Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 12:46 AM
Kobold

Default starting out

I made a few guys on Red for the first time this week, got to leveling, and received some plat from 2 helpful people. Also passed on half of what I had left after buying spells to another person starting out.
I even got a little taste of pvp when someone thought it would be awesome to chain stun my ass on their twinked cleric while i was whacking mobs. They never did really try to kill me, but it did get my adrenaline pumping.
On another front... on two separate occasions, in two different zones, a group of people appeared right on top of me, like they had the ability to port directly to someone by name. There's no such thing right? just a weird coincidence? twice??.... I have been paranoid about /whoing the shit out of the zones i'm in if i have more that a few plat on me... so i know they did not zone in, and track me down through normal means. And no, wasn't on the Succor/Egress point for the zones either time.
SO...
1) north freeport bank for most commerce?
2) no zone is safe ever from pvp?
3) griefing people by training them with mobs, or dispelling mobs they are fighting, not allowed?
Old 07-12-2020, 02:18 AM
Kobold

Adron!

Welcome my dude!

I don't play here anymore, i'm playing Archeage Unchained right now, because it's the closest thing to everquest pvp, however; when you said your adrenaline got pumping, reminded me of my first time in everquest playing on rallos zek (pvp).

Yes, every zone is pvp enabled, you are not safe anywhere.

Training, im not sure is allowed on Project 1999 red, but it was also not allowed in classic everquest (however it was rarely enforced).

North Freeport is the trading area so to speak on red 99, but most deals are done at the buyers and sellers arrangement.

If you LOVE everquest, and havn't played as much as I have (probably over 2 years played time), then im sure red 99 will be fun for you, be aware that this server has never been wiped, and there are people from 2011 when the server came out, who do NOTHING but neckbeard the fuck out of this server and horde items plat lewt RMT etc.etc. You WILL have fun, but you will never be competitive if you reach level 60 for a long, long long, time possibly the server will HOPEFULLY be wiped before then.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On another front... on two separate occasions, in two different zones, a group of people appeared right on top of me, like they had the ability to port directly to someone by name.
This is a zoning bug that has been around for a long time. They aren't near you, but they did just zone in. One benefit to this bug is it allows you to target them real fast and see if they are within range.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 07-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Have fun but beware of players who log in twinked and if they see you in the same zone will come looking for ya! Lol. Necromancer's are good vs those kinds cause poison resist is rarer.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 07-13-2020, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

These new player trolls never get old lol
Old 07-13-2020, 07:55 PM
Banned

inb4drugposts
Old 07-14-2020, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

New players threads are the best...
Old 07-17-2020, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

Put /who in its own text window.
Bind /who to forward and backward movement keys.

Lots of things not allowed on red but happen anyway.
Server is pretty chill save a few ancient blood feuds between server elders.

You might be seeing the last spawn bug,
When someone new enters a zone, they are sometimes rendered on the past mob that spawned in the zone. then they go away after a few seconds
So, say you are clearing a camp on sisters in lfay, you will often see people appear on one your are fighting then vanish.

Most players already know where you will be when they enter the zone and can be swords up your ass before you know it.

Also no one wants your 5 plat that you have struggled to make.
They want the sweat and tears you gave making it.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:54 PM
Banned

single player everquest
Old 07-18-2020, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
single player everquest
I'm sorry none will play with you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread