Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Default Ipad? ipod? ipop? iwtfever? innovation? cult? stevejobs is president?!!!

does apple just make the same products all the time and try and sell them off as something completely new through advanced marketing techniques and people fall for the scam?

Or?

Is apple the worlds most innovative company and is just awe inspiring to how amazingly hard and how much effort they put into their innovative products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Old 01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Kobold

I can't believe you even have to ask.

I can't wait to get my iPad. You see, now everyone has an iPhone and I just don't feel like enough people are noticing how hip of a hipster I really am, so if I start carrying around a tablet worth twice as much as the iPhone, but with less actual utility than one everyone will know I'm the ultimate hip.

Heck, I may even spend 50% more to get the 3G version so I have a reason to take it out of my closet once the novelty has worn off. Well, at least until I realize that the only carrier with a decently priced unlimited data plan is T-mobile, who the iPad isn't compatible with and $100/month for 3G connectivity is a complete waste of money.

Well, I'm sure I can find something that will make it useful. I can watch movies on it while going on long trips. Whoops, it's 4:3 screen makes Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson look even sillier on this film I downloaded from iTunes.

I guess I'll just use it as a netbook and browse the web for funny things to pass the time. Oops! No flash! Well I didn't like Break.com that much anyways.

You know what. I'm still okay with it. Because that's how hardcore of a hipster I am. I carry around the world's most sleek and expensive garbage, just so you can see that I mean business.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

haha you sir win [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Quote:

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Old 01-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe you even have to ask.

I can't wait to get my iPad. You see, now everyone has an iPhone and I just don't feel like enough people are noticing how hip of a hipster I really am, so if I start carrying around a tablet worth twice as much as the iPhone, but with less actual utility than one everyone will know I'm the ultimate hip.

Heck, I may even spend 50% more to get the 3G version so I have a reason to take it out of my closet once the novelty has worn off. Well, at least until I realize that the only carrier with a decently priced unlimited data plan is T-mobile, who the iPad isn't compatible with and $100/month for 3G connectivity is a complete waste of money.

Well, I'm sure I can find something that will make it useful. I can watch movies on it while going on long trips. Whoops, it's 4:3 screen makes Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson look even sillier on this film I downloaded from iTunes.

I guess I'll just use it as a netbook and browse the web for funny things to pass the time. Oops! No flash! Well I didn't like Break.com that much anyways.

You know what. I'm still okay with it. Because that's how hardcore of a hipster I am. I carry around the world's most sleek and expensive garbage, just so you can see that I mean business.

I didn't think twice about it till I read this. Now I want 2!!!
You should work for Apple. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

I like pie. You can too.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Sarnak

O Rly?

Quote:
Quote:

Planar Protector

cheesecake pie
Old 01-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I watched the presentation of it.

I like the part where he hasn't really shown the product yet or even given a brief overview and he's like "blah blah blah... we call it... THE IPAD"

And the crowd starts clapping and cheering like crazy. rofl.

Dunno, that's probably not funny to anyone else but it made me laugh so much. For the record I generally like apple products, prefer windows though, but have an ipod and such and it treats me well enough... not really a h8r.

Just think it's funny that anyone would clap or cheer after learning the name of a product without knowing much else. Guess part of that is crazed apple fans. They should release an electronic version of dog shit and see if anyone cheers at the keynote.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Ipod is a piece of shit. Itunes is as well.

Not allowing drag and drop functionality right off the bat is just fucking retarded.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not allowing drag and drop functionality right off the bat is just fucking retarded.
This is the #1 reason I refuse to buy an iPhone and this new thing. It's not even a hardware or software failing. Apple purposely disables this functionality to force you to use itunes/their shitty accessories/upgrades/encourage purchasing through iTunes instead of just transfering the music 90%* of their consumers already have on their computer.

* I pulled this number out of my ass.
Closed Thread