Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Default WK Werewolves

Back in 2000 I distinctly remember having to be vigilant, always on the look out at night whenever entering/exiting West Karana via Qeynos Hills, because of werewolves. In fact, it wasn't uncommon for higher level players to camp the zoneline spawn, buffing the random low-level passerby. Buffs or no buffs, the area was deemed unsafe at night through word of mouth. Low level players who sat to med/heal up in the winding pathway ravine did so at their own risk.

Posted below are (probably too) many accounts of this occurrence. Also, according to some posts, the Qeynos Hills zoneline spawn point actually had placeholders. Additionally, werewolves aggro'd other NPCs, something I don't remember seeing on blue server (but it may be in effect), whether in Kithicor, WC, WK, or NK.

On blue server there is one werewolf that paths near the first guard tower nearest to the Qeynos Hills zoneline, indicated as #4 on the wiki map, but that's as far as it goes to my knowledge. If there is a werewolf that does spawn at the Qeynos Hills zoneline, I have yet to see it, at midnight or any other night hour in-game.

The accounts below are pretty thorough. One comment even mentions the exact pathing coordinates of a werewolf's end point near the Northern Karana zoneline.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...1&p=7#comments

QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT
Quote:
WK ww
#Aug 14 2001 at 10:30 AMRating: Decent
annai
24 posts
This thing spawned directly in front of me at the entrance to WK from Qeynos Hills. It was blue, I was at zoneline. What the heck.
He hits hard and fast but I managed to kill him, though it was pretty much hit for hit. Just as I was about to LoH he started to flee. Only dropped like 9 sp though.
I did get a kick out of finally being able to kill something that I spent my formative newbie levels fleeing in terror from.
QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT
Quote:
Gah these scare the bejeezums outa me
#Aug 19 2001 at 12:12 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
friend at lvl 11 and me at lvl 8 just finished hunting in WK and were near the zoning point when all of a sudden I turn on track and see "werewolf" Next thing I know as we twist around the corner so does the werewolf, he aggroed my friend and ripped him to shreds before my friend made it 3 inches to zone I was much luckier I zoned right as he aggroed onto me.
QH ZONELINE
Quote:
Some info...
#Nov 23 2001 at 5:55 PMRating: Decent
tzsjynx
1,154 posts
Werewolfs, i do believe, are a max level of 25 but a minimum level of lower, they hit hard though. The ones in WK are definatly the ones to go for, and are only spotted at night on full moon. Unfortunatly they are not considered undead, which make my search (paladin) alot harder, but on many occasions a bard or person with SoW will attract one w/o knowing it and these buggers are faster than a low lvl sow, they can keep just out of range, and end up being dumped at the zone area, so if you cant go out to find them, you can find them near the zone line of WK/QH.

PS. loot anything these things drop, its all good stuff. I destroyed 2 WW Pelts w/o knowing about the Cape, and now i gotta go find summore....
Location in WK
#Nov 28 2001 at 8:22 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I was running through WK one day. Just passing through to NK but I saw the werewolf running in front of me killing a bandit on the path. I've tangled with werewolves before (at lower lvl) so I just followed him (with a SOW) and watched him kill some stuff , couple bears, few beetles, but he kept in straight line all the way to what I thought was close to NK zone. I am was lvl 24 rogue at the time. He conned yellow. I decided to take him and had him to probably 50 hp but he hit me hard a couple times towards the end. Point being though...is that he stopped at this loc at zone area Neg 2616, Neg 15757. I just hope that helps anyone looking for quest.

Kardone
Lvl 24 Rogue
(Nocturnal Reign)
QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT
Quote:
luck of the trollish
#Dec 02 2001 at 3:50 PMRating: Decent
rugnir
6 posts
just last night i was helping my friend giuma (29 troll shaman on tribunal) get to everfrost for a part of her totemic guantlets quest, and as we raced towards the wk/qh zone i spotted said werewolf standing right next to the zone. my friend and i were kind of in a hurry, so we both just zoned right past (scale of wolf on of course). however, i didn't have time to con it, and since i tend to zone much faster than giuma...curiousity overwhelmed me (lvl 37 troll shaman) and i turned around and zoned right back in. i zoned back in and he was gone, so i ran back east into wk a little more and there he was headed east on the path. he conned blue to me, so i proceeded to sow myself and then root and slow him. got my scourge off, and then root broke. he hit hard (40s-50s if memory serves) but slow thanks to tagar's insects [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] since i had on quickness i was laying into him but he was starting to really ding me. i was about to re-root and back off when giuma zoned back in. i asked her for a heal and then quickly finished the werewolf off. excited, (having never killed a werewolf before) i looted, and got a lupine runed armband! nice rare item i can twink onto my lvl 6 woodelf ranger (dargath) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i was later told by my roommate that he spawns there every night at midnight (game-time), but that the armband is pretty rare drop and nice for monks. ahh i love being in the right place at the right time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WK AGGROING BANDITS
Quote:
Werewolves:2 Bandit Camp #3: 0
#May 16 2001 at 10:20 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I was witness to a rare occurance last night.

I'm a 17th level Halfling Cleric and was scouting out Bandit Camp #3 to see how dangerous it would be for me to raise my faction with "Karana Residents." (Never hunted bandits before.) Using my racial Hide and Sneak abilities I was saved from the slaughter that was brought down upon the whole Bandit camp as a Werewolf rampaged through from the west, as if he had come froim the shops at location #2 or that general direction.

After killing everyone, he sat and howled for a moment or two and then ran off to the east. I was chatting through the TELL command with a buddy of mine telling him about the event when either a second Werewolf, or the same one, came back! I believe it was another one since it appeared from the same direction. This second one showed up just as a few of the bandit's were respawning and he made short work of them. Then, if it was a second WW, he ran off in the same direction as the first one I saw.

