Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was a rule that has always been around just never enforced .. You fucking scrubs need to stop cheating on a 14 year old elf simulator it's fucking pathetic
Please quote me the rule, I look forward to reading it.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

P.S. Lazortag, here's your prior stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can somebody please tell me what's wrong with just keeping training illegal? Are there any guides that have said, "man, training is so hard to enforce, I wish it were legal so that I could have more time to do other things"?

As for disabling binding in raid zones, let's just try the classic solution first (making casters respawn oom). Nilbog said in IRC that this was coming soon I think. Maybe Fear should have binding disabled but apart from that there are no zones that should have binding disabled that didn't already have it disabled in classic.
now suddenly it's a huge "exploit" being used to "break" rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disabling binding in dungeons is silly and unnecessary. Why is the classic solution not good enough? We can at least try it before dismissing it.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Banned

I'm not wasting my time digging threw forums to prove you wrong my name isn't nirgon and stop playing stupid we all know it was a rule
Old 06-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not wasting my time digging threw forums to prove you wrong my name isn't nirgon and stop playing stupid we all know it was a rule
Because there is no such rule, but if you can find it I'll give you 100k.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

I looked through everything, all that ever happened was that proposed non classic rule changes were made, one of them was disabling binding in FFA zones. This non-classic change was then instituted with a patch on 4/22/12. No accompanying note that people needed to change the bind was added with the patch. In fact, for months in Fear Holocaust / FF / Nihilum all took advantage of their legacy fear binds for farming fear. Not a peep was heard from anyone, including you sickpuppy who took part on some of these raids. The bind was considered "legacy" much like fire pots bind. Now suddenly the Nihilum haters are coming out to talk about how it's an evil "exploit" being "abused" in FUCKING PERMAFROST. LOL
Old 06-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

The fact that there are other zones that should be considered raid zones doesn't absolve anyone of binding in zones that are currently considered raid zones, when that functionality was removed. It's patently obvious that if you're not allowed to bind in a certain zone, and you're still bound in that zone, then you're exploiting. This was an issue on the blue server where punishment was threatened for people who were still bound in Seb after it wasn't allowed anymore.

It's not *that* big of a deal in that you don't derive much of an advantage from being bound in Perma, but you still get some unfair advantage, and it's disingenuous to say otherwise (any time you're able to do things that others are prohibited from doing, you definitionally have an advantage over them).

edit: Heartbrand, I read your response, realized nothing in it was relevant, and decided to write nothing further about it.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 06-25-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's patently obvious that if you're not allowed to bind in a certain zone, and you're still bound in that zone, then you're exploiting.
Except it's not patently obvious, perhaps to you it is, but to those of us who look to written and clear rules for guidance on how to behave, there has been no such rule for 14 months. During these 14 months not one thing has ever been mentioned on the subject, nor was there at the time of the rule, despite the fact that throughout this period some people have kept their bind. GM's have seen people keep the bind. Not one peep was uttered by anyone until now. Yet you say it's "obvious" it's exploiting, despite having no prior ruling to defend your position. I think the only thing that's "obvious" is your idiocy.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Is invis pulling "obviously" exploiting as well? What about keeping your bind @ TD Pots after Verant realized the game breaking nature of said bind? Was that also "obviously" exploiting? Being able to buff level 1's with level 60 buffs isn't classic and is being changed, is doing so right now "obviously" exploiting as well? Please, enlighten me with your vast knowledge of what else is "obviously" exploiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PvP Server
  • Binding has been disabled in FFA Zones.

That's all we have on the subject. Somehow you've extrapolated from that one sentence that keeping the bind is exploiting. So, in defense of my argument we have fourteen plus months of silence, zero posts or comments on retaining the bind, zero precedent for it being against the rules. In your defense you have that it is "obviously" exploiting. We call a statement or a "defense" like that in law a conclusory statement, I hope your day to day logic is better than your ForumQuest logic.

Here's a link with some examples of conclusory statements to help improve your logic in the future: http://members.shaw.ca/tjromaniuk/wp02v04p05.htm
Last edited by heartbrand; 06-25-2013 at 11:29 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Banned

Holy shit just change your fucking bind spot it's not that big of a deal
Old 06-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Banned

HB you seem to not understand . Sirken is the fcking man he tells you to jump you say how high he says change your bind you say where to .. Don't fucking question his authority ou scum
Closed Thread