Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Banned

Default Quality Assurance vs Control

The recent month or two was some of the best high level PvP this box has seen. After several attempts of leveling up melees via bard kites, mass recruiting to contest, drama surrounding pixel signing bonuses and server resets, the box has slowly began its spiral to 2 digit population with nobody even attempting to fight over raid spawns.

I checked the front page around 7 PST to see the impact and pop was ~90. Quite different from the 180-200 a month or two ago, and it's dropping digits every day.

I remembered something I was told a few years ago while I was ensuring my nation had bacteria free produce.

There's a difference between quality assurance and quality control, although you will most certainly always have a QA department at your job or HQ, it's not always assuring quality; sometimes it's trying to control it.

The former means proactively deterring things which are not deemed quality. Bug fixes before the code hits production or goes live rather than controlling a bug after it went live. Having your broccoli go through metal detectors to prevent metal from being bagged rather than trying to recall the shipment after a customer finds a nail in their dinner.

Easy concept.

Staff do a lot here, granted, but why is there a single 'content' developer dedicated to velious with a bunch of faction coders working under him when there are two servers providing two different services that require dedicated people.

Why has null been MIA for a year? Why is it that it takes server dropping pop to rustle any dev work on red? Why doesn't box development happen before population dwindles?

Admit it, there have been more bugs fixed as a result of the red implementation that have happened as a result of blue bug reports. Red players are more knowledgeable about Everquest mechanics and class abilities because we have to use a wider range of our class abilities to fight pc's than those who are accustomed to sitting afk at KC entrance safe from trains.

It seems fairly obvious that nurturing red would be more productive to having the most classic and bug free project. But it doesn't happen.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

I agree with ya pal
Old 05-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Heard the pop dropped below 20 earlier
Old 05-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Banned

/signed
Old 05-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/signed
Old 05-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

pop slowly but surely swirling down the drain
Old 05-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

big changes are coming
Old 05-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Banned

Yeah server has taken a toll the past few weeks, Hoping things will change in the upcoming weeks and maybe even get way better once pvp exp loss is removed. I for one would have no problem fighting uneven odds 1v3 or 1v2 whatever instead of running away from a ganksquad and camping or plugging because that exp % takes forever to get back.

Having seen the monk epic fight in sky done 7 times, I want to know why Gwan says the name Danknodge instead of the person turning in name. Danknodge is a paladin, And it was saying that name before he even went up there. Considering the presence despawns after every turn in its obviously not a bug so its in the code somewhere. Nothing ground breaking but still funny nonetheless.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heard the pop dropped below 20 earlier
confirmed

i for one have been eagerly awaiting the return to the dark ages
Old 05-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Good post.
I personally think there's a lot that we as players on the server could do to help the pop out as well. It's easy to point the fingers at the devs, but I think that the nature of this server and the nature of trash talking, trolling, and griefing isn't conducive to the majority of people that play games. I played on VZ during live and altho it was a hardcore pvp/guild vs guild server, there was still a sense of community and a level of integrity. The amount of personal attacks, constant petitioning for bans, and shit talking alienates a lot of people that would otherwise continue to play on this server.
Closed Thread