Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

People still debating when a GM already commented in this thread, lol. Don't loot items that don't belong to you unless you have permission, even if it's something as insignificant as fine steel.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. From kill time, to 5 min, only the group/player can loot. That is their window. After that, it is indeed FFA. Like it was told to me, if you wanted it that bad, you had 3 minutes to take it. If the original developers wanted it any other way, they would pema lock the corpse as they do in WoW. In WoW if it is not your kill, you can't loot. (At least it used to be that way, years ago.)

The only time I hear whiners go off about "ninja" looting, is when quadders are so busy running around to stay live, they don't have the chance to loot their kills within that 3 minute window. Sux to be them.....
Or when someone kills something, and then switches over to an alt to loot the item. Looting their kill without their permission in that situation will get you a GM handslap. A former guildmate came across a Skyshrine corpse that was open with no one around so he looted it, only to find out the person was logging in their alt to loot, and not at all happy it had been taken off the corpse. Account suspension followed. You have no way of knowing what a person's intentions are for a mob's loot even if it appears to be rotting, so it's best to ask first. .
Old 06-11-2019, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those terms literally mean nothing in the context of value of loot since significant or valuable changes person to person. Use your head. If you can't define what the "general consensus of significant value' is, then the qualifier is meaningless.

Anyways, GM already spoke just to say don't loot things that dont belong to you.

Its simple.

If you didn't kill it, don't loot it.
If you didn't get permission, don't loot it.

If you killed it, have permission from the killer, or have permission from your raid force, go loot it.
Jesus christ, dumb ass. Did you even read the definition of 'general'? In MOST SITUATIONS is a FS weapon considered significant or valuable on P99 blue? Every person here with an IQ over 40 knows the answer. It doesn't matter if there is one newb/moron who thinks otherwise, because 'generally' explicitly excludes exceptions. time to hire an elf lawyer to write your posts if you want to talk about rules.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:59 AM
Kobold

Calm down loser
Old 06-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Are you hard of thinking? Have you not read anything posted in this thread and decide to just rage at not being able to ninja loot?

Then define your term of significant loot. Apparently FS weapons are not significant (4-10p) to you, or your definition. Then, is a gem @ 24p significant ("in most situations")? Or a velious gem which vendors for 50p significant ("in most situations")? I honestly have no idea what you're even trying to argue for anymore. You have given literally no examples of what you consider significant loot, and the only item you list is FS weapons.

Everyone here with an IQ over 40 can tell that significance is solely determined subjectively, so without a quantifying number next to it, it literally means nothing. Even if you say "most situations", again, what do you mean by most? Average across the whole game? Most situations per zone? If most of the loot (say in HHK gobs) is between 5-15p (besides ears) in value, is that then significant since it is the most common loot?

It doesn't matter if there is 1 person who wants to ninja loot and apparently is a moron thinks otherwise, because 'generally' is quite honestly a shit term for rules. You dont see speeding laws saying "Speeding over a significant speed" or "Speeding over a generally accepted value" cause its a shit term when you define punishments. A GM already even said not to loot other's mobs, so if you can't even read that, you may need to hire a teacher to teach you how to read, let alone trying to lawyerquest.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

It's hilarious when someone tries to play the game of semantics yet doesn't even understand the words they are using. If significant and valuable are undefinable/unknowable, why they specifically included in the rules? Answer the question and don't waste the bandwidth writing 6 paragraphs trying to look like you know what you are talking about when you clearly don't.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Are you really still trying to argue that you can ninja loot? I see that you cannot think of any examples or new arguments yourself so you try to attack me. Good luck ninja looting in game, I'm done arguing with you.

(and for a last point, again, don't loot things you didnt kill or have permission to loot).
Old 06-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you really this daft? On blue FS is not "generally regarded as significant or valuable". On green would be a different story, though. Really not complicated. I just gave you the freaking definitions of generally.
Agreed. Context.

Even on blue; sure one FS weapon probably not a huge deal to most. But FS weapons are farmed by many for plat, so they do have value in this way.

So in the example the OP gives, looting lots of fine steel probably won't end well, especially given the warning guideline stated by Landris.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Its like a battle of wits minus the wits!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

DMN is so dumb. Stop trying to argue with him. He's a lost cause. Check his post history.
Closed Thread