Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Best faction path to SK epic for IKS?

Hi folks, can anyone recommend which factions I should focus on while leveling to make working on the epic a little easier? Any factions not to trash, factions to raise, etc.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

You won't need any faction work, just get the invis/ivu for the specific turn-ins listed in the wiki's guide.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

You do have to go into Paineel, so not being KOS there may be useful.

Slaughter the Warrens for a few hours.
Or Erudin guards.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Okay, similar question in a more general sense... which factions should I not foul up while leveling?
Old 01-14-2019, 07:12 PM
Banned

This server is over farmed and face roll difficulty atm
Old 01-15-2019, 04:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, similar question in a more general sense... which factions should I not foul up while leveling?
For an Iksar SK you will be hated most everywhere outside Cabalis until you get to Velious.

So not much to worry about I guess.

You do have to go to the SK guild in the Qeynos Catacombs for a turn-in during Epic, I am not sure what our faction is there or if we need to work it.

I (Ikky SK too), slaughtered the Halfers in Nek Forrest for a while till the Dreadguard Outer did not KOS me and then used the Red Wine quest in Neriak so that I can now bank there. Guards, Merchants and Citizens are cool with me, but i am probably still KOS in any of the guild halls in the city.
(Note: there is one guard on 'The Dead' faction who walks around sometimes on the path to the Neriak Underground, where the bank is) so make sure you invis while running through Neriak Commons, until you go downstairs)
Old 02-04-2019, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do have to go to the SK guild in the Qeynos Catacombs for a turn-in during Epic, I am not sure what our faction is there or if we need to work it.
As an update in case the OP is still reading, or for other Ikky SKs...

I haven't hunted anything much near Qeynos, and usually try to avoid camps that affect major Factions.

Anyway I was (i think) Apprehensive in the Evil area in Qeynos Catacombs.

To do the turn-in (you need to be indifferent), i walked from the Portcullis doorway to the turn-in guy, staying in line of sight to the doorway, until i was only just in range to do the turn in.

I had my friend (Druid) stand just at the doorway, and he was just in range to invis me. (he was KOS there, but was ok just at the doorway - be careful there is a pather who seems to walk through walls and comes to the doorway once every 3 mins or so)

Began the trade for turn-in, Druid cast Superior Camo on me, pressed trade, bingo-bango... got my Decrepid Sheath.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks Pootle! Still reading...
Old 02-06-2019, 01:30 PM
Orc

Listen to Pootle, he knows.
The "Dead" faction is a pain to raise. *cry*
In Paineel, you only need enough faction to buy the key.

My steam cuz why not?
Old 02-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To do the turn-in (you need to be indifferent), i walked from the Portcullis doorway to the turn-in guy, staying in line of sight to the doorway, until i was only just in range to do the turn in.

I had my friend (Druid) stand just at the doorway, and he was just in range to invis me. (he was KOS there, but was ok just at the doorway - be careful there is a pather who seems to walk through walls and comes to the doorway once every 3 mins or so)

Began the trade for turn-in, Druid cast Superior Camo on me, pressed trade, bingo-bango... got my Decrepid Sheath.
That's cool and all, but in the future, you can just click Hide or cast invis on yourself after opening the trade window.