Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation The real facts about <Core> - the inside story

Hi everyone, I'm Gatmanno. I'm here to tell you the real story about <Core> they don't tell you, the dirty inside details.

Sloths are the official spirit animal of <Core>. Now, most people know that sloths are arboreal animals, which apparently means they live in trees, and that's because it's the first thing that comes up if you google "sloth facts" or look sloths up on Wikipedia! Sloths have more in common with us than meets the eye though. For example, what a lot of people don't know is that sloths actually only spend about 10 hours of the day sleeping. They are also naturally potty trained and will go pee pee and poo poo in the same spot every time. Sloths are solitary creatures who only gather to mate. They are only awake at night too. Sloths are also very cute.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Core> member shown relaxing out max.

Sloths have up to four-inch-long claws. Wow! Another thing people don't know about sloths is their mortal enemies are snakes, eagles and jaguars. Their claws are used to hold onto tree branches, and also to fight their sworn enemies. Well not really, because sloths are super chill and would only fight by winning hearts and minds, especially my heart and mind. But I bet it would really hurt, if they did use them. But they won't I think. If a sloth doesn't fall in honorable battle against snakes or jaguars, then it can live up to 40 years old! Wow! If it does fall though, they go to sloth Valhalla to eat really nice trees forever with the other honorable sloths. I think that's pretty cool.

Anyway, there is a lot of misinformation flying around I just wanted to clear up here in my thread about the real facts of <Core>. If you have questions, I promise to reply to every high quality goodpost. Thanks gentle reader, and Bristlebane bless you.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:17 PM
Kobold

he cracked
Old 08-14-2018, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

I am not sure whether to ask a question about sloths or <Core>, so your misdirection has succeeded in befuddling my small brain. Having said that, two questions:

1) What is the average sloth lifespan and;
2) What do you think makes <Core> unique from other top end guilds?
Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Expected hilarity and funny photos by clicking on thread. Saw image of sloth peeking and was hoping of poor photoshop of Franswa avatar on the body. Left disappointed.

Tuluven fulfill us and save this thread.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2) What do you think makes <Core> unique from other top end guilds?
I hear they have lots of vacation time.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

I enjoy both sloths and extremely casual raiding. Is Core the right guild for me?
Old 08-14-2018, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

are sloths friends with gorillas?
Old 08-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Warning: serious post on RnF.

1. When <Untz/Core> split out you spent most of your initial weeks farming high-plat targets and MQs, and locking down content like Ragefire and Naggy. Was this just to help kick-start a new guild bank, or was it to fill the pockets of the people who jumped over?

It's probably fair to say it gave most of the server the impression you were just a farm crew and turned a lot of people off, and might be why people didn't have much sympathy for you at first.

2. Do you intend to progress to higher-tier targets and start competing in ToV / city leaders once you recruit more people?

---

It was nice of you (well, Franswa) to offer out the Ragefire hearts to help clerics the other week.

Good luck in future!
Old 08-14-2018, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear they have lots of vacation time.
LOL
Old 08-14-2018, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by farladar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like many new guilds... you need to build a guild bank and fill your recharger with certain items.

Having low numbers starting out is also reason to start on easy encounters such as naggy/vox, VS, golems, Trakanon etc.

Progression was coming along nicely as our numbers built. Unfortunately along the way we encountered a road block of self-pity and negative attitudes from the outside that we thought we had left behind.

We would love to jump back into ToV some day... but seems like someone is destine to deny us of that chance even if we are playing by the rules.

My 2 cents.

Cheers pals
I think Bellringer still has a man-crush for many of you and can't stand that you found love with other people.