Not wanting to press my luck I sat down to rememorize GATE so I could make a hasty retreat. And it's a good thing that I did, for as soon as I was done rememorizing, I saw a third Werewolf (or the same one) once again coming from the original direction of west as if running from the shops at #2 charging straight at me!! I cast GATE and made it out of there just as his Snarling mug filled up my screen !!

Now, knowing that the Werewolf conned red to me and the bandits conned a mix of blue and green, figuring out that the poor bandits didn't stand a chance wasn't what shocked me. What did was the realization of when it happened. After the first werewolf left I was talking to my friend as I said, and decided to see what time of day it was as it was early morning. Typing in "/time" I learned that it was 8AM EQ time!!
WEREWOLVES RUNNING RAMPANT DURING THE DAY!!

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON IN WESTERN KARANA !?!

THE NAMELESS server

RANNDAMIS

17th Level Halfling Cleric
QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT
Quote:
Still dropping
#Jun 07 2001 at 9:38 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Killed my first one 2 days ago in WK near QH zone. Dropped Werewolf pelt. Hard part of that quest (as has been noted in other locations) was tracking down Karg Icebear in Everfrost. WW con'd even to my 25 druid (no surprise).
QH ZONELINE PATHING
Quote:
Werewolf
#Jun 27 2001 at 7:01 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
i hate this thing whenever i enter WK it is like drawn to me.I entered WK with a group and just as we started to head out this thing rounded the corner and promptly ran us out of the zone.i had binded myself to this area one time(before he acted as a magnet to me)and i regreted it ever since this one day.i was killing baobob and chanda miller in Qeynos hills(i love high leveled friends)((i need help on what could get my faction up with them because i don't fell safe traveling in Qeynos hills anymore heh heh))and i accidentlygot killed by Chanda.i spawned in WK zoned into QH and before i got to my corpse i was ambushed by 3 dread skels and was killed in around 45seconds,i spawned into WK(AGAIN)and RIGHT there in front of me was the WW he finished me off promtly and i turned off my computer VERY QUICKLY after that because i would continue to die.ever since then he has been drawn to me and i RARELY enter WK anymore i get a TP past that area if i want to go somewhere else from now on. Spander 16 season Cleric
KITH AGGROING KODIAK
Quote:
What the? Uh oh.
#Jul 25 2001 at 2:16 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I rememmber once I was strolling through kithicore, glancing around nervously becasuse i was lvl 9 at the time, when i saw a kodiac charging towards me. I turned and ran until i realized that he wan't chasing me. I turned around and saw something gray following bear, i clicked and it says werewolf. i wasn't thinking at the time, so i decided to con it, but was at bad angle, conned bear instead. i started to get closer, then wondered why that bear was hauling @ss. I click on him again, he's about 1/8 health left, by now walking, and thats when I realize that werewolf wasn't following the bear for some reason, it was CHASING it. As you know, if a kodiak can beat the snot out of a lvl 9 pally, what would something that could bring that down do? ---------------------------> Screaming and yelling all the way.
AGGROING NPCS
Quote:
RE: Spawns
#Nov 26 2000 at 12:00 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I've been taking the WK werewolf regularly.

His most common spawn time seems to be midnight, but he can spawn any time after darkness falls. I was told that sometimes another werewolf or even two will spawn when the first one is killed but I haven't seen it happen.

If he is not killed immediately he usually goes towards the bandit farm, then up to the bandit camp on the hill above it. He will kill bandits, bears lions and any players who don't run fast enough.
QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT
Quote:
#Oct 27 2000 at 5:26 AMRating: Good
Anonymous
Anonymous

Both kills I got nothing more than money. 3pp+ then 1pp+. No loot otherwise. As a 24 Druid it con'd an easy blue to me.... I'm still waiting to see how the WK one cons. At least now I know the spawn area for him.. it's consistent with when I was killed at the QH zone previously... even being high up on the ridge looking down a bit out of the zone, hoping it'd keep on going, didn't matter. That hairball was right up the side and after me, so the aggro range is pretty big.

Silje Kyrkjebrenner
Druid, level 24
Bristlebane
QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT
Quote:
WW pelt
#Jul 13 2000 at 2:12 AMRating: Decent
Wenadin of Povar
Anonymous
camped bandit farm a lot for cash my theory: ww spawns at wk/qhills zone most the time but i killed it 3 times when it spawned by farm got pelt twice. the ww was blue to me at 20 first time i killed it, blk 2nd time (had help)& blue 3rd time at 21. ww that spawns by zone IS higher lvl.
WK PATHING
Quote:
Werewolf
#Jul 07 2000 at 10:47 AMRating: Decent
Marinoni Oakenshield
Anonymous
I was also doing the blessed oil quest (to raise faction to do the Aegis of Life quest) when I was medding by the tree by the path to Qeynos Hills by Brother Estle when I was jumped by a werewolf, it was around 4:00 am. I am a 35th level cleric, he was green, but still packed quite a punch. I received exp for the kill but did not drop anything. Just added my 2cp.
QH SPAWNPOINT LION PH
Quote:
werewolf spawn
#Jun 25 2000 at 6:07 AMRating: Decent
lienu
Anonymous
This may be a total coincidence but i was doing the blessed oil quest to raise my faction, im a high elf, and after i gave the oil to Brother Estle i turned to run back to Qeynos and im looking a Werewolf in the eyes, being a lvl 5 cleric i didnt last very long at all. So i got my stuff and did the quest a few more times and another time a lion was there. Like i said it might just be a coincidence but dieing a few times the same exact way has me believing it might just be a random spawn thing that happens when you do that quest......who knows??

