Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Why we're playing here on P99

This video hits the nail on the head analyzing the reasons that push people to play on P99 and such.
Thought I'd share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juR8h1htw5k

inb4 didnt clack
Old 07-11-2020, 05:53 PM
Banned

didn’t click
Old 07-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Banned

whats the second game he is playing?
Old 07-11-2020, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

I have a few reasons for playing EQ on P99.
First: it's the first computer game I played. I started right about the time Kunark came out. Not sure if it was before or after.
Second: it's free. I'm a cheep old guy and if I can get my gaming hit for nothing, I'm taking it.
Third: I quit The Q because WoW was supposed to be the best thing, until DAOC, then back to Q and then to others. On some games I would only use drops and quest gear. I could still solo two elites at my level. that's just sad. Then if you perished in the battle, there was no penalty. You didn't loose your gear or exp. Way too easy. So it's back to The Q.
Fourth: shoot, there has to be a fourth huh? Let see. OH, I like to read a lot, and the down time between mobs while I regen health and mana gives me time to read a page or two.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats the second game he is playing?
Neverwinter
Old 07-12-2020, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This video hits the nail on the head analyzing the reasons that push people to play on P99 and such.
Thought I'd share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juR8h1htw5k

inb4 didnt clack
good video. I think the 2 points he brings up about convenience and player interaction are certainly the most important, However, things have changed a lot in the past 21 years.

You see, the internet has changed so much of how people do things. Back when EQ first came out, my computer could barely handle the game, and there was no alt tab to desktop. This meant that I had to play in a world that I knew very little about, and the other players knew very little as well. Now if I am stuck on the most miniscule of tasks, rather than trying to figure it out, I have my 2nd monitor up and searching for whatever I need to do.

It is sad how game developers have lost sight of what really makes a good mmorpg good. I remember playing WOW about 5 years ago and it really did feel like a world full of lonely people. Instancing and linear dungeons have really made for a ride-along type experience.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Everquest captures starkinds imagination while starkind forms in the SAEZ.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:56 PM
Banned

Mmos are dying because theres nothing to discover, everyone is a crappy player, everything is too easy or one shot mechanics, no new real content just recycled crap and stupid looking armor / weapons

also 90% of playerbase of all games are toxic stay at home sons with no life goals who are mentally ill
Old 07-12-2020, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

i play on p99 because i would like to have a physical relationship and consider this my last hope

i can be any avatar you like

swipe right if you agree
Closed Thread