Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Based upon the beta change log below, what would be considered a bug on the server versus working as intended?:
https://eqpvp.com/index.php/topic,5961.0.html
2. item loot
3. teams
4. egg shaped pumice
5. racial faction loss
6. removal of exp loss on pvp death
7. pvp text (i like orange)
Old 01-18-2018, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravelle1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the consensus on what players would want in a new server?
I've been considering hosting a permadeath, full item drop server with modded abilities to balance classes as needed.
Leveling would be relatively fast and capped at 40 or 50.

Do players generally strive for the classic eq pvp servers? Or willing to stray a bit.
Posted this at least 10 times here

- No xp loss
- Item loss (1)
- No loot sets to offset item loss harshness (where the sets are average and the best gear stays droppable) The halloween event of 2001 is a good template for both event and no drop loots. Maybe a starter set, mid 20s early 30s set and end game set.
- Less focus on duel type events and instead events which players can fight over, organically (again halloween 2001 is a good template)
- If you have to have yellow text, no location disclosed
Old 01-18-2018, 01:28 PM
Banned

Also, reading Nilbog's shopping list on top of mine, my main gripe with teams was always: what do you do when one side starts winning heavily? Ive never read a satisfactory answer to that. People get tired of losing and reroll on the winning side making things worse? Thats already what happens a bit on FFA but on teams its hardcoded.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:34 PM
Kobold

massive amounts of people quit because the server launched as a completely broken (rogean custom all range system) that was abused to hell to grief low levels, no NPC assist, and it was laggy as FUCK for the first few MONTHS... I mean horrible....

that was why it needed to be wiped like 4 months after its own launch, people unfamiliar with the project had a very poor perception of the project 1999 server quality who werent already familair with the blue server

and the RESISTS were so bad my fuckin god mang i swear to god druids were god mode, they could land anything
Last edited by Kaino; 01-18-2018 at 01:39 PM..
Old 01-18-2018, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
massive amounts of people quit because the server launched as a completely broken (rogean custom all range system) that was abused to hell to grief low levels, no NPC assist, and it was laggy as FUCK for the first few MONTHS... I mean horrible....

that was why it needed to be wiped like 4 months after its own launch, people unfamiliar with the project had a very poor perception of the project 1999 server quality who werent already familair with the blue server

and the RESISTS were so bad my fuckin god mang i swear to god druids were god mode, they could land anything
It was real bad watching holocaust run 10v3 trains outside Guk, using a cleric to drag trains to the entrance of Guk from day 1, knowing that the numbers dropping fast from initial 600 where it had great potential was because xp loss and no item loss meant that zergs were practically untouchable. Watching them constantly brag about griefing people off the server and seeing no reaction from people running the server besides "lol this isnt counterstrike" and "if you dont like it, leave" when in fact on Rallos, it was counterstrike and why it was a blast to play there. No economy because of no item loss. I thought at some point this is all going to sink in, but they removed xp loss when server dropped to single digit at off-peak and by then the damage was done.

Even years after, really bad moves with stuff like Sirken saying its gotta be bad before its going to get better and nerfing xp. Just comically making it worse. Wasting a ton of GM time on playing account strip detective instead of doing fun events when 0 resources should have been spent on that since it was explicitely forbidden to share accounts. Giving the GM keys to some 50s nun where even someone like me has to chuckle at the heavy handed chat modding (which was at certain times necessary). At that point it was just funny like watching a metaphorical train wreck, thinking what are they smoking?
Old 01-18-2018, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Here's some pvp ideas I've been fiddling with:

Remove level based resist and melee hit chance. Meaning a level 1 can land spells on a level 50.

Cap root/stun on players at 1-2 ticks, snare at 1-3 ticks.

Lower values of movement altering effects, lower snare speed and lower sow speed.

Innate procs of any PC melee attack to apply a snare to Target. Making it harder to kite.

More available shadowstep type abilities that drag or push clients.

Percentage based damage built into every direct damage spell.

Discord style death and loot with full item drop - all items drop but there is a chance that items are destroyed with player death.

1-2 hours to max level.
-

I was thinking these changes would mitigate the problem of one group or team getting overpowered with gear. By giving punishment for death, but not too severe. Also a lowly geared player can still have positive impact in a fight.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

I played on p99 when it was 200-250 high peak pop. Pretty amazing how it's grown and still stays consistently the highest populated everquest emu's
pras
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be a Sundawg either
or Xzerion

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was real bad watching holocaust run 10v3 trains outside Guk, using a cleric to drag trains to the entrance of Guk from day 1, knowing that the numbers dropping fast from initial 600 where it had great potential was because xp loss and no item loss meant that zergs were practically untouchable. Watching them constantly brag about griefing people off the server and seeing no reaction from people running the server besides "lol this isnt counterstrike" and "if you dont like it, leave" when in fact on Rallos, it was counterstrike and why it was a blast to play there. No economy because of no item loss. I thought at some point this is all going to sink in, but they removed xp loss when server dropped to single digit at off-peak and by then the damage was done.

Even years after, really bad moves with stuff like Sirken saying its gotta be bad before its going to get better and nerfing xp. Just comically making it worse. Wasting a ton of GM time on playing account strip detective instead of doing fun events when 0 resources should have been spent on that since it was explicitely forbidden to share accounts. Giving the GM keys to some 50s nun where even someone like me has to chuckle at the heavy handed chat modding (which was at certain times necessary). At that point it was just funny like watching a metaphorical train wreck, thinking what are they smoking?
What in the garbage picking nazi fighting comic selling is going on here batman?
Old 01-19-2018, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravelle1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's some pvp ideas I've been fiddling with:
Remove level based resist and melee hit chance. Meaning a level 1 can land spells on a level 50.
I like that. Noticed that pretty soon in wow pvp. The fun of helping take down a 53 hunter on my lvl 28 priest.
Closed Thread