PLACEHOLDERS AT QH SPAWNPOINT
Quote:
Spawns
#Jun 20 2000 at 4:09 PMRating: Decent
Walil
Anonymous
I camp the WereWolf spawn in west Karnana in one place. At the zone entrance to Q hills the werewolf seems to spawn at either 10:00pm or 4:00am. In its place will either be a lion or one of te paladin runners.
The other place I have seen one spawn was in the west commonlands near the lake by Kithcoor. I am not sure exactly where this one spawned because we happened upon it while it was killing a Grizzly.
As for the levels. The West Karana spawn has been level 25 everytime I have killed it. The wolf is the commonlands conned white to me my bard at 19h. I was gouped with a 20th monk and we handled it with no problem.
Out of the 10 or so I have killed mostly in WK only one has dropped anything. I did get the lupine claw for the gloves which was nice. Finding Karg was a pain though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Hope this helps some people.
QH ZONELINE PATHING
Quote:
WW Spawn
#Jun 14 2000 at 2:26 PMRating: Decent
Glykera
Anonymous
I haven't had the pleasure of actually "seeing" the WW yet, but was sitting at the zone in WK, took a break for about 3 mins, went back to the computer and the last thing i read was "YOU have been slain by a werewolf", lol, so i guess it does spawn at the zone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT AND TIME AND % VS PLACEHOLDERS
Quote:
Werewolves
#Jun 06 2000 at 10:44 AMRating: Decent
Chubby
Anonymous
To date i've killed 37 werewolves, 36 in wk and on just out of luck in wc. The one in wc dropped the claw which i have since turned into guantlets. Of the other 36 i've killed at the qeynos hills zone in wk, seems to be he spawns roughly 60percent of the time. always between midnight and five am game time. So far i have looted only two lupine armbands and have yet to see the collar. Not sure his lvl but very green to me at lvl 38. Since im camping the two corrupt guards i usually try to scoot over around midnight. Most of the time theses guys are a plain waste of time but hey you just have to hope for a talon one day.

Chubby Buddabelly
38th season Druid
Luclin server
QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT
Quote:
Loot
#May 30 2000 at 5:28 AMRating: Decent
Bandy
Anonymous
I have camped the werewolf in WK almost exclusively lately, and have killed him 20 to 25 times. He dropped loot twice a lupine armband and a pelt. I camp at the QH zone and most nights he will spawn between 9pm and 7am, other nights he either doesnt spawn at all or spawns elsewhere in the zone.

34th Season Druid, Bristlebane
QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT
Quote:
#May 17 2000 at 6:44 PMRating: Decent
Athief Legacy
Anonymous
I have killed the WW in Commons about oh, 3 times, I've seen him/her spawn at the Kith zone, but only once. In West Karana I've camped repeatedly the spawn at the zone. Never got the other people speak of. NOT ONE SINGLE SPAWN DROPPED A **** THING !!!!!!!! Really ****** me off. Haven't seen the named one in Karana's though, but when I get more info, I'll post it.
DIFFERING SPAWN LOCATIONS
Quote:
Spawn in WK
#Apr 10 2000 at 2:56 PMRating: Decent
Trajan
Anonymous
I know of at least 2 spawn locations in WK. One is near the bandit farm, and the other is in the valley where the bandits spawn. I think that the wolf alternates spawns every night. I am not certain about that though. I have camped in WK for several days, killed many WW's and never found my claws.
POSSIBLE SPAWNPOINT CHANGE
Quote:
change of spawn in WK
#Apr 06 2000 at 5:50 PMRating: Decent
Sajar
Anonymous
Apparently (atleast on Tunare server), the spawn place ahs changed to be between tower 2 and the ogre camp... also at any dark hour (maning from 8pm to 5am)... does anyone know spawn position in WC ?
QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT
Quote:
WW and LOC
#Mar 20 2000 at 11:56 AMRating: Decent
Tagem
Anonymous
if you will wait for him at the zone to qeynos hills, he spawns between 3-5am game time. Every time i have killed him twice in 2 days he has dropped a Lupine armband....
QH ZONELINE SPAWNPOINT AND AGGROING OTHER NPCS
Quote:
werewolf spawn
#Feb 22 2000 at 6:54 PMRating: Decent
Fandib
Anonymous
I have noticed a disturbing trend with the werewolf spawn in Western Karana. It appears right at the zone line between WK and the Qeynos hills, meaning the lower levels part of the zone. So be warned. It also kills a lot of NPCs and runs strait down the path to tower 2. So watch out as most are not high enough levels to take it.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

*tips fedora to Ennewi*
Old 02-20-2019, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Default bump

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-12536.html

Tejaye
11-05-2005, 11:22 PM
My first Werewolf encounter was as a lvl 14 Mage in December 1999 at the Derv camp in West Commons, a Werewolf attacked me a 2 other newbies. Our lvl 16 Warrior helped us kill it. Man what a fight. I recall when they would "re-pop" a zone and announce it, when you were hunting in that zone i think the mobs spawn cycles would start over. From what i recall in March 2000 this happened in South Karana at the spires, after the re-pop announcement we got attacked by a werewolf. I had no idea at the time that werewolves lived in SK. My last encouncter with a Werewolf was when i just turned lvl 24 and I travelled around Norrath killing everything i could that night. I recall running into TWO yellow conned Werewolves in close proximity in West Karana. I had never heard of TWO of them travelling together. I singled kited both of them and I thought I was such a tough guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...2&p=2#comments

Hunting Spots
#Aug 23 2000 at 10:57 AMRating: Excellent
Quimby
10 posts
Level 5 - 8:
Lions, Wolves & Bears. Young Lions, Brown Bears and the like are all great experience at these levels. If soloing stay just out of the guards "help" radius. If in trouble simply run toward the guards. If you are coming from Qeynos Hills, don't stray too far out yet as roaming brigand or grizzly sometimes surprise you if too far out. Another danger is a Werewolf that spawns near the Qeynos Hills zone. Werewolves are too high level for you to even think about engaging at this level.

