Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I wouldn't even roll a knight without being able to twink them well. But if you insist on playing one on a low budget, then you're probably best off with a full set of crusty.
Why? I’m playing an Erudite SK not for convenience or for being the server’s best. I’m doing it for the challenge, nostalgia, and sense of accomplishment. This is the only “twinked” toon I’ve ever made or played. What I currently have has already made it vastly easier than what I am used to.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

There was a time when starting with full bronze and fine steel was twinking. Yea a fungi will speed up the journey but you can get a 30/40 2hb for 400p. For reference this was god loot at one point...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Soul_Le...Sword_of_Blood

Play what you want and how you want. Enjoy the journey or speed up the process.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

I used to solo Naggy on a 52 erudite shadow knight after clearing out the Giants with my 65 berserker.

Most of his stats were maxed, so the extra +5 racial magic resist was useful in case infusion of the faithful got dispelled.

I doubt such feats are possible in this era as I used a lot of +regen and +damage shield jewellery alongside ds potions and the heal over time familiar.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:35 AM
Fire Giant

ppl gotta stop discouraging the op, he obviously has a diff mindset than most of the min/max and hardcore nerds

@OP: i respect your idea for playing what you want and what you think is fun for you, only you can judge for yourself what a true fun gaming experience is.

if i were you, i'd go for the fashion - same color full set plate, a badass big slasher - get jboots if you can or sow pots - faster moving speed is always a bonus no matter what your goal is
Old 10-09-2018, 03:16 AM
Kobold

Eh, I'm really not sure why people discourage SK from soloing so much. I made my SK as a soloer AND my first and only character in p99 and it's worked out fine for me. I will say that for soloing I'd have lost my mind if I didn't play as a Troll though. The regen is too good and the high str really helps, but then again I just hate having med breaks so if you don't mind spending full mana pool and medding for 5 min back up again then I'm sure Erudite/DE is fine.

Also yes you do need some "twinking" unless you want to stare down the same mob for 5 minutes with a rusty halberd, but on p99 this "twinking" is rather easy to achieve. Just get a decent ratio weapon, some OKish AC, +str is a bonus and once you're 35 you should have enough for haste which is enough to get close to spectres which in turn is enough for 46+ and alot of pps. From there move on to guards and you are gucci. Blood ember gauntlets are great though I'll say that much.

OP, play however you want. I made a solo dex-based SK (I love proc weapons!) as my first char on p99 and if I had asked permission on the forums I'd be an unhappy Iksar Necro by now but Im not, I'm having fun playing the game my way and I'm not min-maxed or top lvl raid material but who gives a shit
Old 10-11-2018, 08:27 AM
Kobold

I went DE SK for my first character. I didn't dump all my stats in to just sta as I was thinking about being able to solo when groups were scarce, which I did. So many people told me I needed to reroll ogre.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_...dor_Delamuerte
Old 10-24-2018, 09:34 AM
Fire Giant

Curious how this journey is going? Is losing out on iksar regen a big deal?
Old 10-24-2018, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

When you're an erudite you can attribute every resisted spell cast on you to your extra 5 Mr like how ogres attribute every channeled bash to fsi!
Old 10-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappman123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, I'm really not sure why people discourage SK from soloing so much. I made my SK as a soloer AND my first and only character in p99 and it's worked out fine for me. I will say that for soloing I'd have lost my mind if I didn't play as a Troll though. The regen is too good and the high str really helps, but then again I just hate having med breaks so if you don't mind spending full mana pool and medding for 5 min back up again then I'm sure Erudite/DE is fine.
I don't know either, human sk first and only char, 56 epicced and going pretty well. Obviously slow but there are plenty of soloable content for us...
Old 10-25-2018, 07:26 AM
Kobold

I have also been leveling an erudite SK and spent initially about 1k on gear in the tunnel and then farmed a noct blade and atrimentous shield for her. I can honestly say that this has been the most fun class to play and I have alts of every class.

My journey so far consisted of 1-24 in the warrens, super easy maybe died 2x all together and banked all my money. At 24 I mad the trek to HHK and did goblins until 30 and then guards until 40. I made 4k off ear sales and FS weapons, could vendor to erudite in there and fd bank. I farmed a levi cloak and am still saving for jboots.

I then went to Sol A and did gnomes and clockworks to 44, just roaming down the tunnels killing. I have had no issues with regen as My mana replenishes very fast and I BW to 505 and then lifetap off greens to max so not much downtime despite no regen.

I chose erudite as I never played in warrens on live nor had an erudite. I wasn't worried about min maxing with my gear I have 181 str and close to 200 sta. I have moved into SolB to kill kobolds now and am anticipating moving to Kelethin or Rivervale at some point to murder guards again and get jboots.

Any other hunting spot tips gladly accepted[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread