Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-29-2018, 10:47 AM
Orc

Default P99 randomly stopped working(WINE?)

Hi all,

as the title states a few months ago my p99 stopped booting up for me and I have no idea why. I am not technically savvy and had a co-worker install wine and the game onto my mac to start things off.

When I click the P99(with the wine logo) file nothing happens, nothing loads and I dont know how to fix it. Any help would be really appreciated!
Old 08-29-2018, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message to Kavious on the forums he’s the king of Mac

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-29-2018, 11:18 AM
Orc

Thanks tupakk
Old 08-29-2018, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Also, if you're at least a little bit tech savvy and want to try seeing what the problem could be on your own, try running wine/EQ at the command line (ie. use the terminal application). It should give an error message that at least gives a clue as to the problem's source.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:26 AM
Orc

I found the terminal file when messing around trying to figure out the problem. How do I run the command line
Old 08-29-2018, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found the terminal file when messing around trying to figure out the problem. How do I run the command line
So my Mac knowledge is a little rusty, but on Windows/Linux you go to the icon you normally click on to start EQ, and right-click on it, and choose Properties. On Mac maybe you select it, then choose "Properties" from the Apple menu? Or something like that?

Once you do that you should see the actual command that icon runs. It will be something like "wine.exe eqgame.exe", but it may have more, or it might not have the ".exe" part.

Once you find that command copy it, then open the terminal application, paste the command in, and hit enter. Now you'll run the exact same thing you normally run to start EQ, but since it's at the command line you should see the output of running that command, and if there's an error it probably/hopefully/should be mentioned in that output.

P.S. One other thing you can try is using different Windows versions. Open up winecfg (either the normal way or by typing "winecfg" and enter at the command line). There should be a drop-down menu there somewhere that let's you pick which Windows version to use, and you can try different ones to see if any fix your problem. Also there are a few other options (mainly I'm thinking of "Emulate a virtual desktop") that you can try that also might/might not fix things.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-29-2018 at 11:49 AM..