Travel tip for passing through
#Sep 13 2000 at 3:13 PMRating: Decent
Sage
Scholar
18 posts
The safest way through the zone is to stay near the water. Stay near the QH zone border when coming to or from Qeynos Hills. In other words, keep to the south or west zone edges.

If you're under level 10, you take a big risk on the path traveling between the Qeynos area and North Karana. It's best to go this way until you reach your 20's. Even then, an occasional hill giant may make you wish you went the other way (I've never
seen a HG by the water).

The one thing to watch out for is the werewolf at night near the QH zone border. If you're too low to take him out, your best bet is to zone. If you run the other way, head for the first guard tower, but he's going to be hitting on you instead of the
guards. They'll still take a while to kill him.

The only creatures you typically see along the water are farmers, who seem to like to stare at the river.

https://web.archive.org/web/20011101...tby=2#Comments

Submited by: Anonymous On: 7/28/2001 2:44:01 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
first note, you CAN outrun him with sow, and he's not THAT tough. i soloed him when i dinged 25(hadta get revenge cuz he killed me while i was medding on the big rock near zone to QH...i was AFK making chicken =( ) but anyways, i was passin through WK and it was 11pm, so i decided to camp it. i saw it spawn at zone to QH and instantly rooted it, malise, 2 dots, run far away and med, then when root broke i stood up rooted and reapplied dots as needed. took about 5 minutes total to take him down...btw conned blue to me at 25

Cartox
Shaman of the 30th ding
The Rathe

Submited by: Anonymous On: 7/26/2001 10:19:00 PM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
I am a certified werewolf hunter, or at least I was while I still played. The werewolf spawns in WK, at the zone to QH. He shows up there at first at 8pm game time and then after he is killed shows up 2 hours later. Meaning if he spawns at 8pm and you kill him at 10pm, he will respawn the next night at 12am. When his new spawn is at or around 5am, he will NOT spawn the next night (guess he takes the day off). The following night he will start again at 8pm. He is constantly lvl 27 (conned white to my monk)and he does not change at all, no matter what anyone else says. He is a tough bastard and hits fast, but if you can make him run and he hits the zone wall, he will sit there and do nothing. Also there is a wandering werewolf that sometimes runs around the ogre encampment. He mostly dies to them, but if they are not there, he runs free and terrorises the populace.

To my knowledge, he has no set spawn time or pattern of movement. You NEED a tracker to find him, or you must be extremely lucky (he seems to find low lvl chars faster tho). The one in WC spawns when you kill the skeletons around the water, and I have gotten that to work a lot of the time, and that werewolf is a lot lower in lvl too. I soloed him at lvl 22. He spawns at the zone to Kithicor woods and runs around to romp and play with the dervs I have seen there. As far as loot is concerned, you get some plat from either one and rarely do you get the lupine armband, werewolf cloak, or werewolf claws. Read about those items if you want to know what they do. I do not have any info on the ones in MM since everytime I went there, they undead beat me to death rather quickly. I hope this post helps fellow werewolf hunters.

Submited by: Ori On: 7/25/2001 10:20:38 PM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
People need to learn the art of running and jumping as you run... it makes you move a little quicker when you jump. Just a tip.

I'm a 27 war now, when I hit 30 I am getting some revenge hehe. Of course I'll bring my lovely wife along for the fun[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Luckily the first time I saw one of these at the QH zone, I had a 55 pala with me, which wasted him effortlessly in a few hits
since he was doing doubles of 130 or so on him:P
Old 02-27-2019, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

I remember them being vastly more rare than they are now which would lead me to believe they had placeholders. A WW pelt was prized and never vendored. You kept it until you could find Karg Icebear to get the werewolf cloak.

I also remember being attacked by them zoning into WK from NK so they probably had multiple spawn locations or much larger pathing.

In NK, currently there is one spawn location and you can just camp that spot during the night and get 4-5 werewolf kills before it turns to day and they despawn. Grimtooth does spawn in his place from time to time but I believe that is the only PH.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20011207...e9/name/W.html

16:02:00 Dec 07, 2001

Quote:
Name Zone Name Level HP Race Class Position(s)
werewolf, a Castle Mistmoore 27 - 32 940 - 1266 Highpass Citizen Warrior (-160,-7), (-158,-103), (-141,-17)
werewolf, a Kithicor Woods 18 - 21 570 - 630 Highpass Citizen Warrior (-399,1756), (233,1800), (-389,1352), (210,1382)
werewolf, a Southern Plains of Karana 31 1171 Highpass Citizen Warrior (-6149,-1085)
werewolf, a West Commonlands 19 - 22 590 - 650 Highpass Citizen Warrior (972,3412), (-229,802), (146,-284)
werewolf, a Western Plains of Karana 25 910 Highpass Citizen Warrior (-2133,-3785)

https://web.archive.org/web/20001215...html?mobID=149

Quote:
Posted By: Sinjyn 2000-06-15 07:12:10
I have ben killed many times at the Qeynos Hills zone by a trained Werewolf as a newbie. Oh, hehe and also in WC. : P

https://web.archive.org/web/20001213...ID=1015&page=2

Quote:
Posted By: Lluadin Strongbow 2000-04-29 02:54:31
Heres another lucky story. Ive hunted this werewolf in west karana while hunting the ghoul messenger in the past. Only once coming across the werewolf within range near the ogres. Ive know that this was a drop from the werewolf but with no luck for it. Just tonight I zoned into WK form qeyhills and it jumped me. I quickly snared it, cast damage shield on myself, dot it and killed it with melee. Lo and behold theres the armband. It looks like a serp bracer. NO ac Dex3 and Agil3. I took a 7ac hit but the ivy armor, barearm, serp bracer look is kind of cool. Ill see how it works out without no arm armor.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010524...iption&Id=1001

