Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-30-2013, 03:03 AM
Planar Protector

ATTENTION WIN8 USERS: after a painstakingly long process, i figured out how to make this work with windows 8. the new version of BASSMIDI will not work! you must get version 1.06 from the following website: https://kode54.net/bassmididrv/archive/

after installing this, run as administrator and it will save your loaded banks. works really well!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffDaemon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This should be a sticky. I actually played on the default Microsoft MIDI (didn't have a dedicated sound card at the time) back in the day. Playing P99 on Win7 sounds the same and gives me those nostalgia chills, but sometimes the instrument tracks start playing in different keys or go slightly off-tempo, creating ear vomit.

I've tried the OP's sound font, and all that has gone away. Gonna be neat listening to everything with fresh instrumentation. THANK YOU, OP!
Well shit. When I camped and went to character select, a brass track went out of phase and threw everything off. Guess it's back to Microsoft MIDI.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

i wasnt happy with the soundbank OP posted, so i searched google and found a different one.. that might improve your issues
Old 01-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Most of the Information I found to complete this was taken from http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=8893&

By changing your systems MIDI soundfont, you can recreate the AWE32 Soundblaster sound which is how the music was meant to be heard in EQ! (the MIDI soundfont that windows comes with by default is pretty terrible)

Preview the sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWj-...&feature=g-upl
(you may not be super impressed but in comparison its a lot better, im too lazy to upload a comparison video, maybe i will at a later date)

------
HOW TO:
1.) Download 1mgm.sf2 to Desktop or any location [download]
2.) install bassmididrv.exe [download]
3.) Run BASSMIDI Driver Configuration
4.) "Add" 1mgm.sf2 to soundfonts and click "Apply"
5.) Go to Advanced tab, under Default MIDI Synth, select BASSMIDI Driver and hit "Apply"
------

You can google "MIDI soundfont Banks" to see if you find any you like better

You might notice a little bit of glitchyness in the video with the sound, i think that's only because my fraps was running.

Enjoy!

Awesome.. back "in the day" my eq computer was a HP Pavilion P1 75mhz that I later upgraded to 200mhz "p2" but more like some odd OC p1.5 hybrid thing... anywho- its orig soundcard was a soundcard modem combo card- and the sound died on it- long story short after a dumb tech replaced stuff a few times not listening to me- I ended up with a Soundblaster AWE 64gold as a replacement- that card followed me for many moons and many computers it was such an awesome card... it had its own little sound processer :-P

thanks for this tip!

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 03-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Well after many failed attempts at forcing windows to use my SB x-fis midi synth I found this, worked like a charm. Now freeport music actually sounds like music instead of a strange tune with odd hammering sounds over it. Thanks for the guide!

Edit: This should be a sticky, and at the very least it should have a section under client customization on the wiki.
Last edited by Gadwen; 03-06-2014 at 06:51 PM..
Old 03-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

All I hear is that TUBA!
Old 03-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: This should be a sticky, and at the very least it should have a section under client customization on the wiki.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:18 AM
Decaying Skeleton

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS
Old 08-29-2014, 05:26 AM
Fire Giant

link dead for BASSMIDI Driver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2014, 05:32 AM
Fire Giant

wait wait, found a new link that works!
http://www.kode54.net/bassmididrv/bassmididrv.exe