Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Banned

It was hard to xp in Sol A with high level rogues and monks killing all the mobs for ores.

I made 2-2.5k plat going low 30s to 40 in there mostly solo, so I can imagine it was decent plat at higher levels.

A block sold for 50pp, large like 13pp and small 5pp
Old 02-10-2019, 07:14 PM
Aviak

Just got my mage to 51 the other week and it gets nerfed. Just like I missed seafurries.
It was pretty shit at least with the 49 fire pet anyway, might have been better with the 57 earth muzzled but was only ~750/hr, highly contested most of the time and having to leave parts of the zone up for newbies (most of which were gone fairy quickly due to the wizards and healing through walls), and intense on the fingers not to mention highly boring. Only worth it in the dead of night if you could hold jailer too. Hope you don't ever want a child's tear MQ or any other mudflated things on this box now when they are restricting raw plat generation...

So we are just speculating these changes were never classic? I didn't see anything in the bug report forum.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakubi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So we are just speculating these changes were never classic? I didn't see anything in the bug report forum.
Telin said he looked into Left Goblin Ears on his own, he could have easily found hard evidence that HQ blocks weren't classic while looking for info on the ears.

Even now the the main Zam page has Block of HQ Ore labeled as only being player crafted with expansion:Original and no mention of it ever dropping off of anything.

You don't need to farm raw plat to buy things on this server it's not like there's a shortage of plat for people to buy your farmed items or services. Get your mage to 55 and sell coths for 2k.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dang. So many years of players making pp and now real newbies like me will find it harder to gear up through EC.
Gear up by playing the game vs having others play to gear you
Old 02-10-2019, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dang. So many years of players making pp and now real newbies like me will find it harder to gear up through EC.
Just wait for green homey, then you can have a fair shake. Until then you will never EVER catch up to the fat cats.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the devs don't change things with just one piece (or in this case, one bad example) of evidence.
How can you say that for sure though? Are you one of the devs? I havent seen much that details their actual behind the scenes process.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You don't need to farm raw plat to buy things on this server it's not like there's a shortage of plat for people to buy your farmed items or services. Get your mage to 55 and sell coths for 2k.
Way too late for that. You can no longer bind in TOV so only the mages that are already bound there can sell COTHs.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way too late for that. You can no longer bind in TOV so only the mages that are already bound there can sell COTHs.
Everyone lost their TOV binds. Those mages selling POM COTHs keep their toons at the zone in permanently.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekreant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you say that for sure though? Are you one of the devs? I havent seen much that details their actual behind the scenes process.
I'm just going by the past actions of the devs for the half a decade I've been playing here.

You have to remember the entire reason those devs are here is to re-create classic EQ. Not to fuck with players or worry about the economy: just re-creating classic EQ is more than enough on their plate.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-15-2019 at 09:30 PM..
Old 02-15-2019, 10:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone lost their TOV binds. Those mages selling POM COTHs keep their toons at the zone in permanently.
Yikes! I didn't realize that. I had quit for a year and a half when that changed. I was wondering how they were able to keep there binds. I figured they were grandfathered like the fire pots bound people.
Closed Thread