12:02:24 May 24, 2001

Quote:
30 MAGE - TORVO, By Linyen

I looted this item off of a WereWolf in West Karana near the Qeynos Hills Zone. Nice Item.

https://web.archive.org/web/20000424.../howto/40.html

Quote:
8 . "Lycanthropes"
Posted by verity on Jun-10-99 at 08:53 AM (EST)
Try the very south west corner of west karana. There should be 2 that regen there at night
Remove this Message: Administrator and Moderator onlyClick to Send Alert Message to the Administrator Click to edit this messageClick here to reply to this messageClick here to reply to this message with quotesClick to goto the Table of Contents

9 . "re:"
Posted by Sluggo on Jun-13-99 at 09:55 PM (EST)
West Karana huh.. went there last night.. its water and stuff. Couldn't find a spot where they would spawn.. unless its not a normal 'spawn' point?
Sluggo

Remove this Message: Administrator and Moderator onlyClick to Send Alert Message to the Administrator Click to edit this messageClick here to reply to this messageClick here to reply to this message with quotesClick to goto the Table of Contents

10 . "Told you wrong"
Posted by Verity on Jun-16-99 at 08:09 AM (EST)
Sorry I meant to say along the north zone wall shortly before you zone into north karana. You will find a massive oak looking tree. There was/is 2 lycanthropes that spawn there.

11 . "Lycanthropes again"
Posted by Verity on Jun-16-99 at 08:19 AM (EST)
That is to say some time back while running a level 1 from qeynos I came accross these 2 werewolfs I was running zone wall left in west karanas a little further on I ran into 3 npcs a dwarf a barbarian and another race which I do not remember. They were along the zone wall and a little past the huge tree where the lycans were. When talking to the barbarian he gives you some story about they are hunting werewolves ect ect... and basically gives you a quest of some type. Not much help to a necro as you would be KoS if you approached them. This memory is from over a month ago and that is all I recall.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010512.../pslg4402.html

18:55:52 May 12, 2001

Quote:
4402 Werewolf couldn't be found ... Ronsyu E-mail 6 / 14-21: 58

I'm looking for Werewolf in W Karana for 3 items now, but I can't find
it.
Isn't the POP location etc. decided in particular?
I'm looking for a rough point based on the information I searched for, but is Tracking
essential?

4403 Re: Werewolf couldn't be found ... Laramane @ karana 6 / 15-01: 37
Comment on article number 4402
Ronsyu wrote in No.4402 "Werewolf could not be found ...".
> Isn't the POP location etc. decided in particular?

There are two werewolf pop locations in WK.

One is in a narrow valley road from WK to Q Hills.
You'll be in the valley for a while.
I think the time he often goes out in the middle of the night of EQ time.

The other is much better than NK. I don't know the exact pop location here , but after a short walk
from NK to WK,
I think he's INN, somehow with a hut.

> I'm looking for a rough point based on the information I searched for.
> Is Tracking essential?

At least Q Hills people can meet in the valley at night, so
I don't think they need tracking. ^^)

4405 Re: Thank you! Ronsyu 6 / 15-03: 05
Comment on article number 4403
Laramane @ karana wrote in No.4403 "Re: Werewolf could not be found ...".
> Ronsyu wrote in No.4402 "Werewolf couldn't be found ...".
>> Isn't the POP location decided in particular?
>>
WK has two werewolf pop locations.
>>
> You will be in the valley for a while.
> Time I think he often goes out in the middle of the night of EQ time.
>>
Another place is much better than NK. I don't know the exact pop location here , but I think it's
just a short walk from NK to WK> INN where there is a hut. >>> I'm looking for a rough point based on the information I searched for, but >> Is Tracking essential? >> At least Q Hills people can meet in the valley at night, so I don't think they need tracking. ^^) I will stick to it in the valley. It was this that was often killed by Werewolf around the guard tower (^^;

4406 Re: Additional question: Do you have a PH? Ronsyu 6 / 15-08: 01
Comment on article number 4405
Ronsyu wrote in No.4405 "Re: Thank you!".
> Laramane @ karana wrote in No.4403 "Re: Werewolf couldn't be found ...".
>> Ronsyu wrote in No.4402 "Werewolf couldn't be found ...".
>>> Isn't the POP location etc. decided in particular?
>>>>
WK has two werewolf pop locations.
>>>>
>> I'm just in the valley.
>> Time I think he often goes out in the middle of the night of EQ time.
>>
>> Another place is much better than NK. I don't know the exact pop location here
, but I went along the road from NK to WK and went a little
>> I think he's INN or something like a hut.
>>
>>> I'm looking for a rough point based on the information I searched for, but
>>> Is Tracking essential?
>>
>> At least Q Hills people can meet at night in the valley
>> I don't think you need tracking.
^^) >>
I will stick to it in the valley.
> It was this that was often killed by Werewolf around the guard tower (^^;

I was waiting a long time while tracking in the valley, but I only encountered it once.
PH Shall we?

