Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

Default Book of Scale

I've started working on my Paladin epic this week, and noticed that while the mobs for the Defender portion of the quest seem achievable with a single group (aside from breaking into hate), the dragons for the Book of Scale (Nagafen, Talendor, Severilous, Vox, Gorenaire, and Faydedar) for the Avenger portion definitely seem like big raid targets, and I really don't have a schedule that's conducive to raiding or joining a big raiding guild (nor am I familiar with the raid scene here).

So, my question: is it likely that, possibly after some shameless beggary, I would be able to tag along on a raid for these epic pieces? Or is there too much competition for them now with the wave of new hybrids after the exp penalty got removed?

I did notice that purchasing the MQ is an option but... Well... If possible, I'd rather not spend 25k, considering that's more than my total net worth at the moment (also it's just more satisfying to do the turn-in myself).

Appreciate any input, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Oh! On a related raidy-ish note - I need to get down to Phinegel's room to loot the ground spawn for the Divine Might quest. Is he typically downed, or would I need to organize a small raid to get him out of the way? (Or is it possible to get to the spawn while he's up?)
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Last edited by Shodo; 07-08-2016 at 12:22 PM..
Old 07-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

Guilds farm the torn books and sell them for guild funds to help support their hold achieve success with their harder raid targets. If you are lucky you can find a pick up group attaching these dragons but they are rare, since most Maris guilds will go after them.

Best solution is to either join a guild who kill them or plat farm and buy the book , otherwise you may take a while to complete this. Fortunately the book of scale is tradeable!!! So no worries about a no drop quest item someone else turns in for you, it is the 2 torn pieces that are no drop.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

The tradeableness is good news, hadn't noticed that - thanks! Guess I'll just have to massacre a few thousand more elves for some cash...

<Paradox> RIP
Old 07-08-2016, 11:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: Oh! On a related raidy-ish note - I need to get down to Phinegel's room to loot the ground spawn for the Divine Might quest. Is he typically downed, or would I need to organize a small raid to get him out of the way? (Or is it possible to get to the spawn while he's up?)
Phinigel is a 12 hour spawn. He's usually killed within minutes of spawning so he'll probably be DOWN if you go to kedge keep. However, the challenge is the 4 swirlspine seahorse guardians that see invis and proc a nasty stun. If you can make friends with someone who knows how to pull these seahorses away (as typical for a Phinigel raid), you could swim down, loot the bones, and get out before they come back. Good luck.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:29 AM
Sarnak

i got a necro to bind at entry we swim down he sends in pet and gates
swim down and grab bone and have a WC cap ready to click
Old 07-09-2016, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

I would not want to pay money to someone in exchange for them preventing me from doing something I wanted to do.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i got a necro to bind at entry we swim down he sends in pet and gates
swim down and grab bone and have a WC cap ready to click
That sounds effective - thanks for the tip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<Paradox> RIP
Closed Thread