Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-23-2018, 02:54 AM
Aviak

Default High visability group HP bars/UI elements mix and match

I use DuxaUI and it's great. Except for the damn party frame, the tiny HP bars make me tunnel vision. I remember seeing someone streaming that had big easy to see green bubbles... any have an idea of what it was or something similar?
Is it possible to use Duxa and then replace UI elements with parts of other ones for a mix and match?
Old 08-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Kobold

I'm not a UI/xml expert but I have changed a ton of stuff in Duxa, the party window is one thing I never minded though. I do have an extremely large target bar and cast bar which is the same idea.

It is possible to just copy and paste into Duxa in most cases. Most parts of the UI are super easy to edit, but the gauges are one of the hardest parts of the UI to edit without distorting them because they are defined in the window_pieces.tga's

With Duxa specifically, the gauges are several different pieces (like 10?) that's how they change colors when HP gets low. If you don't care about losing the color-changing HP gauges you can try copy/pasting the party window file and the corresponding windows pieces and see if it works, but it probably wont in my experience.

The HP gauge is in windows_pieces01.tga. You will probably have to redirect "Agauge_fill" etc in equi_animations.xml. If you don't want to mess with the targetbar you will have to create a completely new "Agauge_fill01" and direct the group_window.xml to it
Old 08-23-2018, 10:11 AM
Kobold

It's definitely possible, but with Duxa in particular is difficult to incorporate parts of other UIs into, or to take parts from Duxa to other UIs. I've found trying move/replace individual UI pieces usually results in the UI not loading and I end up struggling to figure out which additional files I need to also move/replace to make it actually load the UI. Anything with gauges and the spell window in particular have caused me a lot of issues.

The easiest way to get larger HP bars for both you, your target, and your group would be to just use the Rustle UI, which has pretty large ones, but is based on the QQui rather than Duxa.