4409 Re: Additional question: Do you have a PH? Tanta @ Vee 6 / 15-11: 15
Comment on article number 4406 Well, instead of a fixed pop, I will run along the road
after popping at the Zone of Q.Hill
, so if you sit around the first corner of the canyon, you will attack without permission. .. So it seems that there is no PH. It seems that the time will be off by a large amount, so you should be able to meet once from around 20:00 to the morning . # It's also the path of LowLVPlayer, so if you defeat it, it's called Cool # It feels a little good (w)

https://github.com/dbsanfte/eq-archi...html/1055.html

Quote:
eq-archives/mailing-lists/EQ-Monks/html/1055.html
@dbsanfte
dbsanfte More websites and add HTML exports of mailing lists
Latest commit d117f34 on Jan 7, 2020
History
1 contributor
121 lines (121 sloc) 5.34 KB

[<a href='1056.html'>Next Message in Time</a>] |
[<a href='1054.html'>Previous Message in Time</a>] |
[<a href='0.html'>Next Message in Topic</a>] |
[<a href='1054.html'>Previous Message in Topic</a>] <br/><br/>
<b>Message ID:</b> 1055 <br/>
<b>Date:</b> Thu Dec 9 22:22:32 GMT 1999 <br/>
<b>Author:</b> Lombard.Mikhael <br/>
<b>Subject:</b> RE: Werewolf Claw <br/>
<br/><br/>
<div id="ygrps-yiv-996349699">I have heard so many werewolf stories those damn things have almost become<br/>
mythical. =) <br/>
<br/>
-----Original Message-----<br/>
From: Crysarra de'Danann [mailto:<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:lucretia_71@...">lucretia_71@...</a>]<br/>
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 9:16 AM<br/>
To: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:EQ-Monks@onelist.com">EQ-Monks@onelist.com</a><br/>
Subject: Re: [EQ-Monks] Werewolf Claw<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
From: Crysarra de'Danann &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:lucretia_71@...">lucretia_71@...</a>&gt;<br/>
<br/>
let me add a bit here. Last night I was sitting..minding my own<br/>
business...right at the zone to qeynos..you know the place....right<br/>
next to that bug where you get bounced back to the hills when someone<br/>
is zoning at the same time as you....<br/>
anyway i am just sitting there medding and talking when out of nowhere<br/>
i get smacked by a werewolf!! there were several other ppl standing<br/>
close to me too so i think it spawned right there as i was sitting<br/>
there. so yeah...I think there is a spawn spot there.
and as luck<br/>
would have it i have killed 3 werewolves ever and NONE of them ever<br/>
dropped a damn thing! worthless things they are [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]<br/>
<br/>
Crysarra<br/>
e'ci<br/>
<br/>
--- Sheldon Jolson &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:Sheldon_Jolson@...">Sheldon_Jolson@.. .</a>&gt; wrote:<br/>
<blockquote><span title="ireply"> &gt; <br/>
&gt; <br/>
&gt; That is a separate spawn site. I don't know if it is static though<br/>
&gt; there is a werewolf spawn in that area.
<br/>
&gt; <br/>
&gt; From: &quot;Dizzy J.&quot; &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:dizzyj@...">dizzyj@...</a>&gt;<br/>
&gt; <br/>
&gt; I heard that the 2 bandits that sit in the middle of the path in wk<br/>
&gt; are<br/>
&gt; place holders for wearwolves...donno for a fact tho...<br/>
&gt; <br/>
&gt; On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Sheldon Jolson wrote:<br/>
&gt; <br/>
&gt; &gt; From: &quot;Sheldon Jolson&quot; &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:Sheldon_Jolson@...">Sheldon_Jolson@.. .</a>&gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt; If you don't mind a long boring camp, werewolves spawn at the<br/>
&gt; qeynos<br/>
&gt; &gt; hills zone in west karana. They are a little less frequent than<br/>
&gt; one per night<br/>
&gt; &gt; but I've seen them as early as 7PM and as late as 5AM.
Claws are<br/>
&gt; VERY<br/>
&gt; &gt; rare.<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt; &quot;Lombard.Mikhael&quot; &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:Mikhael_Lombard@...">Mikhael_Lombard@ ...</a>&gt; on 12/07/99 06:12:46<br/>
&gt; PM<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt; Please respond to <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:EQ-Monks@onelist.com">EQ-Monks@onelist.com</a><br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt; To: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:EQ-Monks@onelist.com">EQ-Monks@onelist.com</a><br/>
&gt; &gt; cc: (bcc: Sheldon Jolson/TheGuardian)<br/>
&gt; &gt; Subject: [EQ-Monks] Werewolf Claw<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt; From: &quot;Lombard.Mikhael&quot; &lt;<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:Mikhael_Lombard@...">Mikhael_Lombard@ ...</a>&gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt; Hi all, I have decided that it is time for me to complete something<br/>
&gt; I have<br/>
&gt; &gt; set out to do for quite some time. And that is to get a freaking<br/>
&gt; Werewolf<br/>
&gt; &gt; claw. Now being one that does not like to run around in the stupid<br/>
&gt; West<br/>
&gt; &gt; Commonlands, or West Karana asking repetitively anyone have a<br/>
&gt; werewolf on<br/>
&gt; &gt; tracking let me know! I got so bored and tired so I have decided to<br/>
&gt; go to<br/>
&gt; &gt; Mistmoore and try to get to the dance floor. Now I have been to MM<br/>
&gt; quite a<br/>
&gt; &gt; few times but I have never been inside the castle barely even down<br/>
&gt; the ramp<br/>
&gt; &gt; towards the castle. mainly the Grave Yard and the zone line. Now I<br/>
&gt; would<br/>
&gt; &gt; like some help on any suggestions or tips as to what to go or how<br/>
&gt; to go<br/>
&gt; &gt; about getting to the Dance Room with the Gypsies/Werewolves....i.e.<br/>
&gt; party<br/>
&gt; &gt; make up and level or a site where there might be a map. Thanks for<br/>
&gt; your<br/>
&gt; &gt; help.<br/>
&gt; &gt;<br/>
&gt; &gt; Kaladiel<br/>
&gt; &gt; 39th Level Monk<br/>
&gt; &gt; Brell Serilis<br/>

https://web.archive.org/web/20000606....shtml?ID=1018

Quote:
Posted By: Tsharr 2000-03-26 04:15:25
just got one off a werewolf in W Karana that conned blue to me at 23... All the other werewolves i have fought conned red to me..
Old 03-15-2022, 03:53 AM
Planar Protector

