Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

Iksar so no
Old 09-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seeing this a lot but I'm 46 and still meleeing a lot just because my DoTs are way less efficient than just regen + slow tanking with haste on me and my pet. Concrete example (yeti cave DL), root rotting drains my mana 3-4 yetis in while slow tanking allows me to grind through them one at a time endlessly. I have fungi and worn haste though
I'd be curious to see some actual numbers. I'm not saying Shaman at 46 shouldn't tank; face tanking is the best way to handle a lot of mobs.

But I think the important part of face-tanking, just like real tanking, is the tanking part, not the damage dealing part. In other words, if you parse:
  • how much damage your poison dots do
  • how much damage your disease dots do
  • how much damage your pet does
  • (how much damage your epic does, if you have it)
  • how much melee damage you do

I strongly suspect you will see that your melee damage is a relatively small piece of the overall picture.

Also, with regards to root/rotting using up your mana and tanking not, for one thing I'd imagine you kill much faster when you use DoTs, especially if you also mix-in some dog damage and melee damage (they're not mutually exclusive). So sure you can do endless Yetis without DoTs, but you're only going to kill X yetis an hour that way. Even with med breaks, the DoT way is going to kill Y yetis an hour.

What X and Y actually are does vary based on what you're killing, how you're killing it (as I said, even if you're using DoTs you could tank and/or use pet ... or not), etc. But I suspect Y > X.

Even if not, Y still requires less active playtime, so really it's also a question of playstyle (some people like taking breaks, some don't). Personally if I have the choice of playing for 40 minutes with 20 minutes of break, or playing constantly for 60 minutes, I'd chose the break, but not everyone would.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-11-2018 at 04:49 PM..
Old 09-16-2018, 09:20 PM
Banned

If you got a fungi the rest of your gear is only a slight factor till 55+ when you probably do more face tanking off mobs (but with epic you just root rot 3-5 mobs)

I would sell everything but the fungi and get your epic at 46. With epic and fungi you gtg till 60.

P.s. get your sow boots before turning in epic otherwise you gotta do the faction again, sow boots are your best clicky for canni dancing in outdoor zones. Gobbie earing for indoor zones. Plys who doesnt want intanr clicky self sow??????

Fungi+ 5/55hp rings + banded armor + epic + sow boots (outdoor clicky) + goblin earing (indoor clicky) = level to 60 and save every drop of plat you have to buy torpor at 60 then win.
Last edited by White_knight; 09-16-2018 at 09:26 PM..
Old 09-16-2018, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you got a fungi the rest of your gear is only a slight factor till 55+ when you probably do more face tanking off mobs (but with epic you just root rot 3-5 mobs)

I would sell everything but the fungi and get your epic at 46. With epic and fungi you gtg till 60.

P.s. get your sow boots before turning in epic otherwise you gotta do the faction again, sow boots are your best clicky for canni dancing in outdoor zones. Gobbie earing for indoor zones. Plys who doesnt want intanr clicky self sow??????

Fungi+ 5/55hp rings + banded armor + epic + sow boots (outdoor clicky) + goblin earing (indoor clicky) = level to 60 and save every drop of plat you have to buy torpor at 60 then win.
Can you click epic at 46? Wiki says 50 I think
Old 09-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you all very much for the help. Got almost all the important stuff at this point and ready to get going. As I get closer to 50 for epic going to need to put some work farminf on my enchanter to buy epic which shouldn’t be terrible. Thank you all again.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct on both counts. But for one thing it only works on the spell in the top slot, so unless you're constantly changing that slot its benefits only apply to one spell. Usually Shaman use that for Cannibalize, since saving a second between casting your disease dot and your poison dot really doesn't matter (as you noted you can usually just get a swing with your GFG in in-between).
Global cooldown clickies only allow you to spam the top slot, but they also allow you to cast say spell #2 and immediately cast spell #3 without waiting for the cooldown of spell #2 to complete. The lower 7 slots will still be greyed out but they can be cast just not back to back.

Also with GCD clickie you can Canni twice and be sitting again before the next tick making Canni dancing much more effecient. If you timed it absolutely perfectly it's only 3.51 seconds, allowing 2.49 seconds for error. It's even more tedious than regular Canni dancing, but it's doable.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:10 AM
Kobold

Once you get used to GCD clicky, playing toons without one becomes so annoying... Would make that prio #1 on any character.

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Closed Thread