Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 10:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prospective rogues, keep that Primal Velium Spear at the top of your bid list.

Vianna is a charlatan that remarkably doesn't understand a rogue's primary role in raiding.
Dragging corpses?
Old 06-11-2019, 01:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dragging corpses?
You. I like you.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:49 AM
Fire Giant

So is AM actually consistently fielding less players than their competition or are they just blowing it out of proportion after a few raids with less people? Hard to make that claim when you've been known as the premier zerg guild for many many months. I'm not talking about how many allied guilds or merged guilds but actual number of players.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So is AM actually consistently fielding less players than their competition or are they just blowing it out of proportion after a few raids with less people? Hard to make that claim when you've been known as the premier zerg guild for many many months. I'm not talking about how many allied guilds or merged guilds but actual number of players.
It's a good spin when you're losing numbers. Try gather new recruits by implying the loot is spread less thin due to lower numbers.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye, but I do want to clarify I'm not just talking about the rooted dragons in ToV here. It's been said before, but rooted mobs can give an advantage to the larger or more capable force due to leapfrogging and being able to handle the boss + N adds simultaneously with a larger force, so when things are spawning one at a time, I would definitely expect AM to have an advantage there.

But looking at the bigger picture, if AM is clearing to a ToV dragon and an unrooted target spawns - NToV or not (Dain, KT, Statue, WToV, etc) other guilds now have more of a chance to go for it than they would before.

TL;DR: Trying to race AM for a rooted target is probably a bad strategy for most guilds, going for a different target while AM is busy on a rooted target is probably a good strategy for most guilds.
I have a log from the last Vulak. Not only did Riot outnumber AM by 2 members, but they added 26 players from AG. 74 Riot, 26 AG, 100 Riot Guard versus 72 AM. AM wins.

Riot Guard has been swarming AM the last 3 weeks now, so this whole AM zerg argument is really just salty tears.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:45 AM
Sarnak

^sure sure whatever you say /rolls eyes.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:38 AM
Banned

aftermath Must be pretty scared to constantly be crying like this , my old 25 man guild used to shit on them so riot you better choke them out for at least a month
Old 06-11-2019, 07:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AM has fielded less than their competition (Who combine for things AM can handle on their own) since the start of rooted dragons.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prospective rogues, keep that Primal Velium Spear at the top of your bid list.

Vianna is a charlatan that remarkably doesn't understand a rogue's primary role in raiding.
I laugh every time I see AG wipe to a dragon and 2 guard engage. All their dps dying to the AE's of the extended engage. I guess those primals just aren't quite enough to keep the DPS alive because that is what they have put a lot of effort into.

What I understand is Dead DPS does no DPS at all. I guess getting a couple guards killed and a dragon to 60% is AG's goal though. Because they did it quite a bit during this rooted era so far before wiping out.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dragging corpses?
For AG that seems to be their most effective role lately. It sure isn't getting the Dragons killed.
Closed Thread