keeping the concept of local, state and federal separation, and ability to have representatives to choose from that aren't just from two parties that may differ from one of those ideals?

There is no 'political party' for someone who has their own opinions, and that's a problem. We pick between the lesser of 2 evils instead of our ideal candidate. We say things like "banning PACs would work", but we all know that's not true - if history has told us anything, doing so will not matter.

Republican, democrats, they're all the same shitheads under different names with slightly different opinions on issues that may not even be problems to the people they are serving. They peddle agendas for their own interests and power, all behind the guise of the rule of law. It's systematically broken and the best part is you all *believe* these people that are part of <party name here> are in your interest and not their own.

Regarding the "Black Lives Matter" statement, I never claimed that 'Only Black Lives Matter', quite the opposite. This is not a matter of political theatrics or putting one life above another, but instead of basic literary comprehension of the words you are stating.

I have no political affiliation except the interest of seeing the human race enjoy itself in harmony. Hence why I spent 16 years of my life preserving a game I used to play so that people like you would have the chance of enjoying this game in its many forms.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Last edited by Secrets; 07-12-2020 at 04:18 PM..
Old 07-12-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyLich666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It definitely does seem like we seem to be headed toward a brave new world/1984 hybrid. It’s some weird shit.
There's more dystopias than four - it's a veritable feast if you let your imagination go.

Still if one is going to assign a reasonable probability to all possible dystopian futures, I think it's Post-Nuclear Holocaust Society 90% and everything else put together 10%. North Korea might nuke South Korea. We might have to nuke North Korea. China might nuke us. India could nuke China. Pakistan might nuke India. Russia could nuke like eight different people. The we nuke whoever is left, Great Britain and France for sure, also Iran. I'm assuming Israel nukes the entire Middle East and also Berlin for good measure and then nukes themselves.

If anything you're going to be scavenging gasoline in the wasteland. That's the most probable future. It won't matter if you're woke or what your definition of racist is because your life is going to be Fallout 1,2, and 3 (Not 4 of course because it sucked and also Boston sucks, go Yankees!)

Or if you're on a budget, Damnation Alley by Roger Zelazny.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not 'acting like a victim', nor am I claiming to be a victim. I am simply stating I would not judge a black man by his skin color and rather the actions he has done.

Additionally, I did not mention democrats are my allies, *You*, however, have stated that. I personally think the two-party divisiveness in the US is a cancer that needs to go away - forever. PACs determine the opinion of each party and anything short of what they believe in outcasts you from them.

What is the party for those who believe in anti-discrimination laws, separation of church and state (which would INCLUDE separating the concept marriage from the state which means *all* marriage would be invalidated), pro-abortion, pro-2nd amendment, keeping the concept of local, state and federal separation, and ability to have representatives to choose from that aren't just from two parties that may differ from one of those ideals?

There is no 'political party' for someone who has their own opinions, and that's a problem. We pick between the lesser of 2 evils instead of our ideal candidate. We say things like "banning PACs would work", but we all know that's not true - if history has told us anything, doing so will not matter.

Republican, democrats, they're all the same shitheads under different names with slightly different opinions on issues that may not even be problems to the people they are serving. They peddle agendas for their own interests and power, all behind the guise of the rule of law. It's systematically broken and the best part is you all *believe* these people that are part of <party name here> are in your interest and not their own.

Regarding the "Black Lives Matter" statement, I never claimed that 'Only Black Lives Matter', quite the opposite. This is not a matter of political theatrics or putting one life above another, but instead of basic literary comprehension of the words you are stating.

I have no political affiliation except the interest of seeing the human race enjoy itself in harmony. Hence why I spent 16 years of my life preserving a game I used to play so that people like you would have the chance of enjoying this game in its many forms.
Have u ever voted third party?

Also a marriage ban sounds perfect in text but ohhh boy would you get your head chopped off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Kobold

These boards are amazing. Every time I come here I get to witness another living monument to autism.
Closed Thread