There was at least one werewolf that spawned just little ways east of that camp thats farily near the zone entrance to Qhills. it has a merchant at it if i recall right. maybe a 30-40 second run from that little camp with SoW due east a little north.

most peoples "werewolf encounters" in that zone were the result of people aggroing the werewolf and then quickly running back to the qhill zone exit... now the werewolf would take a very slow an awkward/meandering pathing trip to return to his spawn point/area that involvedlslowly lumbering down the main path. becuse of how much foot traffic was in/near that area the werewolf would end up being ping ponged in pathing loop-- either by killing low level players or being trained back to qhills to start the cycle anew.

the whole situation reminded me of the bouncers being trained to the cazic thule temple entrance and then hanging around that area, often stuck in a sort of meandering pathing loop and/or lizard killing loops. that was not their actual normal pathing behavior to be hanging around out there though many though it so.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

There are also comments dated well beyond the classic trilogy era which suggest that the spawn locations weren't changed, so it's possible even the pathing still remains the same on live.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040908....shtml?id=2711

Quote:
WK Reply...
Posted @ Fri, Jun 11th 10:08 PM 2004
By: GrimfeatherDragon
23 posts
Score: Decent [3.00]
A while back at night I saw one werewolf run from bandit camp in WK to QH zoneline.
Quote:
Not that rare Reply...
Posted @ Sun, Sep 29th 4:07 PM 2002
By: Nelian
1 posts
I've seen the werewolf many times in WK. I've hunted a good bit there--mostly scarecrow hunting from lvl 16-20, and of course the occasional bandit farm. In that time, I saw the werewolf twice at guard tower 2, once at one of the shops where Innkeep Danin took him out. As a high elf mage, child of Tunare, I thought it was only appropriate to show Mr. Danin my gratitude--oh wait, forget I said that. Back to the wolf--I've seen him near the bandit farmhouse once, where he took me out at 16 in a few whacks. I was with a wiz who did a lesser evac. He made it out, I didn't, stuck with the wolf. Oh well, one more name on the revenge list. Then, we were hunting the bandit hill near the farm. Message: Werewolf hits YOU for 76 points of damage. I run, wolfie takes out the bandits--damn, less sashes for me, but oh, I can gate now. You have entered North Qeynos. Whew!

Now, I'm level 30. Come to WK from NK, and I meet with my wiz friend at the zone line. He lesser evacs us to the QH zone line. Werewolf pops right behind me, but no pet! Wiz blasts him, wolf runs to wiz. I blast wolf, he comes to me. Not the most organized operation, but hey, it worked! Werewolf down, and a whole 9 silver to split. Bazaar, here I come!

By the way, my faction with werewolf got worse. How do I fix that?
Quote:
Spawn Reply...
Posted @ Sat, Jul 13th 11:43 PM 2002
By: Chompr
38 posts
I tested this many times. At 12midnight a werewolfe spawns near the zone to Queynos Hills, in West Karana. Hope that helps someone.

Osir , Barbarian Shaman
Level 32
Mithanial Marr Sever
Quote:
RE: Werewolf form spell? Reply...
Posted @ Mon, Jul 8th 11:00 PM 2002
By: Raymend
9 posts
Umm, well you can always run like hell! And Enchanters get this spell at 25-40 i think, i found a werewolf at the ent from qyenos hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most peoples "werewolf encounters" in that zone were the result of people aggroing the werewolf and then quickly running back to the qhill zone exit... now the werewolf would take a very slow an awkward/meandering pathing trip to return to his spawn point/area that involvedlslowly lumbering down the main path. becuse of how much foot traffic was in/near that area the werewolf would end up being ping ponged in pathing loop-- either by killing low level players or being trained back to qhills to start the cycle anew.
It actually seemed to be a conscious decision made by the developers, going out of their way to see that at least one mob pathed to and/or spawned at a certain zoneline in order to prevent players from congregating there and going AFK/LFG. Gynok Moltor and its PHs were added in beta and testers immediately picked up on the reasoning behind that. Fippy Darkpaw and company did much of the same, preventing newbies from feeling entirely safe while sitting near the city gates. In Runnyeye Citadel, Borxx would also path directly up to the Gorge of King Xxorb zoneline, indicating a connection between her and Xxorb besides the similarity of their names.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...5&p=3#comments

Quote:
Borxx is a level 30 to 35 Evil Eye in Runnyeye. She wanders the zone, usually making a beeline for the entrance to Beholders Maze shortly after spawning. Like the other Evil Eyes in Runnyeye, she is an enchanter with a pet.
Quote:
Borxx
#Feb 20 2000 at 11:14 AMRating: Decent
Anonymous
Anonymous
Borxx is a female, her hubby, Xorbb is the king. "Gorge of King Xorbb"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the whole situation reminded me of the bouncers being trained to the cazic thule temple entrance and then hanging around that area, often stuck in a sort of meandering pathing loop and/or lizard killing loops. that was not their actual normal pathing behavior to be hanging around out there though many though it so.
Agreed, and there had to be occasions where that happened in WK. But too many comments exist where high level players mention actively camping it or witnessing it/its placeholder spawn.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030330...ode=35&id=6129

Quote:
Submited by: Anonymous On: 1/29/2001 10:07:32 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
The werewolf in WK spawns anytime between 9pm and 12am game time, He only spawns once a day (game time not real time)!! He spawns right near the zoneline to Qeynos hills, he is mid 20's. He is not 40 because he's green to me at 36. Don't know about the rest of the zones. I have killed him 5 times so far and gotten nothing but money each time. I will continue to hunt him till I get that god forsaken pelt/skin whatever.

