Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

Default whats better for Fear kiting

Im currently a 45 SK that occasionally Fear kites. Is it better to use something quick like Ebon mace 19/24 and shield to bash and stop them for a few secs(when it hits) or use a high dmg 2hander like Exquisite Claidmore 32/36 for max damage hits? Ty
Old 01-27-2019, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Parse your dps with gamparse or similar and use what is killing stuff faster
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

Bash is nice but you want max dps... Pet helps with dps and bash the mobs for you too... Later epic fix this dilemma with 2h bash...
Old 01-28-2019, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

This is what I thought. Just stinks when they turn and you swing at air or you get a couple misses in a row. Oh well 2hs for me because the animation on 2hb is so dumb looking. Ty
Old 01-28-2019, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bash is nice but you want max dps... Pet helps with dps and bash the mobs for you too... Later epic fix this dilemma with 2h bash...
Fear kiting on a melee is one of the worst fighting experiences this game has to offer. If shield bash is going to make that slightly less annoying, I'd be favoring that if possible.

OP, I'd like to see a parse of these 2 weapons, namely because as you get higher the primary damage bonus with the faster weapon starts to take effect more. Before chardok 2.0 , I would think ebon mace would be damn close to that of an exquisite 2hder in the 50s.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

I soloed a ogre sk on live. This time around I went ERU (only lvl 33). I missed slam so much I’d be tempted to go 1h. A 2h may be more damage but I find those momentary stuns allow the next attack round to land. With glitchy pathing and spazzy Internet/server connection that can be a massive boost in kill speed. Plus they don’t walk quite as far.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fear kiting on a melee is one of the worst fighting experiences this game has to offer. If shield bash is going to make that slightly less annoying, I'd be favoring that if possible.

OP, I'd like to see a parse of these 2 weapons, namely because as you get higher the primary damage bonus with the faster weapon starts to take effect more. Before chardok 2.0 , I would think ebon mace would be damn close to that of an exquisite 2hder in the 50s.
Guess you are probably right... In my case, 1hand is a no go... Sword of pain vs epic makes no sense... Might be different with an eye of the rigtorgn....
Closed Thread