Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 08:24 PM
Large Rat

Default Razran F`Lok and The Dead faction

I've been playing an ogre shaman for the last few months and have been loving it. I spend more time in Neriak than Oggok, especially the last 10 or so levels. I've had no trouble with it until two nights ago. I was hunting in HHP to help raise my faction with those groups and the FP Militia. Turned in like 90 scalps, got to dubious with them and apprehensive with HHP. Cool.

I go back to Neriak to bank to (what I thought was) play it safe. I always tab/con and I noticed something I hadn't before when I first zoned in. There was an NPC at the top of the wall that conned threatening to me. Wow, I thought to myself.. no worries, maybe I just never noticed it before. I zone to Neriak Commons, head to the bank (like I have been doing for months) and SPLAT this guy Razran F`Lok nukes me dead. I head to wiki and read the info on him, which says he patrols from the caster area to the door that leads to the bank.

A few questions: as an ogre shaman, have I just been extraordinarily lucky in not encountering him on one of his patrols? Or did I somehow stealth-trash my The Dead faction killing orcs in HHP and turning in scalps? I constantly kept an eye on those faction hits to make sure no evil faction was impacted. Lastly, any advice on raising this faction? I'm level 22, so advice on when I can start that would be great as well. I see you can kill some gnomes and high elves to raise it, and I don't really care about those two races or their factions.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Ya that guy is a pather on the dead faction. Entirely possible you just didn't walk near him in the past.

The good news is you will get invis at 29 and it doesn't take long to get there.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:26 AM
Skeleton

For chars I've tested The Dead and Priests of Innoruuk are threatining even if rest is apprehensive. Seems to be normal starting point for non-DE chars. You have just been lucky. Mine char got killed by this npc on my first visit to Neriak Commons.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

There is another door to the bank that this guy should not be anywhere near, that bank hallway has 2 doors one on the 3rd gate zone side, and one near the entrance to warrior guild area.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is another door to the bank that this guy should not be anywhere near, that bank hallway has 2 doors one on the 3rd gate zone side, and one near the entrance to warrior guild area.
I thought he also passes by that door too when he walks down that ramp from the caster guild area, at least close enough to aggro. I'll check tonight!
Old 06-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Large Rat

I checked last night and he does path by that door as well, but is probably only within aggro range for about 5 seconds, making it safer than the other door I've been using. Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-11-2019, 06:16 AM
Sarnak

He got me one of the first times I went to the bank there after factioning on the Red Wine Quest. (i am Iksar SK).

One day I will spend some time working on 'The Dead' faction.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:25 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He got me one of the first times I went to the bank there after factioning on the Red Wine Quest. (i am Iksar SK).

One day I will spend some time working on 'The Dead' faction.
Do you have a strategy on working on it? It seems like all the quests that raise it also lower other important factions, but killing certain gnomes and high elves will raise it and trash faction with groups you will never be able to improve.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

it's really not worth the bother. as soon as you get invisbility just bank in freeport. You can bank from around the wall. You'll almost always see some iskars doing this to know right where the spot is.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Can raise the dead faction killing Lozani in HHK basically just ruins your gnome faction which as an ogre you would never have anyways
Closed Thread