36 Druid of Xegony
Numaeldar
https://web.archive.org/web/20000706....shtml?id=2711

Quote:
34th Season Druid, Bristlebane By: Athief Legacy
Posted on: Wednesday, May 17 - 7:44 PM Score: 1
I have killed the WW in Commons about oh, 3 times, I've seen him/her spawn at the Kith zone, but only once. In West Karana I've camped repeatedly the spawn at the zone. Never got the other people speak of. NOT ONE SINGLE SPAWN DROPPED A DAMN THING !!!!!!!! Really pisses me off. Haven't seen the named one in Karana's though, but when I get more info, I'll post it.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:45 PM
Aviak

For what it's worth, I just spent a few hours on live sitting near the QH zoneline, trying to verify the paladin runner drops (which drops beads and which drops the necklace). I had the lion and werewolf spawn a few times and they were spawning pretty close to the zoneline. One comment says the werewolf spawns at midnight, I think that's probably right. The lion seems like the PH during the day. Anyways here's my kill log for the few hours I sat there, I don't believe the lion/werewolf share a spawn with the paladins. Also a bandit spawned there too, no idea if he's involved :

[Tue Apr 05 19:19:36 2022] Kyle Rinlin has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 19:33:42 2022] Ronly Jogmill has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 19:43:12 2022] A werewolf has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 19:43:50 2022] Game Time: Sunday, December 01, 3174 - 12 AM
[Tue Apr 05 19:47:35 2022] Quegin Hadder has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 20:01:31 2022] Habastash Gikin has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 20:15:18 2022] Kyle Rinlin has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 20:15:32 2022] A plains lion has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 20:28:52 2022] Tolony Marle has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 20:42:22 2022] Kobot Dellin has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 20:55:51 2022] Parcil Vinder has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 21:03:57 2022] A bandit has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 21:09:12 2022] Kobot Dellin has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 21:22:32 2022] Quegin Hadder has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 21:35:51 2022] Habastash Gikin has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 21:49:11 2022] Lander Billkin has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 22:02:31 2022] Gomo Limerin has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 22:06:03 2022] A werewolf has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 22:15:50 2022] Kobot Dellin has been slain by Xibann!
[Tue Apr 05 22:29:12 2022] Kobot Dellin has been slain by Xibann!

That being said, I remember that werewolf being a problem back when I was a newb in qeynos in 1999/2000. I always thought someone trained the QH zoneline right before I zoned in, but now that I see how it behaves on live, I'm certain it just spawned there.
Last edited by Elroz; 04-05-2022 at 11:48 PM..
Old 04-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Aviak

Couple more hours of WK farming, I sat at the spawn point (it actually spawns right at the QH zoneline) this time with the intent of figuring out the spawns as well as filling out the paladin drops better. It looks like there's 3 cycles : Paladins (13 minutes exact), Bandit (No idea), werewolf/lion (31 minutes 20 seconds'ish). I'm assuming it'll spawn as a werewolf between 8:00pm and 7:59am game time, and a plains lion between 8:00am and 7:59pm game time.

[Fri Apr 08 15:01:37 2022] A werewolf has been slain by Xibann!
[Fri Apr 08 15:09:53 2022] You have slain Gomo Limerin!
[Fri Apr 08 15:22:53 2022] A bandit has been slain by Xibann!
[Fri Apr 08 15:23:05 2022] Tolony Marle has been slain by Xibann!
[Fri Apr 08 15:32:57 2022] Game Time: Sunday, February 01, 3175 - 1 PM
[Fri Apr 08 15:33:09 2022] A plains lion has been slain by Xibann!
[Fri Apr 08 15:36:12 2022] You have slain Quegin Hadder!
[Fri Apr 08 15:49:21 2022] You have slain Gomo Limerin!
[Fri Apr 08 16:02:28 2022] You have slain Habastash Gikin!
[Fri Apr 08 16:04:36 2022] You have slain a werewolf!
[Fri Apr 08 16:04:35 2022] Game Time: Sunday, February 01, 3175 - 11 PM
[Fri Apr 08 16:06:10 2022] You have slain a bandit!
[Fri Apr 08 16:15:34 2022] You have slain Tolony Marle!
[Fri Apr 08 16:28:41 2022] You have slain Grebin Sneztop!
[Fri Apr 08 16:36:00 2022] Game Time: Monday, February 02, 3175 - 10 AM
[Fri Apr 08 16:36:01 2022] You have slain a plains lion!
[Fri Apr 08 16:41:51 2022] You have slain Kyle Rinlin!
[Fri Apr 08 16:55:02 2022] You have slain Gomo Limerin!
[Fri Apr 08 17:07:26 2022] Game Time: Monday, February 02, 3175 - 8 PM
[Fri Apr 08 17:07:27 2022] You have slain a werewolf!
[Fri Apr 08 17:08:10 2022] You have slain Ronly Jogmill!
[Fri Apr 08 17:21:15 2022] You have slain Ronly Jogmill!

hope that helps
Old 04-08-2022, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

I knew I was gonna have to redraw my pathing maps eventually