Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-30-2018, 11:58 AM
Large Rat

Default Help with New Startup?

I recently moved my EQ files to my D drive, necessary to free up space on my cheap acer.
Since doing this and creating a new shortcut from the new drive I now get a "Run EverQuest.exe" message. Ive gone through every possible file I could think of to try to get around this but now I'm out of ideas, any of you know how I can fix this while keeping the game on its new drive?
Old 08-30-2018, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Open the directory and just type lau enter. And it will launch the launch.bat file and will work again.

Alternatively you can make a shortcut of your .bat file but it’s like 2 clicks so if you are that lazy you are ready to play EQ lol.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Large Rat

Ok so doing that now leads to a new message stating windows cant find "eqgame".
Should I try to dump last patch files back into my directory to try and resolve this? I transfered all folders just as they were on my C drive so Im not sure why this is even a problem.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

It shouldn’t be.

So yes grab the last p99 patch and then try to run the launch.bat again

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-30-2018, 08:06 PM
Aviak

Could use a symbolic link which would make it seem as if your directory is still on the C drive. I haven't done that with the whole directory, but it should work. I do use a symbolic link for my eq log files folder though.

Example from command prompt:
mklink /D "D:\Everquest" "C:\Everquest"

The quotes aren't necessary for this case, but if one of your folder names has a space in the name, the quotes should be used.

After using the symbolic link, your original shortcut which pointed to the C drive should work fine.